Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they made Raheem Moore walk home.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are those people who said Kaepernick was going to be a liability because he was young, it was his first playoff start?

I told you guys that would not be the case.

He was more solid than Manning or Rodgers, and his running ability is off the charts.

Plus Dom Capers and the Packers defense seemed to think they were playing against a pocket passer like a Phil Rivers. Pathetic.

The NFC West is the king now.
Go Seahawks. Let's see a rematch of those 2 fine teams with the new style trinket to the offense.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a QB that can run is just too valuable, as Kaepernick's performance last night showed.I think within a few decades the traditional pocket passer may be rare, or even on the verge of extinction. There are more than enough athletic speedsters with great arms to make this happen, it's just a matter of them deciding to be QB's early on, as opposed to RB's, WR's, or CB's. Tell me someone like AJ Green, had he decided to be a QB early on, wouldn't be an NFL QB right now...I get that being a freak athlete is not sufficient for being a great QB, but there are more than enough potential Kaepernick's, Cam's, RGIII's out there for this to happen.
burkorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's easier to find a Kaepernick than a Brady

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team needs are actually a substantial obstacle to it happening, because if you have some dude who's not a freak athlete, but a good pocket passer, you're obviously better served putting the freak athlete at RB or WR, even if he would be a better QB than the guy who is really athletic. But there are definitely enough good athletes out there who could play QB to make it possible in principle. Certainly, the number of dual-threat QB's will continue to increase and it could be well over half the QB's in the league some day.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
Having a QB that can run is just too valuable, as Kaepernick's performance last night showed.I think within a few decades the traditional pocket passer may be rare, or even on the verge of extinction. There are more than enough athletic speedsters with great arms to make this happen, it's just a matter of them deciding to be QB's early on, as opposed to RB's, WR's, or CB's. Tell me someone like AJ Green, had he decided to be a QB early on, wouldn't be an NFL QB right now...I get that being a freak athlete is not sufficient for being a great QB, but there are more than enough potential Kaepernick's, Cam's, RGIII's out there for this to happen.
There's a big difference between getting hit 5 or 6 times a game by DBs as a WR than getting hit 10 or 12 times a game by defensive linemen and LBs. The biggest issue facing running QBs is injury. Unless you have a top notch back up then it is a huge risk to employ running QBs. That's why, IMO, pocket passers will still be more valuable. Now guys who can legitimately be both definitely have a place in the league, but the be all, end all is throwing trumps running in today's NFL

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread was supertown entertaining.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

I woke up feeling like the Broncos won the game, then I realized that I was witness to the most bulls*** play in the history of the game in which a safety gave up the deep half of the field when there was less than a minute left and all that would beat them was a long touchdown pass.

Man, the Ravens really were gifted a win by Rahim Moore. That game was signed, sealed, and delivered for the Broncos. The Ravens are the most undeserving winners of any football game I have ever watched in my entire life.

The Packers, on the other hand, were just physically outmuscled by a superior team.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still an awesome game last night by ck27 . Was a stellar game by the defense too. I ca't for the local news around gb this week..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Still an awesome game last night by ck27 . Was a stellar game by the defense too. I ca't for the local news around gb this week..
I dont think Kaepernick will be nearly as great against a defense better prepared to face the option, which both Seattle and Atlanta will do.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
I woke up feeling like the Broncos won the game, then I realized that I was witness to the most bulls*** play in the history of the game in which a safety gave up the deep half of the field when there was less than a minute left and all that would beat them was a long touchdown pass.

Man, the Ravens really were gifted a win by Rahim Moore. That game was signed, sealed, and delivered for the Broncos. The Ravens are the most undeserving winners of any football game I have ever watched in my entire life.

The Packers, on the other hand, were just physically outmuscled by a superior team.
Ravens definitely got some breaks, the foremost of which was that lack of a pass interference call on the early pick-six, but they played extremely well. Defense was excellent against the run and contained Manning. And their offense is finally showing what it's capable of. They're a legit threat to win it all this year.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The play by Moore was just absolutely horrendous. Every thing you can do wrong he did on that play. Flacco needs a TD. You have to know this. The Broncos played a deep 2 man shell. Moore's main responsibility is to be the deepest man on his side. There is absolutely no excuse for letting Jones get behind him. Secondly, you know Flacco needs a TD. You can do 2 things. Either, admit you are out of position but recover and tackle the guy and force Flacco to force it through a window in the redzone, or knock the ball away. It almost looked as though he was going for the pick and took a disgusting angle. Just a really, really bad play

Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, forget that Peyton didn't play very well yesterday, the Ravens were TOTALLY gifted that game.

You sound like an overly butthurt Denver fan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
Ravens definitely got some breaks, the foremost of which was that lack of a pass interference call on the early pick-six, but they played extremely well. Defense was excellent against the run and contained Manning. And their offense is finally showing what it's capable of. They're a legit threat to win it all this year.
I think both teams got breaks throughout but the Broncos had way more chances to put the game away. The thing that I really don't understand is Manning took one deep shot to Thomas. Cary Williams basically tripped him up and nothing was given. Blantant PI on the play where Thomas had him beat. Yet Manning did not challenge the Ravens deep one more time in the whole game

Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think both teams got breaks throughout but the Broncos had way more chances to put the game away. The thing that I really don't understand is Manning took one deep shot to Thomas. Cary Williams basically tripped him up and nothing was given. Blantant PI on the play where Thomas had him beat. Yet Manning did not challenge the Ravens deep one more time in the whole game
I agree, that was another bad call. As for going deep more often, they were playing 2 deep safeties a lot of the game, but I'm sure there were some opportunities. I remember thinking during the game that Manning was never taking any shot and that it was odd.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Let's just throw out the rest of the game and look at the last 1:00 in regulation.

99% of the time a team wins if they are up by a touchdown, have the opponent pinned near their end-zone, and the opposing QB is basically throwing hail-marys with no timeouts left.

99% of the time, that pass that Rahim Moore is stumbling to try to break up is actually intercepted or broken up by real NFL safeties.

The Broncos won that game, and then in the last few seconds of regulation, the defense, specifically Rahim Moore, gave up the most bulls*** touchdown pass I have ever seen in my entire life of watching football.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Ravens played well enough to win that game, and Denver was apparently more than willing to give it to them. The Broncos had more than enough chances to put that game away and didn't and Baltimore capitalized like any good team would.

And Rahim Moore should never be allowed on a football field again. That was the worst play I've ever seen from a safety.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:
The play by Moore was just absolutely horrendous. Every thing you can do wrong he did on that play. Flacco needs a TD. You have to know this. The Broncos played a deep 2 man shell. Moore's main responsibility is to be the deepest man on his side. There is absolutely no excuse for letting Jones get behind him. Secondly, you know Flacco needs a TD. You can do 2 things. Either, admit you are out of position but recover and tackle the guy and force Flacco to force it through a window in the redzone, or knock the ball away. It almost looked as though he was going for the pick and took a disgusting angle. Just a really, really bad play
It was disgustingly bad lol. Why he turned like he did is a total mystery to me.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Let's be honest here: the Ravens are *not* a good team this year. Their defense is mediocre at best. The offense is sporadic.

They should absolutely not have advanced past the divisional round. The Broncos just gave them a free pass to the AFCCG.

Of course, unless they get more insanely lucky breaks, the Ravens will promptly be smoked by the Patriots (or Texans) in the AFCCG.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As the game went on, it seemed like Manning's arm was getting worse and worse. He doesn't have a ton of "zip" on his throws these days anyways, but in the second half it looked like he could get nothing on his throws. I don't know if that was because of the cold, lingering effects of the neck injury, a combination of both or what, but he looked pretty limited in what he was able to do at times. That could very well factor into why Denver didn't at least try for a field goal at the end of regulation, and why they kept on giving the ball to the completely ineffective Jacob Hester
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's be honest here: the Ravens are *not* a good team this year. Their defense is mediocre at best. The offense is sporadic.

They should absolutely not have advanced past the divisional round. The Broncos just gave them a free pass to the AFCCG.

Of course, unless they get more insanely lucky breaks, the Ravens will promptly be smoked by the Patriots (or Texans) in the AFCCG.
The Ravens offense has the ability to challenge any defense. Flacco will try 4 or 5 shot plays every single game. He connected with 3 yesterday. Any team who gets 3 long TD passes is going to be tough, and bear in mind they haven't really got Ray Rice firing in the playoffs yet. I agree their defense is there for the taking though. However they have this whole emotional thing going that I wouldn't count them out

Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:

Come on man, they got lucky breaks but this is obviously a dangerous team now. If they play like they did yesterday, they'll have a great shot next weekend, even if they play the Patriots. And their defense was very solid yesterday.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Alex Smith is Eli and on the bench and CK is the greatest QB of all time, what does that make David Carr? More importantly, what does that make Shaun Hill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
As the game went on, it seemed like Manning's arm was getting worse and worse. He doesn't have a ton of "zip" on his throws these days anyways, but in the second half it looked like he could get nothing on his throws. I don't know if that was because of the cold, lingering effects of the neck injury, a combination of both or what, but he looked pretty limited in what he was able to do at times. That could very well factor into why Denver didn't at least try for a field goal at the end of regulation, and why they kept on giving the ball to the completely ineffective Jacob Hester
Yeah that out pass to Stokley that was challenged was a duck. I also had to laugh at the announcer gush over the out he threw to Decker just earlier, it was a 5 yard out. If you can't make that throw then you can't play in this league. A lot of people have thought Manning's arm had gotten worse as the season progressed but it was covered up by some of the defenses he played against.