Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-31-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Killxswitch and I got Margus Hunt in the 3rd. That would be a great pick.
That would be a huge pickup! As raw as he is, I still don't think he makes it to the 3rd round. But i'm all for it!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunts' potential will get him picked before the late 3rd, unfortunately.

I would also keep an eye out for a raw-but-big-and-fast safety prospect that drops. Pagano is the perfect coach to develop a player like that.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

With limited draft picks this year do the Colts make big moves in free agency?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Salary cap is 123m (max they can spend)
Salary floor is 107m (minimum they must spend)

I keep hearing the number of 43m in cap room that the colts have. So that implies that they have 80m on the salary for next year. So that means they must spend 27m more than they presently are scheduled to pay. And can go up to 43m.

$43m translates to 4-6 good starters.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Sounds pretty good to me!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard anywhere from 40 to 50 million in cap space. I would expect interest in free agents at the following positions:

OT
OG
WR
DE
CB
S

That of course doesn't mean we will sign new starters at all of those positions. And not all the money will go to free agents. Some goes to rookies, some to players whose contacts need extensions. And some may get carried over to next year if they just don't find the right long-term guys.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys. We have talked a lot about OL, OLB, and CB, but what do you guys think about 34 DEs?

Check out Scott's podcast about it.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draftco...raft-countdown

I'm thinking we could get someone in the late rounds.

34 DEs in no particular order
-Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6'4", 320
-Baker Steinkuhler, Nebraska, 6'6", 290
-Kapron Lewis-Moore, Notre Dame, 6'4", 306
-Abry Jones, Georgia, 6'3", 308
-Margus Hunt, SMU, 6'8", 280
-Quinton Dial, Alabama, 6'6", 304
-Damion Square, Alabama, 6'3", 286

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 01-03-2013 at 02:38 AM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson and Short can be solid 3-4 DEs also.

Kind of a meh group overall.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Richardson and Short can be solid 3-4 DEs also.

Kind of a meh group overall.
I think Short is debatable. Listening to what Scott had to say made me inclined to think he could play NT but not 34 DE.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think Short has the right skillset to play 3-4 DE but I don't trust his work ethic or motor for DE or NT. At least not in the 1st. 3rd, sure.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Short has the right skillset to play 3-4 DE but I don't trust his work ethic or motor for DE or NT. At least not in the 1st. 3rd, sure.
Yeah he has strings of plays where he is just invisible. I don't think he has the discipline to keep contain with his motor.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

A few thoughts:

- The OL needs new starters at both guard spots, center, and RT.

At C, the replacement is already on the roster and should be obvious: Shipley. He's just better. He's stronger, he's meaner, he snaps the ball better. He is better in pass protection and run blocking. He doesn't screw up his assignments like Satele. I am really disappointed in this coaching staff for going back to Satele. That was a Polian-era move.

Reitz is a good player and I hope he is re-signed. But he needs to be a backup. He can't stay healthy, so we can't rely on him as a starter.

McGlynn is a pathetic sack of crap and should be cut immediately. No starting, no backup duty, just cut him.

Justice is a fine RT, but like Reitz, he can't play a full season. Can't trust him to be anything more than depth. I'd like to re-sign him to be a depth player but I doubt he'd be willing.

I am hoping to snag Andy Levitre and one of the many OTs potentially available in free agency in the offseason. Use that cap money to improve the OL. I'm also hoping for Larry Warford in the 3rd. But I doubt he will be available.

I'd like to target Dwayne Bowe or Greg Jennings in free agency. Someone to replace Avery and be the #1 once Wayne retires or just slows down. It's not critical but it'd be nice. Beyond that and OL, the offense seems set to me.

On defense, well, there's good and bad. ILB is set, easily. I'd say NT is too. CB is probably a need but it isn't as strong as the others I'm about to discuss. If the front 7 improves guys like Vaughn and Butler look a lot better.

DE needs at least one starting-caliber talent in there to work with Redding and Moala. I'd love to pick up Randy Starks in free agency. I don't think we're getting much help in the draft at that position. We have fine depth but Moala is a middling starter and Redding can't be counted to play a full season.

At OLB, we of course have many options in the draft. But the good ones might be gone before we can get one. After watching this game and researching a bit more about how he ended the season, I would not mind signing Paul Kruger if he is available. He has apparently developed into a much better player than I ever expected. If we got him and drafted a developmental guy in the middle rounds (and/or got a similar talent in free agency) I think we'd be fine there. Definitely need a more effective starter than Freeney, though. Our pass rush has been pretty bad at times this year. Very inconsistent.

Safety is a nightmare. We all know Zbikowski needs to be replaced (why in the hell did he start today???). Lefeged isn't the answer but he is significantly better than Z. Z should be cut. He does nothing well.

But Bethea has been a continual disappointment all year. He's had flashes of the old player we used to know. But he looks so slow. He tackles very poorly and looks weak doing it. He's blown his coverage assignment multiple times this year and it happened again today. And all year he just cannot make a play on the ball. He drops sure INTs and allows catches when he has the chance to bat the ball away. He doesn't seem like the same guy at all. After today I am comfortable saying we should not re-sign him when his contract is up unless he significantly improves next year. We need a new starting SS and probably some depth. But FS is not locked down like I thought it was. There are good S prospects in this draft and some guys like William Moore and LaRon Landry are potentially available in free agency.

At corner, the first order of business is to lock Davis up for the next 5 years. Pagano will make him a star. Vaughn and Butler are great depth but middling starters. There are quite a few good CB options potentially available in free agency, I'd be shocked if the Colts didn't take a shot there somewhere. I just don't think we can afford to burn a high pick on a CB prospect.

I'd also advocate for a new kicker. AV costs too much and can't consistently hit kicks in the 40 yard range for some reason. It's not high on the priority list but there's no reason to pay the guy $3 million a year.

This should be a busy offseason for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I actually think the front 7 did a decent job in the playoff game. I think it was the secondary that made us look like idiots. Against Joe Flacco... Darius Butler and Cassius Vaughn don't turn back for the ball, Bethea isn't as physical as he once was and has lost a step, and Z is just worthless. I think we have 3 spots to fill in the secondary. The thing about potentially drafting Xavier Rhodes is he is so physical. He brings the attitude we need. He could play safety or corner imo.

The OL I agree with you on. Satele sucks and McGlynn is terrible. We have some quality guys, but they don't stay healthy (like you said killswitch). I have Castonzo/?/Shipley/?/? That is how bad our OL of the future looks. I'm not even really sold on Shipley long term. We will see.

I just want to give a salute to Luck. I can't believe he brought a team with so many holes to the playoffs. So glad he is a Colt. Also, Hilton is a boss.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Honestly I think with the way that Luck is playing, we can be a contender without a great defense.

Our #1 priority is protecting him with draft picks or signings this offseason. I would want the OL to be stellar even if it comes at the expense of a crappy defense.

It would be nice to finally have a good defense in Indy, but I'm content with seeing shootouts next season if it means that Luck can take a 5 step drop without getting killed.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Good news! Wisconsin C/G Travis Frederick has declared for the 2013 draft. This increases our chances of getting a good interior OLman for sure. I am a Frederick fan. He's huge but plays with good technique and is supposedly pretty smart. I do like Shipley at C but I'm sure Frederick could start at guard (he played there plenty at Wisconsin) and move to center if it made sense.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

1-25: CB, Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
3-89: OT, Kyle Long, Oregon
4-121: OT, Brian Winters, Kent St.
6-185:
7-217:

This is what falloutboy14 and I have come out with in the forum mock so far. I think we have done well condidering the curve balls thrown at us. Both Long and Winters are steals. Just a little disappointed we missed out on premiere pass rushers. I'll post the complete list when we are done.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

This is waaaay off topic, but I thought I'd just ask. Where the hell did Geo go? He was a fantastic Colts poster on this board. Miss seeing his thoughts on the Colts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No idea.

Both he and Dam haven't posted in more then a year.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
No idea.

Both he and Dam haven't posted in more then a year.
Dam is active on ColtFreaks so I don't know what his problem is.

As for Geo, no idea. He was a good poster, I miss him. Weird how he just dropped off without a single word.

Long in the 2nd would indeed be a steal. Don't know much about Winters. That draft would look a lot better to me if I knew we signed an OLB like Anthony Spencer, Paul Kruger, Shaun Phillips, or Michael Johnson.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Wow I just looked at Geo's last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
This is the only time I will return to this forum/site.

I have reactivated the league.

Xio, you are now the League Manager. If you don't want to do it, find someone else who will.

I will not be taking part in this league any longer.

Whoever is the LM:

1. Delete me from my team (now titled Available Team).
2. Strip me of my LM powers if you can in the LM Tools section.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dam is active on ColtFreaks so I don't know what his problem is.

As for Geo, no idea. He was a good poster, I miss him. Weird how he just dropped off without a single word.

Long in the 2nd would indeed be a steal. Don't know much about Winters. That draft would look a lot better to me if I knew we signed an OLB like Anthony Spencer, Paul Kruger, Shaun Phillips, or Michael Johnson.
Definitely agree about signing a SLB. It is hard to draft without the FA process. All we did was decide who we were signing back and letting walk. Falloutboy14 was the one who made the OL board so he probably knows more about Winters. He is respected around NFLDC though!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53954

And that is crazy about Geo. Sucks to see that. I wonder why...
I should get an account on ColtsFreaks just to give a shout to Dam haha!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

We just got a new owner at ColtFreaks and some things are changing so the more the merrier. falloutboy is on there and has gotten some flack for his username.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Haha that sucks because I love that band. :(

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It is a different culture over there. I like it but we tend to run off a lot of new people.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I tried to start an account on ColtFreak, but for some reason it didn't let me.

And then when I tried again, it told me that my email already exists.

Weird.