Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be that nasty guard like Snee that would be awesome. I wouldn't mind that at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to draft some those Bama OL players! Very impressive!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He'd be that nasty guard like Snee that would be awesome. I wouldn't mind that at all.
I think Jones is a bit more versatile, kinda like Bruce Matthews. The kinda guy we can plug in at any position on the Oline and do a good job.

I think Jones is very under rated to be honest.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After watching Te'o this game it certainly confirms my belief on how overrated he is. A big pass from me.
That just means there is a better chance he is available when we are on the clock. ;)

I think one of the big problems in that game was the Bama Oline was too good for their Dline.

I still think Teo is a legit top 20 prospect, I always though top 5 was too high considering the value of MLB and the fact that Teo doesn't have the blazing speed of guys like Kuechly, Willis etc. He was a little over hyped as a prospect, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good MLB.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-07-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't tackle or shed blocks against NFL type linemen. This wasn't a spread offense he went up against and couldn't cover from sideline to sideline. He was getting thumped at the point of attack and couldn't do a thing about it. Also I want my MLB to make tackles and Te'o missed more in this game than I'd ever want to see from a 1st round pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not a huge Te'o fan either. Never have been. He's a good player but certainly not great. He gets a big bump because of the Notre Dame hype factor. How he ever got Heisman consideration is beyond me. People calling him an elite type linebacker are just wrong. He's not good at absorbing blocks or shedding them. Would I be furious if we selected him? No, not really. Does that mean I want him? Probably not.

Haha if we could ever land Warmack I would be thrilled. Not sure if he falls that far but maybe because of his position he has the potential for it.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't let one game form an opinion on Mantei T'eo. He's a stud linebacker. Notre Dame was taking great chances last night, probably realizing if that was their only chance to win. They were super aggressive on offense and defense. They were shooting gaps all night diving at the legs of ball carriers trying to get stops at the line or behind it. It obviously didn't work. They played scared. Probably rightfully so.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Don't let one game form an opinion on Mantei T'eo. He's a stud linebacker. Notre Dame was taking great chances last night, probably realizing if that was their only chance to win. They were super aggressive on offense and defense. They were shooting gaps all night diving at the legs of ball carriers trying to get stops at the line or behind it. It obviously didn't work. They played scared. Probably rightfully so.
It's not one game as I've been saying this for awhile. Te'o actually would have fit well on the Giants D this year the way he was missing tackles. He also played scared which is not a quality I want to see. ND hype machine as usual took him to a level he never should have been at. Big pass on him as an NFL Mike.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not one game as I've been saying this for awhile. Te'o actually would have fit well on the Giants D this year the way he was missing tackles. He also played scared which is not a quality I want to see. ND hype machine as usual took him to a level he never should have been at. Big pass on him as an NFL Mike.
He missed more tackles in one game than he did all season. The whole team was missing tackles and the whole team played scared. It was Kelly's preparation. They would have lost either way, but if they played a different game I think it could have been a better game.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He was engaged against NFL type offensive players and still did nothing. Showed no strength to shed and was chasing down almost every play. It wasn't only the missed tackles. He's still going first round but I couldn't believe he was a Heisman runner up and some people are mocking him into the top 10. He's a late 1st round pick in my book.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He was engaged against NFL type offensive players and still did nothing. Showed no strength to shed and was chasing down almost every play. It wasn't only the missed tackles. He's still going first round but I couldn't believe he was a Heisman runner up and some people are mocking him into the top 10. He's a late 1st round pick in my book.
It's not the first time he's gone up against NFL quality offensive linemen. The schedule wasn't as good as originally anticipated but it wasn't like he was playing a Big East schedule. He was also the Heisman runner up because it was a down year. Otherwise no LB would ever be considered. It was the perfect storm. Big year for him and his team and bad year for other contenders. I don't think he's top 10 either, but only because of the position he plays. But there is no doubt that he'll be a very good starting LB in this league for a long time. I also don't think he fits well in the 3-4, and his level of play this year despite that was impressive.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who brought up the schedule? I didn't say ND didn't belong in the championship game. When you have a bad argument it's easy to go out of your way and take a pot shot on something that isn't even being argued.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Who brought up the schedule? I didn't say ND didn't belong in the championship game. When you have a bad argument it's easy to go out of your way and take a pot shot on something that isn't even being argued.
I thought that was where you were going when you said he went up against NFL lineman. Like it was the first time he did so because the schedule was bad. That is the way most in the media are portraying it. First time ND played a real team and their players were exposed.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Bama OL reminded me of our god like OL where we can plug any RB and still dominate! We need to get back to that. That's the type of players we need from the bama OL to our OL. Stack the box, and still get a good YPC.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He missed more tackles in one game than he did all season. The whole team was missing tackles and the whole team played scared. It was Kelly's preparation. They would have lost either way, but if they played a different game I think it could have been a better game.
What does Kelly's preparation have to do with missing tackles and playing scared? Sounds directly like an issue with the players themselves, not coaching. And why are you bashing Kelly when he just led you do an undefeated regular season?

You guys lost because, in all honesty, Notre Dame was never that good. If GF won't say it, I will, you guys played a pretty easy schedule. It may not have been planned that way but it turned out that way and clearly you guys had no business being in the national championship game.

Te'o is good, but certainly far from a stud as you said earlier. He'll be a solid pro but far from a stud.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What does Kelly's preparation have to do with missing tackles and playing scared? Sounds directly like an issue with the players themselves, not coaching. And why are you bashing Kelly when he just led you do an undefeated regular season?

You guys lost because, in all honesty, Notre Dame was never that good. If GF won't say it, I will, you guys played a pretty easy schedule. It may not have been planned that way but it turned out that way and clearly you guys had no business being in the national championship game.

Te'o is good, but certainly far from a stud as you said earlier. He'll be a solid pro but far from a stud.
Kelly has grown on me. Obviously because of this season, but the game plan was to be super aggressive. That's just not how they play. And that shows me they were scared. It started with the coach and went through the players. The coach basically said we can't beat them playing our game. He was right. They couldn't. But they really couldn't beat them playing the way they did. And it probably made them all look worse than it would have if they just played their normal style.

Who had business being in the National Championship game then? Certainly not anyone else outside the SEC other than Ohio State who obviously could not.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That Bama OL reminded me of our god like OL where we can plug any RB and still dominate! We need to get back to that. That's the type of players we need from the bama OL to our OL. Stack the box, and still get a good YPC.
I'd like to see us majorly overhaul the oline, but frankly I don't see it.

Snee and Baas aren't going anywhere, we will likely resign Beatty. That leaves RT and LG. I think we are pretty high on Brewer and Moseley at RT. Locklear is likely back as a cheap vet backup.

At LG we will either sign a vet (including Boothe) or we could look to the draft. If its the latter Barrett Jones seems the best fit for an immediate starter.

I guess an OT is possible but not sure they would start early.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warmack or Warford would be pretty amazing.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Kelly has grown on me. Obviously because of this season, but the game plan was to be super aggressive. That's just not how they play. And that shows me they were scared. It started with the coach and went through the players. The coach basically said we can't beat them playing our game. He was right. They couldn't. But they really couldn't beat them playing the way they did. And it probably made them all look worse than it would have if they just played their normal style.

Who had business being in the National Championship game then? Certainly not anyone else outside the SEC other than Ohio State who obviously could not.
I mean, I'm talking purely from a talent standpoint. Clearly because of how things worked out, you guys were the obvious choice but in terms of having the talent to be there you guys had no business at all. The vast majority of the SEC would destroy Notre Dame, as well as other teams like Oregon.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I mean, I'm talking purely from a talent standpoint. Clearly because of how things worked out, you guys were the obvious choice but in terms of having the talent to be there you guys had no business at all. The vast majority of the SEC would destroy Notre Dame, as well as other teams like Oregon.
I think Oregon would be a good game, but I agree with you about the SEC. Can't compete with those athletes. And it's not just Notre Dame. Pretty much everywhere. They are football factories. Bordering on a mockery of the term student athlete in some cases (looking at you LSU). But I still think they played scared from the get go, from all the coaches comments leading into the game and directly before it.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Oregon would be a good game, but I agree with you about the SEC. Can't compete with those athletes. And it's not just Notre Dame. Pretty much everywhere. They are football factories. Bordering on a mockery of the term student athlete in some cases (looking at you LSU). But I still think they played scared from the get go, from all the coaches comments leading into the game and directly before it.
Meh, that's fine. Playing scared has nothing to do with not tackling properly though.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Meh, that's fine. Playing scared has nothing to do with not tackling properly though.
They were frantically shooting gaps, grasping at legs, praying for a stop at or behind the LOS. That's not how they play. They were far too aggressive. Te'o has never played like that.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kelly's comments at the half were the best.

Reporter: "How do you get back in this game after half?"
Kelly: "Alabama doesn't come back out."

Game. Blouses.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Kelly's comments at the half were the best.

Reporter: "How do you get back in this game after half?"
Kelly: "Alabama doesn't come back out."

Game. Blouses.
Agreed. He was scared. What he did on offense was even worse than what went on for the defense.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, there just honestly is no such thing as a student-athlete. I don't want to over-generalize but unfortunately 85% of the kids playing for a top D1 program are there for sports and nothing else.

I go to UVa which is a pretty hard school to get into out of state, and from the players I have met only one actually deserved to get in there academically and he was an in-state walk-on so I don't even think he can count.

Not too long ago I believe Ralph Nader was trying to expose the mockery the NCAA has made of the term student-athlete by getting rid of athletic scholarships and instead paying the players to practice and play games. I don't remember exactly but it was something along those lines.

Anyway, don't feel bad at least the kids on Notre Dame's team who will actually graduate with a very nice degree not so much the kids on Bama's side.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote