Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Big picture, does Aaron Rodgers win another Super Bowl? I think we all know now that 1 bad game or even 1 bad side of defensive football can keep you from advancing to another super bowl.

I want to believe that Rodgers feel personal pressure to at least beat Farve in terms of SB trophy's. IMO if he plays like he's played in the regular season he will come close to Brett's numbers if not beat them.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe he'll win one more. Team isn't even far off now

just need more tweaks on D, beef up the OL some more, perhaps get a new DC
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
yep. Harris had 53 yards on 11 carries with a TD in the first half. I think he got 1 carry in the 2nd half. Makes no sense

still wish they'd replace Capers. Coaches need to be held accountable and giving up nearly 600 yards of offense in a playoff game in unacceptable

Bring in Lovie as DC
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not happening. He'll probably get a HC gig somewhere and this team runs a 3-4 D
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys make some good points on Capers.
Someone said we brought in some new guys on defense but mainly the back 7.
You forget that our 1st & 2nd round picks were the front 7, they just happened to get injured for the season as too many of our guys do. Nick Perry & Jerel Worhy are 2 guys who are supposed to get to the QB, and they can't in street clothes and knee/wrist braces.

But on Capers, you're right, aside from the magical carpet ride of 2010, his defense has been lit up historically bad by Kurt Warner, Colin Kaepernick, and they were atrocious in the first half vs Eli Manning, enought that it dug us a hole we couldn't get out of.

I laughed last week when so many people said that playing against the stiff Joe Webb would help our defense against Kaepernick.
Joe Webb is a guy who probably can't start in Canada. And they have crappy WRs.
Kaepernick is so much better of a runner, and 5x a better passer, plus they have rare weapons at TE, plus Crabtree has emerged as a stud. And their OL is somehow the same 5 that have started all year.

Capers and the defense seemed to have prepared all week for a pocket passer like Philip Rivers.

Why would you blitz the guy and let him out of the pocket with wide open spaces to run? You want him to throw the ball. He's only an okay passer. He's a great runner.

Of course, if Matthews doesn't hurry the guy's throws though, nobody will.

It seems to me the game has passed Capers by.

Can we trade Capers for whoever runs the Rams defense? They contained the Niners not once but twice this year. But they have some guys on the DL who can apply pressure.
I guess Raji & Neal aren't capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
please stop complaining about the officials
As long as you were fine with the refs picking up the flag on the facemask on them grabbing Dujuan Harris, saying it was "incidental", then you got this one. If you complained about it at that time, than you can't say anything to me about refs making bad calls.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
As long as you were fine with the refs picking up the flag on the facemask on them grabbing Dujuan Harris, saying it was "incidental", then you got this one. If you complained about it at that time, than you can't say anything to me about refs making bad calls.
Shut up please.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did the refs miss that call? Absolutely but the next play (on 3rd & 5) Rodgers hit Jones deep and we scored on the drive so the missed call was insignificant. Did the refs contribute to the Packers' loss? Zero chance.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys make some good points on Capers.
Someone said we brought in some new guys on defense but mainly the back 7.
You forget that our 1st & 2nd round picks were the front 7, they just happened to get injured for the season as too many of our guys do. Nick Perry & Jerel Worhy are 2 guys who are supposed to get to the QB, and they can't in street clothes and knee/wrist braces.

But on Capers, you're right, aside from the magical carpet ride of 2010, his defense has been lit up historically bad by Kurt Warner, Colin Kaepernick, and they were atrocious in the first half vs Eli Manning, enought that it dug us a hole we couldn't get out of.

I laughed last week when so many people said that playing against the stiff Joe Webb would help our defense against Kaepernick.
Joe Webb is a guy who probably can't start in Canada. And they have crappy WRs.
Kaepernick is so much better of a runner, and 5x a better passer, plus they have rare weapons at TE, plus Crabtree has emerged as a stud. And their OL is somehow the same 5 that have started all year.

Capers and the defense seemed to have prepared all week for a pocket passer like Philip Rivers.

Why would you blitz the guy and let him out of the pocket with wide open spaces to run? You want him to throw the ball. He's only an okay passer. He's a great runner.

Of course, if Matthews doesn't hurry the guy's throws though, nobody will.

It seems to me the game has passed Capers by.

Can we trade Capers for whoever runs the Rams defense? They contained the Niners not once but twice this year. But they have some guys on the DL who can apply pressure.
I guess Raji & Neal aren't capable.

I kept yelling this all night? Why were we rushing this QB and giving him free rushing lanes to escape by? A four man rush to with the idea of containing him was the way to go as well as using a spy. I didn't see any of that happening. If Capers isn't gone after this crap of a display... I'm going to have a hard time being excited about next year, because obviously we know what is coming!
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Capers goes, what about Rob Ryan as a replacement? I don't care for the Ryan's, but he's a good coordinator, runs a 3-4, and would bring the type of intensity that Capers seems to lack.

I don't think Capers is going anywhere, but it wouldn't break my heart if they did make a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Hawk is due $7.5 mill next season

please cut him
I'm not even sure what he does. Apparently he had 120 tackles and 3 sacks this season. That has to be the quietest, most invisible 120 tackle season I can remember any player ever having.

Last edited by WCH : 01-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could get a guy like Ryan, I would support it, cause it would probably be a step forward.

I don't wanna see us fire him and then hire some run-of-the-mill/average DC, because that isn't going to change anything. Capers is still a good coordinator.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we could get a guy like Ryan, I would support it, cause it would probably be a step forward.

I don't wanna see us fire him and then hire some run-of-the-mill/average DC, because that isn't going to change anything. Capers is still a good coordinator.
I'm not a big fan of Ryan... I would rather keep Capers if Ryan was our only choice.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defensive system we run isn't broke, it's more of the play calling that's the issue so if Capers is let go I think the team would promote from inside the coaching staff...Darren Perry and Kevin Greene being the favorites in my opinion

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
If Capers goes, what about Rob Ryan as a replacement? I don't care for the Ryan's, but he's a good coordinator, runs a 3-4, and would bring the type of intensity that Capers seems to lack.
I live in Dallas and some were happy they fired Ryan, but many thought he was just a scapegoat and that Jason Garrett should have been fired.

I agree with you about the intensity.
Our defense has never been accused of being physical. Those DBs, all of them except McMillian, are thin and wirey. No big hitters back there.... Kapernick never took a big hit running thru, Crabtee didn't worry about anything, Davis, etc.
If Ryan would give us some atittude and intensity, tweak the system a bit, I'd be all for it.
Capers seems to be asleep half the time. I don't know how dreaming during games is a good thing.
Quote:
Did the refs miss that call? Absolutely but the next play (on 3rd & 5) Rodgers hit Jones deep and we scored on the drive so the missed call was insignificant. Did the refs contribute to the Packers' loss? Zero chance.
Of course it didn't have anything to do with us losing. That was all the defense, Jeremy Ross, and Rodgers IMO.

But that call by the head ref, IMO, is a suspendable "mistake".
Rarely are facemasks intentional. Most are accidental.

So for this guy to overrule a flag thrown by a ref who had the proper angle to see what we all saw, what really happened, by calling it "inadvertant" like an inadvertant whistle? No, sorry I'm not buying that. Again, our team sucked and deserve to lose 100% and it had nothing to do with the outcome.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The defensive system we run isn't broke, it's more of the play calling that's the issue so if Capers is let go I think the team would promote from inside the coaching staff...Darren Perry and Kevin Greene being the favorites in my opinion
2009 Playoffs, this system allowed Kurt Warner to have his best game ever, throw for 379 yards, going 29 of 33 for 379 yards with no interceptions.
The five TDs matched the 38-year-old's career best.

Incredibly, Warner had more touchdown passes (5) than incompletions (4).
They only even got to third down 5 times in the whole game.
They even allowed AZ to rush for 156 yards, and they averaged 9.3 yards per play.
All while Warner had all day to pass.

The next week, Warner was battered and beaten, blown out by Greg Williams version of the 3-4 defense.

Of course last year, this system allowed an all-time NFL record of passing yards, giving almost every QB their best game of the year.
They even made Philip Rivers look great, who othereise has been in a 2-year slump.
Of course, this system gets shredded by Eli Manning too... and someone doesn't know how to teach tackling apparently as we all know from yelling at the TV so many times.

And then last night, in a game some folks thought we'd feast on a young QB and others thought we'd greatly benefit from facing the running Joe Webb last night.

Nope. It looked like they weren't prepared at all. Nobody in the history of the NFL had a QB run for that many yards.

Again, it's not like the 49ers offense did anything we hadn't seen before.
And other teams, the Rams come to mind, did fine against this same defense.

Something is seriously wrong on the defensive side of the ball. Seriously. What a waste of a great chunk of Aaron Rodgers at the pinnacle.

Now if Capers isn't responsible, who is?

This is becoming like the Air Coryell Chargers, the Lynn Dickey Packers, or the Dan Marino Dolphins... thank God we got the one Super Bowl when we didn't have to face a prolific passer like a Brady, Brees, Warner, or even Manning that playoff run that ended here in Dallas.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Now if Capers isn't responsible, who is?
The football players?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The football players?
Doing this context to what happened on most 49ers boards gets me ripped as a Kaepernick hater but Charles Woodson was dog doo.

He jumped in front of Gore and allowed the easy flip to Gore for 45 yards.

He looked to be responsible not seeing Crabtree come from outside of the trips formation into the middle of the zone and then stroll into the endzone.

2 huge 3rd down plays. Those gave the 49ers easy points.

On the long 56 yard Kaepernick run that gave the fat lady good reason to hum he was not heads up at all. He crashed in way too hard and it was a bee line to the endzone.

Indirectly 1 TD and Directly 2 TDs.

Just simple stuff, not doing what if Clay catches that tip and runs it for 6, and that game becomes a coin flip.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The football players?
So are they not being coached well, or are you saying a lot of the players need to be replaced, poor personnel decisions?

Is it Ted Thompson's fault that he had his best 2 ILBers injured and his top 2 picks from this year's draft also injured, OLB and DL?

Or do you want the other starters like Raji, Neal, Tramon, Shields, Woodson, Burnett, Hawk replaced?
By who? Draft picks, who get hurt? Free agents?

Let's hear your gameplan.

I like the personnel Thompson has put on defense for the most part, aside from too many injuries, and maybe too weak of DB's.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Raji and Woodson expressed frustration with the coaching's lack of adjustments. Says a lot right there

again, the D isn't elite level yet, but they were not that BAD to allow the crap they did out there last night. The Niners ran for over 300 yards on them, which is something youd only see in College ball

Dom was ill-prepared and didn't even make the adjustments throughout the game. At some point, you gotta point the finger at the coach. I agree that if he is fired, they'll promote from within, and I like Darren Perry to be that guy, because he'll eventually get a DC job somewhere. Maybe CB coach Joe Whitt would be another candidate

I just think it's time for Dom to go. He doesn't seem to be makin any changes all the while offenses are becoming more dynamic throughout the league. He's never been with a team for more than 4 years, and this was his 4th year in GB. It's not a good trend that their D keeps getting demolished in the postseason. 2009, 2011, 2012. 3 of his 4 years the D didn't just lay HUGE eggs in the postseason, but did so in spectacular fashion(record breaking type things they are giving up)

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-13-2013 at 03:31 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Lol, i'm sure Capers is pretty frustrated with Raji and Woodson. They were both poor yesterday.

I'm not saying Capers deserves non of the blame, that isn't true, but way to much blame gets put on coordinators and not enough on the actual players on the field.

And the Giants game was nothing to do with Capers so we can let that one go.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The football players?
I don't think it's black and white. Sure the players are better then what the Packers had in 2011 but coaching and molding that talent is vital in the NFL.

There were tons of injuries to Perry, Bishop, Woodson most of the season, Matthews some of the season, and Capers seemed to be getting the most out of his guys during the regular season.

That said there really isn't an excuse to come unprepared in the playoffs. I didn't expect them Packers to shut them out but almost 200 yards rushing by a qb and 45 points speaks to the defense not doing enough preparation during the week.

Aaron may never play like he did in the 2010 playoffs, that was a run of Quarterbacking that was amazing. I don't think he played an A+ game yesterday but he played well enough to have the Packers win if the defense could have made stops on 3rd down.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the coaching staff wasn't really changed up on the defense side of the ball last off-season despite giving up the most yards in NFL history. I think now is the time for a fresh face/voice.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The players didn't play well, I just didn't like the gameplan at all for that game, and when it was becoming clear that things weren't working, you didn't see any adjustment in the 2nd half. I just think it's time for a new voice because we are seeing this D come up short in big games too often
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like other coaches pull out all the stops for playoff games, and Dom just treats it as another game. The defense wasn't that bad this season, but they were historically terrible yesterday. And they were terrible against the Giants a year ago, and the Cardinals three years ago.

He's a quality coordinator, but he might not be a playoff coordinator.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind dumping Capers but no way do I want to switch from the 3-4....

This game all turned on the Ross fumble... We were up 14-7 and just got the ball back but no, he has to fumble which results in a 49er TD to make it 14-14. Guess thats why we should have kept Cobb back there :'(... and although we were only down 3 at half I think it could have been slightly different had this not happened. Although the way we were playing D maybe it wouldnt have mattered.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I wouldnt mind dumping Capers but no way do I want to switch from the 3-4....

This game all turned on the Ross fumble... We were up 14-7 and just got the ball back but no, he has to fumble which results in a 49er TD to make it 14-14. Guess thats why we should have kept Cobb back there :'(... and although we were only down 3 at half I think it could have been slightly different had this not happened. Although the way we were playing D maybe it wouldnt have mattered.
I've seen some people on other boards who want to go back to the 4-3, but I'm with you. Going back to a 4-3 would pretty much call for a complete rebuild of the front-7. We could cobble together a functional unit, but it wouldn't look like much. What do we do with Clay? Make him a SLB? A KGB-style DE?

DE: Perry
UT: Neal
NT: Raji
DE: ????

SLB: ???
MLB: Bishop
WLB: Hawk??? (Please no)

When you have a playmaker like Clay, you play to his strengths. If you have to try to figure out how to use him, then you're doing it wrong.

Last edited by WCH : 01-13-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah that was another problem. Still don't get what MM was doing with Ross on punt returns

He said during Week 17 that Cobb would stay on returns because ST are important and now isn't the time for change. In the WC round he kept Cobb on punt returns(more faith in his hands most likely) and had Ross on KR(more time to recover in case of a screw-up) and then the very next week he puts Ross on PR for some reason

That turnover definitely shifted momentum, but make no mistake, they lost this game because the D was not readily prepared for the Niners offense and had zero, ZERO answer for Kaep's running ability.