Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Jarvis is definite stretch but I expected some flack over that for sure. Just wanted to mix it up a bit, there is some thought that if Thomas goes into the combine and runs sub 4.4 he might rise into the 2/3rd range but we will wait for that.

Who else do you think fell from heaven in an impossible situation ?
dependent on brandon williams combine and senior bowl i think he could be a top 10 pick (yeah top 10) especially after poe last year based on the little film ive seen he's much further along than poe was coming out.

thomas in the fourth i see him in third but he has some questions about his size so maybe we'll se

btw cowboys dont have 7th round pick we traded it to miami for phil cook
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
dependent on brandon williams combine and senior bowl i think he could be a top 10 pick (yeah top 10) especially after poe last year based on the little film ive seen he's much further along than poe was coming out.

thomas in the fourth i see him in third but he has some questions about his size so maybe we'll se

btw cowboys dont have 7th round pick we traded it to miami for phil cook
good call on the 7th I completely forgot that we invested it in Cook.

I agree that Williams can rise with a good senior bowl showing and combine but comparing him to Poe is a tough thing to do. Poe at least played Div I ball and in his final season played semi relevant teams in Mississippi St, East Carolina, Arkansas St and UCF. Williams played in a split Div II/III league, I played for a Div III football team and if you could rip though the line and tackle me 4 yards in the backfield it meant nothing for your draft status lol.

Joking aside there is a huge talent jump between the divisions and we will really get to see what he is made of. Another factor in his draft status is that he turns 24 next month so he is on the older side for prospects. I think at best he can crack the late first with everything on his side but we will see.

Speaking of Poe I talked to Viddea on one of the other forums who is a big KC fan, he has been fairly impressed with Dontari's development and said he really came on mid season. I'm pretty sure we were the only two on the bandwagon so I thought that I would share that little nugget with you.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
good call on the 7th I completely forgot that we invested it in Cook.

I agree that Williams can rise with a good senior bowl showing and combine but comparing him to Poe is a tough thing to do. Poe at least played Div I ball and in his final season played semi relevant teams in Mississippi St, East Carolina, Arkansas St and UCF. Williams played in a split Div II/III league, I played for a Div III football team and if you could rip though the line and tackle me 4 yards in the backfield it meant nothing for your draft status lol.

Joking aside there is a huge talent jump between the divisions and we will really get to see what he is made of. Another factor in his draft status is that he turns 24 next month so he is on the older side for prospects. I think at best he can crack the late first with everything on his side but we will see.

Speaking of Poe I talked to Viddea on one of the other forums who is a big KC fan, he has been fairly impressed with Dontari's development and said he really came on mid season. I'm pretty sure we were the only two on the bandwagon so I thought that I would share that little nugget with you.
we'll see what williams does in the senior bowl first then we can bring up this conversation again.

i can't wait for the senior bowl this year, i've never been so excited for it before there are alot players that i wanna check out this year
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it makes enough sense to compare Williams to Poe. Poe really didn't blow up until after the combine when he ran an unofficial 4.87 at 350 pounds. Williams is smaller and probably won't run that fast.

Reason why I like Williams more than I ever liked Poe was Williams actually showed up on the field. His stats are very nice (even if the competition is lower). Poe did nothing. We dodged a bullet with him, imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

An idea:

Jerry trades into the top-5 (just like last year). Who does he target, if he does this, and what are the chances he does?

Damontre Moore? Could be the 3rd pass rusher the Cowboys really need. Star Lotulelei? Could be the dominating NT to spell Ratliff and eventually replace him. Another OT like Luke Joeckel? Could replace the ineffective Doug Free.

Last edited by AcheTen (Thumper) : 01-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
An idea:

Jerry trades into the top-5 (just like last year). Who does he target, if he does this, and what are the chances he does?

Damontre Moore? Could be the 3rd pass rusher the Cowboys really need. Star Lotulelei? Could be the dominating NT to spell Ratliff and eventually replace him. Another OT like Luke Joeckel? Could replace the ineffective Doug Free.
The team is projected to be $20 mil over the salary cap with 44 contracts on the books. We need bodies in camp and the draft is the cheapest way to do so, bundling picks is probably out of the question this year.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An idea:

If we were to jump into the top 5 there's only 2 players in my mind I'd want. Lotulelei or Joeckel. Can Lotulelei play DE in a 3-4?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An idea:

I don't think it makes sense for us this time. The players at the top of the draft are not significantly more elite. I see the real value of this draft in the mid first to mid 3rd. If anything I would like to stock pile picks in that range.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a drop down a few spots to maybe get another 3rd or 4th rounder.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a drop down a few spots to maybe get another 3rd or 4th rounder.
Would be nice, but it's easier said than done. Like I said earlier in my forum mock experience. I posted to everyone that I was looking to trade down, but nobody was interested. The depth of this draft makes 18 just as good as 25 (random number). Just not worth it enough for a team to give up a 3rd or 4th to do it.

Sometimes you think a team would trade up for a QB, so hopefully some of the hype of some QBs start rising up through the draft process. Right now it's just dead. Both Barkley and Glennon got drafted in Round 2. They need to drive their stock up to Round 1 for a team to be willing to give up a later pick. *Crosses fingers*
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to know will Jerry Jones draft a QB this year in the first round, because I have a gut feeling he will take Barkley if y'all stay at #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I would like to know will Jerry Jones draft a QB this year in the first round, because I have a gut feeling he will take Barkley if y'all stay at #18
thats asinine asiten asileven asitwevle
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Why does your gut tell you that?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Warmack and Barrett Jones are absolute BEAST. It's incredible watching those 2 next to eachother, and how could anybody possibly not love Barrett Jones as a pick? Two time All American, has the pedigree of going through that program to his Senior year, he's started at three different positions in the SEC and was great at them all, and he has the looks of one of those players you absolutely know will be a great pro.

There just seems to be no bust factor there. He's one of the guys who you'll see transition really easy and won't be surprised he's a consistent starter. I would love him as our Center, and the versatility is a great bonus. I can't find any reason to not want him.

Warmack is just a monster though, he is a big mauler who can move like Iupati a few years back, and he's extremely athletic for his size. He's going to be an instant improvement on the run game to whoever gets him. I think he's gone by our pick anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's more likely he trades the pick for a deck of cards and a new employee to wipe his glasses. Team is committed to Romo and will probably give him an extension before training camp to lessen his cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So, Warmack and Barrett Jones are absolute BEAST. It's incredible watching those 2 next to eachother, and how could anybody possibly not love Barrett Jones as a pick? Two time All American, has the pedigree of going through that program to his Senior year, he's started at three different positions in the SEC and was great at them all, and he has the looks of one of those players you absolutely know will be a great pro.

There just seems to be no bust factor there. He's one of the guys who you'll see transition really easy and won't be surprised he's a consistent starter. I would love him as our Center, and the versatility is a great bonus. I can't find any reason to not want him.

Warmack is just a monster though, he is a big mauler who can move like Iupati a few years back, and he's extremely athletic for his size. He's going to be an instant improvement on the run game to whoever gets him. I think he's gone by our pick anyway.
Problem is it is hard to evaluate Jones when he's a part of one of the better college offensive lines in recent memory. I love his versatility and it is extremely rare for a prospect to play well at all 5 OL positions. That being said I'd take Cooper and Warmock over him without flinching and would have to think REALLY hard about him vs Dallas Thomas. That to me is where I push him down into the 2nd due to his company. Most years I'd say mid-late 1st but Cooper/Warmock are heads and shoulders better as prospects IMHO.

I think at 18 we'll have a crack at one of the two top OG and it'll depend on how we value the next tier (Jones/Thomas/Warford/Richardson/Bailey/Frederick/etc). Personally I think the top two guards are worth the 18 spot but we have other needs so I wouldn't be mad targeting one from the next tier in rounds 2 or 3.

That also allows me to root for Vaccaro in the first! :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vaccaro in the first, Barret Jones in the second.

/fap
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Problem is it is hard to evaluate Jones when he's a part of one of the better college offensive lines in recent memory. I love his versatility and it is extremely rare for a prospect to play well at all 5 OL positions. That being said I'd take Cooper and Warmock over him without flinching and would have to think REALLY hard about him vs Dallas Thomas. That to me is where I push him down into the 2nd due to his company. Most years I'd say mid-late 1st but Cooper/Warmock are heads and shoulders better as prospects IMHO.

I think at 18 we'll have a crack at one of the two top OG and it'll depend on how we value the next tier (Jones/Thomas/Warford/Richardson/Bailey/Frederick/etc). Personally I think the top two guards are worth the 18 spot but we have other needs so I wouldn't be mad targeting one from the next tier in rounds 2 or 3.

That also allows me to root for Vaccaro in the first! :D

We all should. That goes without saying. Those guys are top 15 prospects who may not even make it to us, Barrett Jones is a second round guy. He's not on the level of those guys but he also wouldn't cost the same pick. Warmock should be long gone, if he's not and we don't take him I'd throw my TV out of a window. I'd trade a 4th to move up slightly to ensure we got him. If not I love Cooper there, but either one of those guards would massively upgrade our running game. The way Warmock can move up to the next level and engage blockers is a thing of beauty.

I'm not against Safety in the 1st either, but at the moment probably leaning Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night was my first chance to watch a complete Alabama game this year. I have to say I'd be all in with Warmack in the 1st and I don't know if Jones makes it to the 2nd round.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I don't know if Jones makes it to the 2nd round.
WHAT i watched jones all night and he was falling all over the place and could barely move

ive never been high on jones and obviously he was hampered by that foot injury but to say imply that you were impressed by that performance is crazy
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
WHAT i watched jones all night and he was falling all over the place and could barely move

ive never been high on jones and obviously he was hampered by that foot injury but to say imply that you were impressed by that performance is crazy
A simple I would disagree would have sufficed.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Nix did push Jones around some last night. What it looked like to me was that while he was able to wall off Nix and keep him blocked, so to speak, he did get pushed back.

That is my concern about Jones at Center is his ability to anchor esp against big NTs. he seems to lack that core strength to hold his ground.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 01-08-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
A simple I would disagree would have sufficed.
i disagree
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Guard is a weird position and guys always seem to slide, DeCastro was supposed to be a top ten lock at one point in the process and ended up sliding to the Steelers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Warmack was available at #18 but even if he isn't I think Cooper would be a very nice fit. Cooper is probably the better athlete in the open field and could pull and trap from the RG. That is an added feature we really couldn't do with Bernadeau at guard and troubles at center.

As for Barrett Jones he is not an elite anchor even when healthy but I felt he did a nice job especially with a bum leg. He certainly needs to continue to work on his strength, looking at him in street clothes he doesn't necessarily look like he has a football body. That is a testiment to how good his technique is and make his accomplishments even more impressive to me. I think with a year in a NFL Strength and Conditioning program he could be a legit 315 with much better functional strength.

Someone else who is on my radar is Travis Frederick who has experience at C/G and has some size to him. The combine will be important for his draft stock because his one knock is he is heavy footed and will have trouble with speed at the next level.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guard is a weird position and guys always seem to slide, DeCastro was supposed to be a top ten lock at one point in the process and ended up sliding to the Steelers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Warmack was available at #18 but even if he isn't I think Cooper would be a very nice fit. Cooper is probably the better athlete in the open field and could pull and trap from the RG. That is an added feature we really couldn't do with Bernadeau at guard and troubles at center.
That's a good point but the difference between DeCastro and Warmack is that Warmack is just physically a man beast. While DeCastro was heralded for his toughness and his work as a technician, there were some questions about his functional strength and doubts about him being able to overwhelm defenders. He was just an above-average athlete at the position, where Warmack is a freak.

As prospects

Iupati=Warmack>>>DeCastro

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote