Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What is Left of the OT Class?

With the return to school of Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews what does this OT class look like and what rounds are we going to see these guys in?

-Will some guys be pulled into the 1st round?

-Will this class just be 2 guys and question marks?

1. Luke Joekyl Top 10
2. Eric Fisher Top 15
3. Lane Johnson 1st round
4. D.J Fluker 1st/2nd
5. Oday Aboushi 2nd
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Menelik Watson!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Menelik Watson!
Interesting prospect but do you really think at 25 with his rough edges that he gets into the top 5 or the 1st round?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A team in need might take a chance on Dallas Thomas and try him at tackle and if that doesn't work, they'll still get a really good guard.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
With the return to school of Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews what does this OT class look like and what rounds are we going to see these guys in?

1. Luke Joekyl Top 10
2. Eric Fisher Top 15
4. D.J Fluker 1st/2nd
5. Oday Aboushi 2nd
Probably elevates a couple of guys like Kyle Long of Oregon and Justin Pugh of Syracuse provided they have good combines. I think it was already factored in that Matthews would stay in school but still scratching my head on Lewan, i think he's losing a pretty good chunk of money he won't be making up anytime soon.

My guess also is Fluker and Johnson are probably not dissapointed the guys you mentioned are staying.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Does the evaluation of Fluker change?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid Fragel
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Evaluation no. Supply and demand though says others are going to move up the ladder.

I like Fluker, probably a right side guy or even a guard but i like the nastiness he brings to the game.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Fluker has bigger titties than fellow Bama alumn Andre Smith
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I wonder if Fluker has bigger titties than fellow Bama alumn Andre Smith
I wouldn't go that far. Andre Smith has bigger titties than AJ McCarron's mom.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Luke Joekyl Top 10
2. Eric Fisher Top 15
4. D.J Fluker 1st/2nd
5. Oday Aboushi 2nd
The class went from really good to average. That being said, OT is a a high value position, so I do think you are going to see guys like Fluker move up into the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
A team in need might take a chance on Dallas Thomas and try him at tackle and if that doesn't work, they'll still get a really good guard.
From my memory, Dallas Thomas was solid as a tackle for Tennessee. I could definitely see a team trying him out there.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

If the Bears pick Fluker at 20 would that shock people?

I see the 3rd OT really being targeted by the Bears.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't shock me at all (not speaking about the Bears specifically, more so him being a potential top 20 pick). There is still a market for massive, freak athletes with dominant film. He is really one of the most powerful run blockers I can remember in years. I think he'll test/time a lot better than expected (fwiw he apparently ran a 4.9 coming out of HS at 350). He does have 'heavy feet' but from that big base is also where he gets his power from. He's got really impressive flexibility for a guy who's as a big as he is and is pretty much un-bullrushable. Wide angle, pure speed guys will give him some problems but he did a very nice job vs. Mingo and from what I recall had a solid game vs. Moore as well. In theory, he is a RT only but some teams don't distinguish as much between LT and RT as much as fans do.

I think the question you have to ask with Fluker is this: a lot of the time he is dominant in both the run and pass game. It happened in college and it's going to happen in the pros where the pass rusher gets a good get off and he isn't quick enough and gives up a sack/pressure. Fluker is a guy who decisively wins a lot in both the pass game and especially the run game. How many decisive losses are you willing to take if you know a guy decisively win (dominate) a large portion of his other reps?

Last edited by TACKLE : 01-11-2013 at 06:30 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"Who are the Bears first and second OT?" -Jay Cutler
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually don't see the Bears going the draft route at OT. They've been burned by their last 2 first round OTs (Williams, Carimi so far). Not that that should matter, but I think Emery will go hard after a LT in free agency. The Bears OL needs to be fixed in a hurry and I don't think throwing a rookie picked #20 (aka not a blue chipper like Kalil last year) in there at LT will solve all their problems as fast as they want/need. Especially when you are talking about the 20th pick possibly being a player from a mid-major (Fisher), a guy that was a TE and DE just 2 years ago (Johnson), and a guy that looks to be a RT at best (Fluker).
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

You have the choice of the following 4 OTs who are you taking and why?

DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Oday Aboushi
Justin Pugh
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid Fragel
Fragel is no Jason Peters just yet he needs a lot of coaching and at least a year in a strength and conditioning program to be ready to compete at the next level. He is an interesting developmental guy with that raw athleticism and frame to pack muscle on to.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even without Lewan and Mathews this is still a very good crop of OT's.

Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Long, Williams, Thomas, Aboushi, Fragel, Watson, etc.

Could easily throw another half dozen names on that list.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:

DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Oday Aboushi
Justin Pugh
LT- Johnson, Best athlete of the group. Nate Solder type.
RT- Fluker, Big Road grader, could probably even play guard.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Oday Aboushi
Justin Pugh
Oday Aboushi. I think he's the most athletic of the group and has the best chance to be an elite LT in the NFL. The fact his college has produced a few very good OTs helps too.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
foozball
Veteran

foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.

Thoughts on Brian Winters from Kent St?
foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Eric Fisher, and this pretty much ensures the Bears have no chance at him. I'd look at Fluker as a RT/OG.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If KC doesn't do the smart thing and take Joeckel, someone might have themselves a nice piece of trade bait. The gap between he and the remaining crop is fairly sizable.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:

DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Oday Aboushi
Justin Pugh
I like Pugh alot. His impact on the Syracuse offense was pretty amazing this year. He missed the first four games of the year and once he was back in the lineup. Just seems like a real mauler type.

Lane Johnson due to his athletic ability and upside would be my second choice out of these guys.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I like Pugh alot. His impact on the Syracuse offense was pretty amazing this year. He missed the first four games of the year and once he was back in the lineup. Just seems like a real mauler type.

Lane Johnson due to his athletic ability and upside would be my second choice out of these guys.
It'll be interesting to see if a team like the Rams, who need help at tackle, decide to go with some playmakers in the first and come back in the second or third and grab a talented guy like Pugh, i would.