Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat
Default DC Posters will get a look at good scheme vs bad scheme Saturday night

A vast majority of the paint chip eating dolts on here don't seem to think offensive scheme/QB play plays a role in production.

Saturday night, the GB Packers, who happen to have a brilliantly designed offense with a top 3 QB, will be facing the 49ers, who have one of the worst designed offenses in football with a talented, yet inexperienced and raw young Quarterback.

Pay attention to the formation groupings in this one. You will see the Packers spread it out wide and often, to get favorable matchups with guys like Randall Cobb and James Jones.

You will see the 49ers trot out a bunch of boring, base pistol formations, and see them flounder to come up with a way to move the ball through the air because they're sending fullbacks and halfbacks on patterns rather than wide receivers. You will also see some jumbo formations, that really do nothing to help the running game.

I can see it now; The Packer receivers are so GREAT! They won a lot of matchups against weaker nickel/dime corners and linebackers! Look at the STATZ they put up! They also threw the ball 45 times!

The 49er receivers suck! They didn't produce out of their boring 1 WR offensive sets! They threw the ball 24 times, why couldn't dey match the packer receivers PRODUCTIONZZZZ?????

This may be beating a dead horse, but this is as good a time as any for some of you to learn what I am talking about. Total stats in a vacuum are worthless when grading a player's worth.

For example, the best wide receiver on the field for this game is Michael Crabtree, and it's really not that close, but it's pretty much a guarantee one of their 4 receivers is going to have a better statistical day than him due to QB/design on offense. Vernon Davis is easily the best TE on any of these 2 teams, but it really wouldn't surprise me either to see Jeremichael Finley have a better day.

A Rodg and Mike McCarthy. A lethal combination that's going to take Kaepernick/Roman to school.
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Never mind.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Argh... Another poster who gives Packer fans a bad name.
I'm a 49er fan you twat.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypocrisyIsGreat View Post
I'm a 49er fan you twat.
Yeah I realized that about 30 seconds after I posted when I reread the original post. Hence the edit.

Nice job attacking someone for a minor error. That is how you get your point across.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For example, the best wide receiver on the field for this game is Michael Crabtree, and it's really not that close, but it's pretty much a guarantee one of their 4 receivers is going to have a better statistical day than him due to QB/design on offense. Vernon Davis is easily the best TE on any of these 2 teams, but it really wouldn't surprise me either to see Jeremichael Finley have a better day.
This is where your trolling has gone too far.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a 49er fan you twat.
That definitely doesn't help your case round these here parts.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just another terrible 49er fan around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
This is where your trolling has gone too far.
And why's that? Vernon Davis is a nobody in this crap-tastic offense. Hardly trolling at all and I doubt you'll say much when it turns out to be true.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That definitely doesn't help your case round these here parts.
At this point, I don't really care, because the doofus tried to call me on homerism instead of challenge my points(and then made a laughable error in deciding which team I'm a "homer" for).

You talk football with me, I will talk football. You start acting like a little girl and crying about homerism, or "trolllingzzz", I will return the favor with off topic nonsense.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just another terrible 49er fan around these parts.
There are certainly a lot of terrible 49er fans on here, but I don't happen to be one of them.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
At this point, I don't really care, because the doofus tried to call me on homerism instead of challenge my points(and then made a laughable error in deciding which team I'm a "homer" for).

You talk football with me, I will talk football. You start acting like a little girl and crying about homerism, or "trolllingzzz", I will return the favor with off topic nonsense.
But you are a homer... and you are a troll. I apologize for my mistake but the general point still stands.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're an idiot. A complete idiot.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness, you didn't need to create another account to make yourself look better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
But you are a homer... and you are a troll. I apologize for my mistake but the general point still stands.
You're not really in a position to call me a homer when you couldn't figure out which team I root for. I mean, at first you think I'm Packer homer, and now all of a sudden I'm 49er homer? Explain how that one works, genius.

The only troll in this thread is you, who decided to respond with a non-football point.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it when trolls pretend to be upset by other people trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dammit Brody you're making me spit out my spaghetti!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You're an idiot. A complete idiot.
If that's the case, what does that make the rest of the posters here? Mentally ********?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and Ne don't really get along, but I'd be shocked if this were Ness. Ness loves to use his own profile to make asinine statements ;)

Anyway, to actually respond to this, I think you're underestimating how much more you can do with someone like Rodgers.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ness? Dude is useless.

First I'm a packer homer, now I'm Ness. Hahahahahahaha. Good god you guys are ****** slow.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how great the playcalling looks when you have a good quarterback.

One team has an elite quarterback the other team doesn't. Doesn't take a genius to understand why the plays look so much better when a good quarterback is throwing the ball.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're not really in a position to call me a homer when you couldn't figure out which team I root for. I mean, at first you think I'm Packer homer, and now all of a sudden I'm 49er homer? Explain how that one works, genius.

The only troll in this thread is you, who decided to respond with a non-football point.
I actually realized you were a 49er homer as soon as you started talking about Crabtree. Seeing as I called you a homer and a troll in your last thread attempting to explain how Welker sucks and Crabtree is a god. Again I am sorry I skimmed through the drivel you call "football talk".
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And why's that? Vernon Davis is a nobody in this crap-tastic offense. Hardly trolling at all and I doubt you'll say much when it turns out to be true.
The craptastic 49ers offense actually gained more yards per game than the Packers despite facing slightly better defenses (averaged 15.25 vs. 15.875)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bro, Jordyzzz > Crab.

For real though, I think people underrate how much GB super deep receiving core and consistency of the offensive system & personnel contribute to Rodgers success. Granted Rodgers is an elite player, but I don't see him separated from Brady/Manning/Brees in my book. That OL needs to protect him more though.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The craptastic 49ers offense actually gained more yards per game than the Packers despite facing slightly better defenses (averaged 15.25 vs. 15.875)
You might wanna re-check those numbers, Forrest.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree is basically awful.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
I actually realized you were a 49er homer as soon as you started talking about Crabtree. Seeing as I called you a homer and a troll in your last thread attempting to explain how Welker sucks and Crabtree is a god. Again I am sorry I skimmed through the drivel you call "football talk".
Uh huh. You've already made a fool of yourself in this thread, so really, it doesn't matter. Packer homer. 49er homer. Troll. Crabtree homer. Yaddddddaaaaaa.

If I was a 49er homer, I'd be calling for a win. I expect the Packers to embarrass us.