Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio St.

Fragel is a really under the radar guy right now who has a chance to fly up draft boards if he performs as I think he might at the Senior Bowl and the combine. For a little background on him, at this time last year, he was a starting TE for OSU. He was primarily known for his blocking, but he had TE skills as well. For example this 45 yard reception in the Sugar Bowl:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tUN8k...DtUN 8k5LWdDk

Last spring, he started the transition to OL and added about 20 pounds to get up into the 300 to 310 range, but carried the weight extremely well and easily won the starting RT job at OSU. In his first ever season as an OL, he was named honorable mention All Big Ten and was one of the best OL on the Buckeyes line that opened up huge holes in the running game.

Fragel is one of those guys with huge upside. He has outstanding work ethic, intangibles and plays with a mean streak. He has elite athleticism for an OT. While he is a little bit raw, he also really produced on the field. If he impresses this spring, as I think he might, I would not be at all surprised to see him work his way into the 2nd round and eventually be one of the best OL in this entire draft class.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He caught my eye early in the season - loved his aggressive way of playing. Thought he improved dramatically in terms of technique by the end of the season and could be a much earlier pick than most think. Lane Johnson seems to be rising at the moment, not sure why Fragel isn't as well.

Last edited by duesouth : 02-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fragel has a ways to go, he has the physical tools to be effective in pass protection but still need his technique refined and at least a year in a pro strength & conditioning program.

You look at someone like Jason Peters, who came into the league under similar circumstances, as a best case scenario. I think someone might reach for him in the late third round but I can see him available in the 5th depending how everything slots itself out.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Fragel has a ways to go, he has the physical tools to be effective in pass protection but still need his technique refined and at least a year in a pro strength & conditioning program.

You look at someone like Jason Peters, who came into the league under similar circumstances, as a best case scenario. I think someone might reach for him in the late third round but I can see him available in the 5th depending how everything slots itself out.
Peters was an UDFA and a tight end in college that was viewed as a long term project - he just happened to pan out. I think Fragel is a little more well thought of as a prospect and will go in 3-4th rounds.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, posted on this a little while ago.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54318

Could be a fine player, potential is way up there. And depends on who else comes out but really there might not be a ton of really elite level offensive tackles he has to go up against.

He is not better than these three underclassmen but then it is kind of wide open
Luke Joeckel
D.J. Fluker
Seantrel Henderson

Quote:
Witten4HOF Fragel has a ways to go, he has the physical tools to be effective in pass protection but still need his technique refined and at least a year in a pro strength & conditioning program.

I would not call that similar, Peters played tight end as a junior and came out early did he not? Fragel started on Ohio State all season.

Think that amount of experience is a huge difference, but Peters worked out so good in blocking and had the perfect size for a tackle with his athletic ability combined with that.

Fragel has a ways to go, might have over shot it with the 1st round thought, but has potential easily to be that type of a talent.