Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
132-117 in games not played at 1 on the east coast.

That's a damn large discrepancy...
Maybe it's because many of those games were played at home and were against the same bad west coast teams. Nope, it's far more likely that the league has a conspiracy to keep the west coast teams down
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
And aren't most of those games against each other? As someone else said, win the division and this isn't an issue.
Well, when a west coast team beats another west coast team, that makes them 1-1 against eachother....which means that the positive wins come agaisnt east coast teams. Math...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Maybe it's because many of those games were played at home and were against the same bad west coast teams. Nope, it's far more likely that the league has a conspiracy to keep the west coast teams down
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just saying it's a disadvantage. There's nothing the NFL can do about it, it just sucks.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just saying it's a disadvantage. There's nothing the NFL can do about it, it just sucks.
I think you're making way too much of this. Go back and look at these wins and losses in these 10 am slots. I just did it for the 49ers, and unsurprisingly they lost the majority of their games in this slot to the playoff teams that were better than them, and they beat the crappy teams like Denver and St. Louis in the same slot.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems to me they're better off playing early on Sunday than they are playing either time slot on Saturday. At least they get more rest that way.

And given the time slots were set up in advance, I don't really see a conspiracy here. A disadvantage, maybe - I tend to think it's not a huge deal - but I really see only one time slot that Seahawks fans couldn't complain about after playing the later Sunday game last week. This is probably the second best of the four slots for them, too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luckily the Seahawks fans I'm surrounded by all just think they're invincible and are all convinced that they're going to the Super Bowl. That's much better than this. It's really not a big deal. It's a playoff game. They should be more than ready for it. They've played in plenty of 10am games before. In college, they had to play in 9am games. And hell, Russell Wilson played most of his collegiate games in the east coast timezone so he should be just dandy.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The league has had it in for Seattle all year, from the Tate catch against Green Bay to the overturn of Sherman's suspension. My guess is you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy in here.
Tate didnt catch any football...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You see, there's this thing called "Jet lag." It happens when you travel to a different time zone and are not used to the change. Your body thinks it's 10 am, when it's actually 1 pm. The team that is not traveling does not have to deal with this problem.

Do you understand this concept?
It's not really an issue though. You fly in the night before. Problem solved.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well atleast thanks to Mr.dragon we can now add time slots to the list of reasons why our said team lost. Refs? InjuryzZzZzZ, crappy field, refs?, no damnit its because that damned NFL slated our game for 10am if only we would have played at 12:37=victoryzZZ

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** did I just read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The point still stands.

ATL-SEA and GB-SF were the likeliest scenario.

The networks did not have to put ATL on that 1 ET slot.

I'm whining about it and if they lose I'm blaming it 100% on this.
If this isn't sarcasm, shut the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-09-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure they'll be prepared but their bodies aren't accustomed to a gameday schedule during that time slot. That's a fact.

Not to mention the entire fanbase is watching the game at 10 freaking AM.
Thankfully they sell booze out here pretty much 24/7 so we can stock up early if we have to. I guess it might interfere with church for some.

I remember years ago on sundays my wife asking me if father Musberger was saying mass this morning.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Well atleast thanks to Mr.dragon we can now add time slots to the list of reasons why our said team lost. Refs? InjuryzZzZzZ, crappy field, refs?, no damnit its because that damned NFL slated our game for 10am if only we would have played at 12:37=victoryzZZ
I'm not trying to make a big deal about this, I'm just responding to the people saying time slots make no difference. It's clearly an advantage for east coast teams, whether its a big or small advantage is up for debate.

We're gonna win anyway so it doesnt matter.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to make a big deal about this, I'm just responding to the people saying time slots make no difference. It's clearly an advantage for east coast teams, whether its a big or small advantage is up for debate.

So you acknowledge that late night Sunday/Monday games are an advantage to west coast teams? Playing so late at night against an opponent who feels like it's mid afternoon is the exact same advantage as the one you are referring to.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
So you acknowledge that late night Sunday/Monday games are an advantage to west coast teams? Playing so late at night against an opponent who feels like it's mid afternoon is the exact same advantage as the one you are referring to.
http://runnersconnect.net/running-tr...of-day-to-run/

Your peak athletic performance is in the late afternoon (the article says as late as 10pm.)

Besides, there are far fewer night games than morning games.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why the goal is to WIN YOUR DIVISION.

Wildcard teams get crumbs.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What the **** did I just read.

If this isn't sarcasm, shut the **** up.
So... You want me to keep going?

I'm whining about the NFL not having the foresight about one disadvantage to a west coast team. However small or large that disadvantage is. I can do that.

I think they should have put the ATL time slot for 4 on Sunday and the NE one at 1 but they didn't because Pats draw more eyes than ATL.

I'm allowed to opine about that.

Will it actually make a difference? I hope not. Will I bring it up if they lose? No way. Just an observation.

Feel free to Glen coffee the thread.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread makes me dislike the Seahawks, that's a serious accomplishment cause not only did they knock off the stupid Redskins, and they could deny Matt Ryan his first playoff win.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This thread makes me dislike the Seahawks, that's a serious accomplishment cause not only did they knock off the stupid Redskins, and they could deny Matt Ryan his first playoff win.
The internet has pretty much done that for me for virtually every team at this point besides the Browns, Bills, and Jaguars. Human beings are obnoxious when talking about their favorite teams, myself included.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We want the ball and we're gonna score?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore has to go to Denver where they're not used to the elevations. Tough place to get used to.

Pittsburgh doesn't complain when Ryan Clark's condition doesn't allow him to play in Denver.

West coast teams have to travel east to play 1pm every week.

It's football. Get a grip.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
We want the ball and we're gonna score?
I'm not Matt Hasselbeck and these aren't your same old Seahawks.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The internet has pretty much done that for me for virtually every team at this point besides the Browns, Bills, and Jaguars. Human beings are obnoxious when talking about their favorite teams, myself included.
I feel like in large part the Pats fans on here remain subtle about our homerism because we realize were hated enough as it is. On a good day our fan base is no better than people complaining that their team has to wake up a bit earlier to play a professional football game.

If we win this week maybe we should start a thread asking why no one is talking about the unfair advantages the Broncos have when teams travel to Mile High and play in high altitude conditions. If we lose I'm 100% blaiming it on that and the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, what did the Chiefs ever do to you!

Also, this thread has really delivered the luls. I'm glad it exists.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
y'all were less fun around 2005-2006.
Oh, I wasn't here then. Bleak days for NFLDC, I'm sure.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it's also not fair when warm weather teams have to travel to cold places during the winter.

[sarcasm]All games should be played in the middle of the country, in a dome, at 3pm so everyone has a level playing field! [/sarcasm]
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote