Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Im not saying the Nevada thing is a big deal, obviously it isn't. It's just one of many factors that help paint the picture of Kaepernicks career. And Im not saying he is going to choke or anything, but just that he isn't mentally developed enough yet to outduel Rodgers.

If the 49ers D and run game looked drastically better than the Pack, Id say hes got a shot, but the Packs D is lookin really tough right now and Dajuan Harris is running hard. They remind me of the Packers 2 years ago with Starks coming out of nowhere and being really effective in the playoffs, and the defense shutting everyone down. Throwing on Woodson, Williams, Shield, Hayward, and Burnett is gonna be hard.
Well throwing on any NFL team, including the Packers, isn't easy. I don't see what your basis is for your conclusion that he isn't mentally developed enough to outduel Aaron Rodgers. What does that even mean? That because he has started half a season, that he can't rise to the occasion and win a shoot out? Even though he has played well? I feel like we already went through this last season when Alex Smith outdueled Drew Brees and the greatest offense known to man. It was his first playoff game as well. People were saying that if the 49ers got behind or the Saints offense got on fire he wouldn't be able to keep up, etc, etc.

Again, he may fold. But to take the tone of "oh well it's obvious that he isn't mentally prepared to go toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs" just seems weird to me given what we've seen this year, which if anything, supports the notion that he can go toe to toe with the best in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well throwing on any NFL team, including the Packers, isn't easy. I don't see what your basis is for your conclusion that he isn't mentally developed enough to outduel Aaron Rodgers. What does that even mean? That because he has started half a season, that he can't rise to the occasion and win a shoot out? Even though he has played well? I feel like we already went through this last season when Alex Smith outdueled Drew Brees and the greatest offense known to man. It was his first playoff game as well. People were saying that if the 49ers got behind or the Saints offense got on fire he wouldn't be able to keep up, etc, etc.

Again, he may fold. But to take the tone of "oh well it's obvious that he isn't mentally prepared to go toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs" just seems weird to me given what we've seen this year, which if anything, supports the notion that he can go toe to toe with the best in the NFL.

Well the Saints D sucked. And Kaepernick struggled against Seattle, who have the best secondary in the league. Well, the Packers have the 2nd best secondary in the league. and i dont see what doesnt make sense about the reasoning that he may have a hard time dueling with the best qb in the game. hes gonna be in a position where he needs to play perfect, and hes not used to that. rodgers has been doin it all year.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well the Saints D sucked. And Kaepernick struggled against Seattle, who have the best secondary in the league. Well, the Packers have the 2nd best secondary in the league. and i dont see what doesnt make sense about the reasoning that he may have a hard time dueling with the best qb in the game. hes gonna be in a position where he needs to play perfect, and hes not used to that. rodgers has been doin it all year.
Oh alright the Saints defense sucked. I kind of have to smile when I hear that. First it was (and I know you specifically didn't say this) that keeping up with Brees just couldn't happen, and now it's "well the Saints defense sucked so that was why". I heard that a lot after the Saints game last year, but none of it before.

Kaepernick also smoked the Bears and their great secondary in his first start. Aaron Rodgers also struggled against Seattle. As a matter of fact, most quarterbacks did. The Packers have the second best secondary in the NFL? Wait, how so? Are we going by statistical categories? San Francisco ranks higher than they do and so do a few other teams.

I never said he couldn't have a hard time against the Packers. I am saying that to believe that it's a sure-fire bet that he isn't mentally prepared (your statement didn't see to leave open any other possibility except struggling) to outduel Aaron Rodgers is premature to me. As if it couldn't happen or something.

I don't want to come off sounding like a homer, but it's just that a statement like that seems a little off-base if we're taking the stance of absolutes, which in this sport is hard live by in a lot of contexts I believe.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-12-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh alright the Saints defense sucked. I kind of have to smile when I hear that. First it was (and I know you specifically didn't say this) that keeping up with Brees just couldn't happen, and now it's "well the Saints defense sucked so that was why". I heard that a lot after the Saints game last year, but none of it before.

Kaepernick also smoked the Bears and their great secondary in his first start. Aaron Rodgers also struggled against Seattle. As a matter of fact, most quarterbacks did. The Packers have the second best secondary in the NFL? Wait, how so? Are we going by statistical categories? San Francisco ranks higher than they do and so do a few other teams.

I never said he couldn't have a hard time against the Packers. I am saying that to believe that it's a sure-fire bet that he isn't mentally prepared (your statement didn't see to leave open any other possibility except struggling) to outduel Aaron Rodgers is premature to me. As if it couldn't happen or something.

I don't want to come off sounding like a homer, but it's just that a statement like that seems a little off-base if we're taking the stance of absolutes, which in this sport is hard live by in a lot of contexts I believe.
U got me all wrong if you think Im talking in absolutes. Were talking about predicting football here, and I love to yap and say what I think will happen, but the reality is anything can happen out there on that gridiron. And I think this is a great matchup, and theres no question the Niners are good enough to win. But when Im trying to predict who I think will win, in a matchup between great teams, both with great defenses? Well, Im gonna look at the QBs, and I see a major difference in maturity level and playoff experience b/w the two, plus Rodgers happens to the reigning MVP and won the SB last year, and plays great on the road and can handle the weather. And I see that being the difference in the game. I dont think the Packers defense is as far behind the Niners D as the Niner O is behind the Packer O, and that is mostly because of who the Packers have behind center. And thats what Im basing my pick on.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

oh and all Im saying is theres no way you can compare the Saints and the Packers defenses. Its a different level of challenge. If the 49ers were playing the Saints Id be saying Kaepernick will throw for 300 and run for 100 and win easily. Against the Pack, Im not so confident. And he needs to put up more points than Rodgers. And dont count on Rodgers throwing picks and giving him a lead to play with. Maybe Dashon Goldson or Pat Willis will force a big fumble.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
U got me all wrong if you think Im talking in absolutes. Were talking about predicting football here, and I love to yap and say what I think will happen, but the reality is anything can happen out there on that gridiron. And I think this is a great matchup, and theres no question the Niners are good enough to win. But when Im trying to predict who I think will win, in a matchup between great teams, both with great defenses? Well, Im gonna look at the QBs, and I see a major difference in maturity level and playoff experience b/w the two, plus Rodgers happens to the reigning MVP and won the SB last year, and plays great on the road and can handle the weather. And I see that being the difference in the game. I dont think the Packers defense is as far behind the Niners D as the Niner O is behind the Packer O, and that is mostly because of who the Packers have behind center. And thats what Im basing my pick on.
Okay fair enough. By the way Aaron Rodgers didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's your weather Nestlé, it's freezing up here in Seattle (literally)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
How's your weather Nestlé, it's freezing up here in Seattle (literally)
I just woke up. It is still fairly cold here. Been worse though. 48 degrees and sunny. Should stay about the same around the start of the game. I wonder how bad the wind will be at that time.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

or maybe kaepernick will have a record breaking performance and ******* shred the packers d lol
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

To be fair he did seem rattled early on. And not just on the pick six. There were a number of rocket balls that just weren't connecting and/or were inaccurate.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ya wrong about sf not being able to defeat the packers. Time to re pick. Ya boy !!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

well it looks live ive been right all along about the greatness of kaepernick i suppose. I was wrong that he would struggle in his first playoff game. He threw the one pick-6 and then played perfect the rest of the game. The real surpise in this game honestly tho was seeing Crabtree just toast tramon williams. I thought that was gonna b a good battle, and I thought Tramon would end up with a pick at some point if they kept throwing at him, but every big third down they were going to the crabtree.