Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermichael Finley

Did they play better than you or did you beat yourselves?

"We beat ourselves for sure. We were the best team out there tonight, we just couldn't put it together."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM has at least 2-3 more good years. I don't think his arm is as awful as everyone is saying it is, and his accuracy is just absurd at times. With an off-season of rest, he'll be back and better than ever next year.
burkorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Jermichael Finley

"We beat ourselves for sure. We were the best team out there tonight, we just couldn't put it together."

the packers responses the last 2 playoff losses make me just unable to like them. Srsly. It's embarrassing at this point. Sorry packer bro fans, I just can't when they keep saying **** like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
PM has at least 2-3 more good years. I don't think his arm is as awful as everyone is saying it is, and his accuracy is just absurd at times. With an off-season of rest, he'll be back and better than ever next year.
His arm isn't awful but it's gotta be a concern. The two throws he made the corner of the endzone to Stokley and Moreno were just things of beauty and the fact he can make passes like that show he can still have success. However at some stage he will need to make tough throws from an arm perspective and if he can't then it will hold him back. I still like this Broncos team going forward, but Manning will never be back to as good as he was 5 or 6 years ago

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
His arm isn't awful but it's gotta be a concern. The two throws he made the corner of the endzone to Stokley and Moreno were just things of beauty and the fact he can make passes like that show he can still have success. However at some stage he will need to make tough throws from an arm perspective and if he can't then it will hold him back. I still like this Broncos team going forward, but Manning will never be back to as good as he was 5 or 6 years ago
and honestly, i think he needs to realize that more himself. He's not the same guy he was pre-injury. Plus he's aging. I think he thought that he could zip that final INT pass in there but his true "zip" isn't there anymore. Whether it's because of age or injury or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and honestly, i think he needs to realize that more himself. He's not the same guy he was pre-injury. Plus he's aging. I think he thought that he could zip that final INT pass in there but his true "zip" isn't there anymore. Whether it's because of age or injury or both.
Yeah that throw was all arm. When Peyton has a set base his mechanics are good enough to give him sonething extra when needed, but when it all comes down to just arm he doesn't have it. The type of throw he attempted is something Stafford attempts a lot, but he has the pure arm to do it. Peyton needs to know he can't make that throw without there being a huge risk factor

Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jermichael Finley

where did he say this?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the last few Alex Smith fans understand now why we opposing fans would rather Kaepernick remain on the bench?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that out pass to Stokley that was challenged was a duck. I also had to laugh at the announcer gush over the out he threw to Decker just earlier, it was a 5 yard out. If you can't make that throw then you can't play in this league. A lot of people have thought Manning's arm had gotten worse as the season progressed but it was covered up by some of the defenses he played against.
It'll be interesting to see how he looks next season. Pretty much every game announcers like to talk about how he "had to relearn how to throw" and that he basically had to completely rebuild the strength in his throwing arm. My question is with another offseason of training and rehab can he get it any stronger, or is it completely capped out now?
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
It'll be interesting to see how he looks next season. Pretty much every game announcers like to talk about how he "had to relearn how to throw" and that he basically had to completely rebuild the strength in his throwing arm. My question is with another offseason of training and rehab can he get it any stronger, or is it completely capped out now?
I think that's the million dollar question and I won't even pretend to know what effect his neck will have on his arm. That being said, seldom do 37 year old QBs see an increase in arm strength. It's likely a combination of the injury and age that is lowering his arm strength

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by VernonLawson89 : 01-13-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: ....
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“That was unbelievable...He did everything. I mean, I had read the press clippings and seen some of the highlights. But to watch what he did … oh my, that was special.” -- Packers GM Ted Thompson, on Colin Kaepernick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-was-special/
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All credit to Kaep and I'm rooting for the 49ers, I just can't get over how he had miles of green to run. The Packers didn't even make it relatively difficult. I've seen a ton of mediocre teams play far better defense against the read-option. They couldn't stop Gore and the runningbacks either, though.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's the million dollar question and I won't even pretend to know what effect his neck will have on his arm. That being said, seldom do 37 year old QBs see an increase in arm strength. It's likely a combination of the injury and age that is lowering his arm strength
We also seldom see 37 year olds recovering from a horrific neck injury, usually guys just retire when they get hurt that bad. Peyton's old, but old people recover to, they just take longer to get there and are more likely to pick up new knocks that slow their rehab. Not being his doctor I can't possibly know, but I think that there's a very good chance we see Peyton's arm in much better shape next year, whether that manifests in having better strength or his arm not getting worn out through the season, again i don't know, but I do think we'll see a better Peyton next year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-13-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jermichael Finley

So what was the Packer's record this year? 12-0-0-5-1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When asked who is to blame for Denver's loss, I saw this comment on Facebook:

"Blame god! He showed up last night! He's still pissed the broncos let Tebow go."

Got to love the Tebow cult.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
When asked who is to blame for Denver's loss, I saw this comment on Facebook:

"Blame god! He showed up last night! He's still pissed the broncos let Tebow go."

Got to love the Tebow cult.
It's party why I'm so pissed the Jets didn't let him save their season and take them to the playoffs. The other part is how hilarious watching him play is regardless of the fanatics.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
All credit to Kaep and I'm rooting for the 49ers, I just can't get over how he had miles of green to run. The Packers didn't even make it relatively difficult. I've seen a ton of mediocre teams play far better defense against the read-option. They couldn't stop Gore and the runningbacks either, though.
The Packers stubbornly continued to play man coverage all day. If any QB breaks the pocket against man coverage he will pick up ground because the defense generally has their back to the QB. They basically went out with the plan to let CK take what he wanted running because they thought it wouldn't be enough against Rodgers and the Pack offense

Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks or Falcons?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'd love to see another 49ers Seahawks game but I really think Atlanta get over the playoff hump today

Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks. I hope Richard Sherman trolls the **** out of the Falcons.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Yeah, I'm thinking Atlanta will have a charge up their ass because of that, so they could very well win. That said, I think the Seahawks are pound for pound a better team right now. I'd take 'em over the 49ers too.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't bring myself to root for the Seahawks, but I'd rather the Niners play at home than in the Georgia Dome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Seahawks *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*,

Even though I still think Sherman's a *****.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think we will see Atlanta play a lot of that 3 DT look they like to play on run downs to try and slow down Beast Mode. But it will open up play action and Russell Wilson with option runs to the outside.

Offensively for Atlanta I can see Ryan targetting Browner. He didn't look great last week and Atlanta like to move their WRs so it won't just be Julio on him, or White on him. Gonzlez is also going to have to play a big game against a combination of Wagner and the Seattle safeties which is a tough match up.

I just think Ryan is going to play out of his skin today and silence the critics. I don't know why really, I just do