Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year?
Robert Griffin III 31 25.83%
Andrew Luck 48 40.00%
Russell Wilson 37 30.83%
Other 4 3.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If RG3 didnt hand over to Cousins to get the win in against Baltimore, miss the Cleveland win, and then play poorly against the Cowboys when the whole season was on the line, then I think it would have been him. Cousins and Morris both showed that while RG3 played awesome, there was a lot of help.

Same with Wilson having the beast and a defense.

Luck showed more rookie mistakes, but considering he had everything on his shoulders, I just cant get past the fact he took a 2 win team to 11 wins (and think the voters will see it that way).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yes because as a Pats fan I have a real desire to love a Colts player.

And Wilson's throw to Rice was a way better catch than it was throw
I won't pretend to know why you act like Luck is the only rookie QB that can make all the throws needed in the NFL.

And it was still a beautiful throw.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I won't pretend to know why you act like Luck is the only rookie QB that can make all the throws needed in the NFL.

I don't think he is the only one who can, but I have seen him do it on a consistent basis, I haven't from Wilson or RG3. Virtually every game he makes one or two throws where you just go wow. The other 2 to a certain extent have more shot plays based off play action which are easier to execute.

The other guys have a better handle on their own offenses than Luck, but Luck is asked to do more. Luck is put in a horrible situation for a rookie QB. Luck is forced into making throws that are top level NFL throws on a consistent basis. Quite often he doesn't quite make them resulting in turnovers, incompletions etc, however the fact is that neither Wilson or RG3 are put in such a bad situation. Credit their offensive coaches for that, but the fact of the matter is I have seen more impressive plays from Luck as a passer than from either of the other 2.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two types of people. Those who think Luck is clearly the best rookie, and those who think he shouldn't really be in the discussion. The second group will split between Wilson and Griffin with maybe a vote or two for a RB, leaving Luck with the award.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post

That throw by Wilson is an NFL caliber throw, accurate with good velocity 27 yards down the field. Still I think Andrew Luck has demonstrated more arm talent throughout his rookie season than Wilson has. Luck had a couple of throws in that Ravens game that I would describe as more impressive than that one by Wilson. However, pure throwing ability is not the end all to the debate, and Wilson has proven a lot to me with throws like that later in the season.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Mix
Rookie

Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mix wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Morris should win but he has no chance against the QBs. 1613 yards rushing and 13 TDs was 2nd in the league for both categories.

I don't get the Luck love. If any other QB completed 54% of his passes and had 23 turnovers the media and fans would rip them apart.
Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i believe luck will win the actual award, but i voted for wilson here. the transition he made after the first four weeks was incredible. i don't think there's a bad choice among the three. sucks for alfred morris.
At this point, it is just a popularity contest and nothing more. All 4 or 5 if you include Martin, are deserving and in most NFL years either of them would win the award. Just a great year for skill players.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Not sure about 2010, but 20 players from last year's team are on the current 53 man roster. That does not include 8 guys from 2011 that are currently on the IR.

If you are trying to say that the 2011 Colts were an aberration because the 2012 and 2010 teams were good and had similar players, I think this actually hurts your point. The 2010 Colts had Manning, and they were good. The 2011 Colts had Curtis Painter and sucked. The 2012 Colts had Luck and were good. So to me, based on what you are implying, Luck has been extremely important to the team.
Is Painter still in the league?? The Colts really didn't have a credible backup behind Manning and that was the problem, not the entire team IMO.

I think Rex Grossman starting for the Colts 2011 team would have won at least 5-6 games.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Is Painter still in the league?? The Colts really didn't have a credible backup behind Manning and that was the problem, not the entire team IMO.

I think Rex Grossman starting for the Colts 2011 team would have won at least 5-6 games.
The Colts played the entire year on a high due to Pagano's health just like NO did the year they won the SB. I want to see year 2 before I anoint Indy as a solid team and I'm a huge Luck believer. I know they have a bright future but I'm still not sure this season wasn't an abbreviation.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough, because Andrew Luck carried his team the most of the three but also failed to make a convincing statistical argument in comparison to the other two. Griffin looked the most talented, but it's arguable that much of his success was due to Alfred Morris' production in the run game (especially when you consider that Griffin's statistics were vastly more impressive in the play-action game.) Wilson was probably the most efficient of the three, but he also had a legitimate defense and an established running game. I'll give it to Wilson, but it was very close.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like a few of Luck's detractors on this issue take this vote and issue very personally. Much more than I have seen Luck's proponents.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand this.

50 writers voted at some point after Week 17 but before the playoff games and it takes them 2+ weeks to count the votes?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is also worth noting that if you gave the new Chiefs or Jaguars GM the choice of which of these three rookie QB's they could build their franchise around, I think Luck is the choice hands down.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
It is also worth noting that if you gave the new Chiefs or Jaguars GM the choice of which of these three rookie QB's they could build their franchise around, I think Luck is the choice hands down.
I don't think that's worth noting at all.

This isn't a discussion about who has the brightest future or even who is the best player of the three right now.

It's about who had the best YEAR. One year. 16 games.

I'm glad I don't have to vote because it would be impossible. All three made the playoffs. wtf.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't understand this.

50 writers voted at some point after Week 17 but before the playoff games and it takes them 2+ weeks to count the votes?
No, that's just when they release the results. There are dates for when each award will be announced.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
That's not what this debate is about though. Luck was the answer then and now for the future, but 4 guys this year had outstanding years and are all worthy.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Bottom 5 defense
- Bottom 5 o-line
- Took a team that most gamblers would have picked as a surefire top 10 draft pick team to 9 more wins than they got last year
- Rookies all across the board to work with
- Wilson and Griffin both under .500 when having to throw the ball 25+ and 30+ times in a game.

Conclusion: Luck

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it as an MVP type award, so I voted Luck as I feel he was asked to do the most for his team and produced similar results to the other three guys.

Griffin and Morris sabotage each other a bit in that they both made each other better and are both responsible for the results. Not to take anything away from either, they both had outstanding seasons and both would be deserving winners should they win.

Wilson has a much better team around him than the other two which made his transition a lot easier, basically he has matched Luck and Griffin over the 2nd half of the season but, imo, was not on the same level for the first half where he was more game manager than anything else. Once again, not to take anything away from him as he is also a deserving winner should he win.

I can totally see the case for any of the 4 for what it's worth, I'd just personally take Luck because I was most impressed with what he did this year given what is around him.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I'd like to remind everyone of us part if the reason for Wilsons slow start is he didn't get a full offseason with the #1 offense. So its not like he was thrown into a great situation either.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i believe luck will win the actual award, but i voted for wilson here. the transition he made after the first four weeks was incredible. i don't think there's a bad choice among the three. sucks for alfred morris.
Holy cow, that sounds exactly what I would say..... what's wrong here.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't read the original thread which someone referred to (or all the comments in this thread), but it seems like RGIII and Wilson are being discredited because they were on better / more talented teams. Wilson and RGIII had the most support, with Wilson having a legit Super Bowl contender, but they both excelled to such a degree that it makes Luck' season look vastly inferior (which it was). Wilson and Griffin had better seasons. Just flat out better seasons. I'd rank Doug Martin ahead of Luck as well. In every game I saw from Luck, it looked like he was forcing throws that his arm could not make.

I know people brush off the passer rating stat as something that's inaccurate or misleading, but it's usually a very good indicator of who had the best season. It wasn't a fluke that both Wilson and Griffin were over a 100 passer rating, and both ranked in the top 5 in the NFL while Luck was in the mid 70s and ranked in the mid to low 20s in passer rating. It doesn't take into account the supporting casts and the fact that Luck needed to throw the ball far more frequently, which makes Luck's season far more impressive than the 70-something passer rating he had.

Wilson had a passer rating over 100 in 7 of the last 8 games. The one game he didn't? An 88.0 where they beat Arizona by 58. He threw 16 TDs to 2 INTs in the second half of the season. His 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio is pretty impressive considering the start he had. My initial reaction to this thread (first time I gave it a moments thought as to rookie of the year) was to vote for Wilson, but then I considered the rushing ability of Griffin and changed my mind. Wilson's second half of the season is so dominant that I almost want to change my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 01-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the three, Wilson IMO was the most impressive over the last 8 games.

BTW, am I the only one that has a minor question about Luck's arm strength/velocity??

Luck's arm IMO isn't a liability, but I don't think it's limited somewhat. Good arm, not great.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
If RG3 didnt hand over to Cousins to get the win in against Baltimore, miss the Cleveland win, and then play poorly against the Cowboys when the whole season was on the line, then I think it would have been him. Cousins and Morris both showed that while RG3 played awesome, there was a lot of help.

Same with Wilson having the beast and a defense.

Luck showed more rookie mistakes, but considering he had everything on his shoulders, I just cant get past the fact he took a 2 win team to 11 wins (and think the voters will see it that way).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
There are two types of people. Those who think Luck is clearly the best rookie, and those who think he shouldn't really be in the discussion. The second group will split between Wilson and Griffin with maybe a vote or two for a RB, leaving Luck with the award.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
-Bottom 5 defense
- Bottom 5 o-line
- Took a team that most gamblers would have picked as a surefire top 10 draft pick team to 9 more wins than they got last year
- Rookies all across the board to work with
- Wilson and Griffin both under .500 when having to throw the ball 25+ and 30+ times in a game.

Conclusion: Luck
I too voted Wilson but think Luck is probably the best bet to win it.
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
That just isn't true. Indianapolis punted the ball only 5 times more than Washington (Washington went for it on 4th down 5 more times than Indianapolis). Indaianapolis actually had a third-down conversion rate 7% higher than Washington, all without a viable running game to pick up third-and-shorts.
This is just ********. Indy had a run game but they chose not to use it properly. They have a former first round pick and a guy who given 15+ carries per game had the same YPC 4.6, as Morris.

And what levity do folks put on injuries?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
And what levity do folks put on injuries?
I'm not sure what you're asking. RGIII's injuries count against him in my eyes, but that's not really a question of "levity."
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote