Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I would agree, but as a teacher, it is in my nature to give out grades. Point noted, however...
I'm a teacher as well, yet I didn't go around being a douchnozzle "grading" everyone who agreed or disagreed with me when Ray Rice stuck his impressive dong in the collective NFL and impregnated it. Learn how to be right and gloat. You probably haven't been there often before, hopefully you'll learn with time, padawan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ouch, this guy is right on the money. 100% A+
I call it how I see it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eat it? Why? Kaepernick isn't better than Cam..
Love to hear the argument?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
What's your argument? Let's see Kaep actually do something for more than a handful of games. And while Cam suffered his "sophomore slump" he rebounded and was extremely strong at the end of the season. And that's with a much less talented team than the niners if you're gonna pull the whole "JUST WINS GAMESZ" card.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm a teacher as well, yet I didn't go around being a douchnozzle "grading" everyone who agreed or disagreed with me when Ray Rice stuck his impressive dong in the collective NFL and impregnated it. Learn how to be right and gloat. You probably haven't been there often before, hopefully you'll learn with time, padawan.
He's a true believer that freeman will guide the bucs to the playoffs. Tried not to laugh bc josh freeman and playoffs don't belong in te same sentence lol
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What's your argument? Let's see Kaep actually do something for more than a handful of games. And while Cam suffered his "sophomore slump" he rebounded and was extremely strong at the end of the season. And that's with a much less talented team than the niners if you're gonna pull the whole "JUST WINS GAMESZ" card.
Lets see on the big stage. Kaepernick showed poise and just shredded Green Bay.

I've liked Kaepernick coming out. Cam is a pre-Madonna and hangs his head when things go wrong. Kaepernick first drive throws a pick 6. Came back pretty well.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where would Kap be if his HC was Ron Rivera and Cam's HC was Jim Harbaugh? These things matter.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Where would Kap be if his HC was Ron Rivera and Cam's HC was Jim Harbaugh? These things matter.
Idk. Where would any qb be if they had mega tron as ther wr? Btw rob Chidzinski was considered a very good coach.

At qb it's nice to have the physical tools and athelticism. But if you don't have it between the ears, then you'll be inconsistent.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Too many what ifs. As a Tampa can I can correlate. What if we took Aaron Rodgers over Carnell Williams in 05? What if we traded up for Calvin Johnson in 07? What if we took Joe Flacco in 2008?

Sucks doesn't it
Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I havent got caught too much up in the Kaepernick talk because I hadn't seen enough of him. But after seeing more through watching highlights of practices and the game at the senior bowl, and reading some reports on him Im worried about him as a prospect. QB is the one position where it is more about technique and smarts than anything else. As an athlete he looks the part. Big, tall guy with a very strong arm. But his throwing motion is elongated and I don't like his footwork in the pocket and I think he tries to run too often.Im not ruling him out to be successful in the NFL but any team that drafts him higher than the third and expects him to be the starter early will be disappointed.
Quote:
Not a good showing from this scouting service... 65% D
I don't mind eating crow when I'm wrong, and I'm wrong a lot of the time. I'll admit that Kaepernick is better than I thought he was going to be, however based on the 8 or 9 games he has started in his career (awesome sample size by the way) tell me what exactly was so off about my post, even when I stated I hadn't watched him extensively.

He is a big, tall guy with a strong arm. He still has an elongated throwing motion. His footwork isn't great and he does try to run a lot.

I also stated that any team that drafts him high and expects him to be the starter early in his career would be disappointed. He didn't start until a year and a half into his career. In today's NFL that is a lifetime.

I fail to see how any of those points have been disproven.

Now as a runner he has been extremely dangerous, arguably more dangerous than either RG3 or Cam Newton. I also underestimated his ability to consistently make accurate, touch throws.

So I apologise for not stating in the post that CK will be the best QB ever, has the biggest dick in the world, can get women pregnant by winking at them, can get men pregnant by shaking hands with them and single handedly stopped the world from ending by going back in time and telling the Mayans to stop being dicks. Kaepernick has been better than I imagined at this point in his career, but hey, go ahead and give my 65% and everyone else you have **** on in this thread's "grade" to all the NFL teams since they were so dumb to pass on the greatest player ever!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 01-13-2013 at 11:06 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk. Where would any qb be if they had mega tron as ther wr? Btw rob Chidzinski was considered a very good coach.

At qb it's nice to have the physical tools and athelticism. But if you don't have it between the ears, then you'll be inconsistent.
The bolded is the key part, Chud simply didn't perform very well this year. Most Panthers fans are glad he's in Cleveland now.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You don't win the JUCO Championship and the National Title game(coming back from 20 something against Alabama) and not have it between the ears.

It must be nice to have one of the better OL's in the NFL, the best defense and a top 5 HC. Probably allows you to play within yourself knowing you don't have to throw 3TD's to win every game.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tying to argue whether CK or Cam is the better QB is stupid and pointless.

1) Their situations are completely different. All you can do is speculate that either one would be better or worse in different circumstances.

2) The sample size is way to small (for both of them).

3) It doesn't matter who is better now, it matters who is better in the future. And unfortunately no one knows the answer to this.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking it'd be the better performances passing the ball, with less talent to work with, against opposition more focused on stopping him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This made my day.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hold off for one more week. We're not even sure Kapernick can beat Seattle.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Let's hold off for one more week. We're not even sure Kapernick can beat Seattle.
But he'll be playing Atlanta next week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
No!!! We have made our minds up. Kaepernick is the best QB in the league. Who needs more than 8 and a half games to make a decision

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW

That is all you can say.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What brasho did certainly pushed some buttons and I can agree with those whom feel it was unnecessary but it's simple...

If you don't want to be accountable for your words, don't write them down. If you're correct occasionally, good for you, no need to brag. If you were completely wrong, accept it and move on. It's okay.

Accountability doesn't exist anymore, it seems.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What brasho did certainly pushed some buttons and I can agree with those whom feel it was unnecessary but it's simple...

If you don't want to be accountable for your words, don't write them down. If you're correct occasionally, good for you, no need to brag. If you were completely wrong, accept it and move on. It's okay.

Accountability doesn't exist anymore, it seems.
oh. is that why it's taboo now to point out how incredibly wrong abaddon was for saying Alex smith was gonna be the next Eli?

oh. oopsies.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was told growing up to act like you've been there.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kind of an unwritten rule here not to bump old threads on the draft board. We all have been wrong on prospects. There's no point to it other than to embarrass other posters. Even the brightest football minds are often wrong when it comes to the draft.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh. is that why it's taboo now to point out how incredibly wrong abaddon was for saying Alex smith was gonna be the next Eli?

oh. oopsies.
Didn't you say Brian Leonard was going to be good?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote