Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I never understood why he was so highly regarded. I mean, top 5 pick? Top 10? No way to me.
Like someone else mentioned, his INT number is a fluke. Is he a good prospect? Yeah, he most definitely is, but people basically saying he's the best MLB prospect in awhile/top 5 pick stuff was just mindblowing to me.

I always thought he'd be a mid 1st rounder, and thats where he probably will go. Maybe late 1st after that horrible showing.
It's all relative based on this year though. Te'o's leadership is going to be a huge positive for a lot of teams in need for guys like that, thinking Lions, Bills etc

Now in general I am not a fan of drafting LBs who don't rush that high, and despite how well Keuchly played at MLB I still think he was taken too highly. That is simply a principle thing though, but if the top tier talent isn't as strong or deep then of course these guys can be considered top players.

Consensus seems to state that the QBs aren't great but you can be guaranteed that at least 1, likely more will go top 10.

I would be hugely surprised if any RBs or WRs go top 10.

Joeckel and Lewan will liekly go top 10 but it's unlikely that either Warmack or Cooper do.

So offensively there is possibly 4, at most 5 guys who may be top 10 picks.

Eric Reid isn't a top 10 safety and neither is Kenny Vaccaro.

Dee Milliner will likely go top 10 but it's a reach to say Banks or Rhodes will.

Jarvis Jones may have top 10 talent but I would be willing to bet he falls.

That leaves defensive linemen. Star, Richardson, Werner, Moore, Ansah, Jordan are all possibilities but likely only 4 are certainties (at this point).

I don't think we can say a certain player doesn't have top 10 talent without comparing the players in this draft they may go up against.

Say Detroit, for instance, likes Milliner and Werner a lot but both are off the board along with Joeckel and Geno. They then will be left in a bad spot for them. And Detroit is a team with a LB need and more importantly a need for defensive leadership. I could very well see a scenario where they take Te'o

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote