Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I havent got caught too much up in the Kaepernick talk because I hadn't seen enough of him. But after seeing more through watching highlights of practices and the game at the senior bowl, and reading some reports on him Im worried about him as a prospect. QB is the one position where it is more about technique and smarts than anything else. As an athlete he looks the part. Big, tall guy with a very strong arm. But his throwing motion is elongated and I don't like his footwork in the pocket and I think he tries to run too often.Im not ruling him out to be successful in the NFL but any team that drafts him higher than the third and expects him to be the starter early will be disappointed.
Not a good showing from this scouting service... 65% D
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I like Kaepernick as a guy that can maybe develop into a player down the road, but 1st round talk is crazy. They guy might creep into the 3rd.

I don't buy the Tebow comparison also. Tebow also played top competition and was a proven leader. I'm not saying that CK isn't but Tebow was a exemplary player in that regard.
Mmmm. mostly bad, some good though. 70% C-
Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
To be honest, if you break them down physically and how they play the game, there's not much difference between CK and Newton as QBs, and I say that as a compliment to both, ( guys I expect to eventually get it done in a big way at the next level).
Nice statement, 88% B+
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

so what we've learned is that DUnit and AntoinCD are suspect evaluators of QB talent
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKim172 View Post
I think the Tebow comparison is apt, because Tebow had no business going in the first round. McDaniels was an idiot and I've yet to meet a Broncos fan who wouldn't agree.

One thing about Kaepernick - he'll have to make his money as a passer and nothing else. His speed is pure straight-line speed - he's not actually particularly agile and seems a little tight-hipped. Takes some time getting up to full speed and doesn't seem to move easily from sideline to sideline. Not a Mike Vick by any means.
Ummmm, duuuuuhhhhhh! Yes, we all know that having nifty moves is the top of the food chain for QBs. Straighline speed=14 -nifty moves=IR Bad analysis, 55% F
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
Every QB has to mobile in todays game. You're pretty much manipulating every thing anyone says to fit the point you're trying to get across. All those QBs you mentioned aside from Josh Freeman are technically not real mobile QBs. They're not sitting ducks like Peyton but like I said, it's 2011 and every NFL QB has to be able to move.

The point is QBs need to be pocket passers. QBs who weren't/aren't pocket passers, Rex Grossman...dude saw the pocket start to collapse and he'd just throw something up and hope it landed to someone on his team.

I just see CK's learning curve being wayyyyy to steep to become an elite passer in the NFL. As I stated in another thread, he's VY Part 2 and to say VY is a good QB is absurd. Off the field issues and attitude is part of being a successful QB in the NFL. Regarding CK and the Senior Bowl, CK ran every chance he had instead of keeping his eyes downfield for a pass.

I'm done debating the CK thread - We'll let the draft and the NFL experts conclude this debate in April. My prediction is early 3rd round for CK, Locker will get picked in the 2nd because of his "hype" and all the other Senior Bowl QBs will go in rd 3 or higher with Ponder being the 1st one out of everyone aside from CK and JL. McElroy and Dalton shouldn't be drafted honestly.

EEwwww, owwwww, umph. Bad point, after bad point, after worse point, etc. 21% F-
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Considering Scott Wright and a few others have come on here and said that he is "definitely not going to be a QB in the NFL" while others have said that anybody would be crazy to pick him before round 4 and that "he's still not going to be a good QB"... I would say that stating that he'll go between picks 25 and 57 is a pretty good guess...but my best guesses would be between #25-43.
He didn't post here, but I do recall seeing Scott say this... Sorry I had to include you, Scott, 51% F
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
Whoa.. there are some huge Kaepernick slappies here. Guy is a major project. His release is nothing like Philip Rivers. Rivers still gets the ball out in a hurry, while Kaepernick takes some time. He'll have to go through a mechanical change in his throwing motion. I suspect he'll go in the 3rd or later.
Not quite, at least you had him as a draftable prospect (unlike somebody coming up) 68% D+
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do you guys think new threads about the guy will make people like him more?

He's overrated right now. For one, this QB class is terrible and people are trying to find someone...anyone to hype if they even show a glimpse of being good. Secondly, CK is good at showing glimpses... but if you want a good legit QB, then he's not your man. He's not a drop back passer. Doesn't see the field as good as you want him to, is not that accurate, and simply doesn't have a good sense of the QB position.

If you want cocky, mobile, strong armed and tall... he's your man. If you want a back up, he can be groomed. If you want a franchise NFL QB, look away... look faaaaaaar away.
Hmmmm, I don't know what to say. Bad QB class (3 of them led their teams to the playoffs THIS season, one was the rookie of the year, one is inj the NFC Championship game), not good sense at the QB position, ..... big miss there. 14% F-
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
so what we've learned is that DUnit and AntoinCD are suspect evaluators of QB talent
And one guy that i LOVE to clown on absolutely nailed it. BucFan12, "I think this guy will be the best QB of the class"
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Hey, I would. But when I had as many people as I did attacking me for my evaluation with nothing more than idiotic statements, I think it is more than fair that I get a chance to go back and point out some of their short-sighted, ignorant statements.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And one guy that i LOVE to clown on absolutely nailed it. BucFan12, "I think this guy will be the best QB of the class"
You're clearly mistaken as his name isn't Cam Newton.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for handing out some crow, but you don't have to be a complete asshole about it. It just takes away from your victory.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
You're clearly mistaken as his name isn't Cam Newton.
When Cam stops having meltdowns and can win a close game or two, or, at least get a better than .500 record, it could be Cam Newton. But if the 49ers have to play the Falcons, I almost assuredly believe Kaepernick will be in the Super Bowl. If they play Seattle, not so sure. Newton hasn't come close to sniffing the playoffs.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm all for handing out some crow, but you don't have to be a complete asshole about it. It just takes away from your victory.
I would agree, but as a teacher, it is in my nature to give out grades. Point noted, however...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When Cam stops having meltdowns and can win a close game or two, or, at least get a better than .500 record, it could be Cam Newton. But if the 49ers have to play the Falcons, I almost assuredly believe Kaepernick will be in the Super Bowl. If they play Seattle, not so sure. Newton hasn't come close to sniffing the playoffs.
Look at the team and coaching staff around Colin then compare it to the team and coaching staff around Cam.

Alex Smith looked competent ffs.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Look at the team and coaching staff around Colin then compare it to the team and coaching staff around Cam.

Alex Smith looked competent ffs.
Alex Smith once said, "I could put up big numbers like Cam Newton, but I'd rather win games."

Jim Harbaugh said, "I want somebody that will pick up big numbers when they win big games."

Advantage-Harbaugh and Kaepernick
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That was so sweet of you. You come out with your profanity laced link and then dock me -500 points off my rep. That's so nice!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, I would. But when I had as many people as I did attacking me for my evaluation with nothing more than idiotic statements, I think it is more than fair that I get a chance to go back and point out some of their short-sighted, ignorant statements.
You look like a sore-winner who hasn't even won yet. Kap hasn't even started a full season and has made is fair share of mistakes already and it is only his 2nd year in the league. Settle down fella.

I also saw no one "attacking" you. People may have argued your point or disagreed with you but that's allowed, what do you expect on an internet forum? If we had people pulling up old posts and calling people out in every prospect threat it'd be absurd. No need to call people out like an asshole and certainly no need to quote each individual post.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Did this seriously just happen? This is the very definition of post whoring.
Does it really matter? I posted multiple times on a thread that hadn't seen the light of day in nearly two years. So sorry I ruined such a great thread.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You look like a sore-winner who hasn't even won yet. Kap hasn't even started a full season and has made is fair share of mistakes already and it is only his 2nd year in the league. Settle down fella.

I also saw no one "attacking" you. People may have argued your point or disagreed with you but that's allowed, what do you expect on an internet forum? If we had people pulling up old posts and calling people out in every prospect threat it'd be absurd. No need to call people out like an asshole and certainly no need to quote each individual post.
Yes, just as I suppose you posting a link telling me to "calm the #@$! down" and taking 500 points of rep isn't an attack either.

Eat a dick.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That was so sweet of you. You come out with your profanity laced link and then dock me -500 points off my rep. That's so nice!
Please don't try and act like you're so mature and better than everyone. It wasn't "nice" of you to go out and dig up an old thread to call out people who didn't think a prospect would be as good as you did. I'm sure you missed on prospects too, we all do. Quit being a sore-winner. If you really are so mature then start acting like it by not calling people out on a wrong prediction a year later like a child.

EDIT:
Quote:
Yes, just as I suppose you posting a link telling me to "calm the #@$! down" and taking 500 points of rep isn't an attack either.

Eat a dick.
No it's not an attack, it's my way of telling an overzealous child who doesn't know how to take a win in stride to calm down and stop post whoring and "attacking" people who made a wrong prediction a year later.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 01-13-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
This guy will be the best QB out of this class. Mark it down.
Page one. Said this. Eat it cam lovers. Haha
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Page one. Said this. Eat it cam lovers. Haha
Eat it? Why? Kaepernick isn't better than Cam..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote