Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides everything else from this physical team, they have a good one, but a cheap shot artist, back at safety in Dashon Goldson.

You guys know the NFL is worried about lawsuits from concussions, etc. and they now penalize any hit by a head to a chest, head, etc.

But they keep letting guys try and rip out ACLs with cheap low shots into runners knees, like what took out Adrian Peterson last year, what Delmas has done to Ovie M, and tried to do to Vick.

Goldson will try and take out an ACL whenever he gets a chance too.
Yet somehow it's the clean guys like Nick Collins & Sterling Sharpe who get the career-ending neck injuries, but these types of ***** punks don't get hurt?

I want to see someone hammer this ***** helmet so hard, he's out like a light bulb and he thinks he's on the planet Mars seeing stars.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Game Day!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm scared!

Playoff football is too much for me.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm scared!

Playoff football is too much for me.
Me too!
I'm nervous as hell..... I believe this game is about a 50-50% game.
I worry that the zebra's will let the 49er DB's grab, hold, molest, accost, assault our WR's and Finley past 5 yards, which last I checked was ILLEGAL.

I wish I knew how to get warnings to the gameday officials..... I would like to tell them if they don't do their jobs and call the Niners for the infractions per the rules regarding the 5-yard "buffer zone", their car's breaks will mysteriously fail on them one day this week..... just do your job zebras! They owe us a game at least.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, the 49ers have the advantage imo. A win for us wouldn't surprise me, but i'm not expecting it or even 50/50.

I'm probably 65/35 for the 49ers.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Peter King has us winning, winning the Super Bowl.
Hank Goldberg has US winning today too, 24-23. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=883...goryid=2378529

The ESPN panel of experts are pretty split.
7 have San Francisco, 5 have us. Their Accuscore also has us, as does SportsNation. http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

THIS GAME CAN GO ANY WAY!
Refs, horrifically, may very well be a factor. I hate that. Calls don't always even out. If they did, we're owed a win.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please stop complaining about the officials

Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
please stop complaining about the officials
glad im not the only one that gets pissed off by it.

its weak and annoying.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nerves wont' set it until the game is about to start.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a joke... Capers had a week to prepare and that was the plan for this game? Everyone watching this game could tell you to keep contain on Kapaernik and what is Capers doing? Blitzing on third and long!!!! THIS after all year of rushing 3! I repeat 3 all ******* year on the down and long. What a joke this team has become... Soft and fat just like their head coach.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Packer fans better luck next year! Keep on drafting.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Aaron Rodgers was good during this game but he was playing like the 2nd best quarterback for most of the night.

Interior of the offensive line has issues at times and the center position likely needs to be address this off-season.

Our defensive line got zero push in this game and Clay Matthews was completely neutralized, nearly a non-factor throughout.

Dom Capers needs to be relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator.

Plain and simple: The 49ers were the better football team out there tonight.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Thanks D-bag!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Capers is bad but I don't particularly like what I see from his D's, especially when he has to face the more elite teams

letting Kaep run for nearly 200 yards was inexcusable. They held up well vs the pass vs him but they got completely gutted by his rushing ability

D still isn't SB quality. They need some more help up front and at LBer. OL needs to improve to. They aren't far off though and are still in great shape going forward, but they need a few tweaks

I'd look to replace Capers but I doubt he's going anywhere, so they'll just need to find some serious ****** studs to fill some things out
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post

yeah you guys to(because every team drafts every year)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I don't think Capers is bad but I don't particularly like what I see from his D's, especially when he has to face the more elite teams

letting Kaep run for nearly 200 yards was inexcusable. They held up well vs the pass vs him but they got completely gutted by his rushing ability

D still isn't SB quality. They need some more help up front and at LBer. OL needs to improve to. They aren't far off though and are still in great shape going forward, but they need a few tweaks

I'd look to replace Capers but I doubt he's going anywhere, so they'll just need to find some serious ****** studs to fill some things out
Look I hated Capers after last year if only for the fact that it took a once in a lifetime season from Rodgers to keep his team at 15-1.

They rebounded this year. Perry went down but I still think they did an ok job. That said, 600 yards and 45 points is to many in a playoff game. Also the Packers looked unprepared for the zone-read which is inexcusable. I know but Raji is up for a contract soon but does anyone else think he's been very underwhelming since 2010?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That's the thing. Beyond the SB year, the other 3 years under Capers have ended the same. D gets destroyed @ Arizona, letting Warner pick them apart. D gets destroyed vs the Giants in 2011 and now this year they just let Kaep gash them on the ground with ease looking like they were a division II college D.

yes, the D needs help, but I'm starting to worry that Capers is just starting to wear out his welcome. He does have a trend of coming into new organizations and turning a D around, only for it to gradually get worse and worse with each year after that
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Raji actually stepped his game up big time from december-the end. They'll bring him back because simply...who do they have to replace him? They have nothing. Pickett is old and I doubt they bring him back once he is a FA, so by default they basically need to keep Raji
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

Quote:
Raji actually stepped his game up big time from december-the end. They'll bring him back because simply...who do they have to replace him? They have nothing. Pickett is old and I doubt they bring him back once he is a FA, so by default they basically need to keep Raji
I don't know, they spend a ton of picks last year on the defense but mainly on the back 7. I'd like to see 2-3 picks this draft on the D-line to make Raji expendable.

Bishop comes back, perry comes back, but the scheme matters, Capers needs to be held accountable for being unprepared tonight.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I fully expect them to draft a NT. Pickett is a FA after next season I believe, and will be 33. I doubt GB brings him back so they'll want his replacement in place

and yeah, I'm souring on Capers and wouldn't mind him getting replaced, but I just don't see it happening. Next step is just getting better players and hoping they can run what he wants better and more effectively. More disciplined play, better tackling...better push from the front 7
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

our defense didnt get worse this season, it got better. we can throw that theory out the window.

we added talent to the defensive side of the ball and they improved, obviously we need to add more talent, but getting rid of capers isn't going to change that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Hawk is due $7.5 mill next season

please cut him
Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
our defense didnt get worse this season, it got better. we can throw that theory out the window.

we added talent to the defensive side of the ball and they improved, obviously we need to add more talent, but getting rid of capers isn't going to change that.
Honestly, they couldn't go anywhere but up after last year(they set records for most passing yards given up etc)

my issue with Capers D is that his D's seem to ALWAYS get demolished by the elite teams/qb's. Even in 2009 in his first season, the D ranking was top tier but they got smoked by the good teams/qb's they played, ending with that Warner game where he demolished them

2010 they were consistently good and won it all. Since then it's back to the usual where they just struggle vs these dynamic offenses and seeming to never have the answers/adjustments necessary

tonight it was really just Kaep's running ability. That was the one thing they had to avoid and force the young QB to throw it more. Instead, they let him run for nearly 200 yards with 2 rushing TD's

he's been slow to adjust and has been getting outschemed the past 2 years now. The talent on D is better than what the put out there tonight IMO. There' sjust now ay you allow Kaep to run like that
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

Quote:
I fully expect them to draft a NT. Pickett is a FA after next season I believe, and will be 33. I doubt GB brings him back so they'll want his replacement in place

and yeah, I'm souring on Capers and wouldn't mind him getting replaced, but I just don't see it happening. Next step is just getting better players and hoping they can run what he wants better and more effectively. More disciplined play, better tackling...better push from the front 7
In my gut I think MM/TT gives Capers another year but IMO Rodgers has a limited window and he's talked about that in recent interviews.

In terms of the offense, Cobb was the only guy running the ball in the 2nd half.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

yep. Harris had 53 yards on 11 carries with a TD in the first half. I think he got 1 carry in the 2nd half. Makes no sense

still wish they'd replace Capers. Coaches need to be held accountable and giving up nearly 600 yards of offense in a playoff game in unacceptable