Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Didn't you say Brian Leonard was going to be good?
You can't call out Scotty for saying any Rutgers players are going to be good.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh. is that why it's taboo now to point out how incredibly wrong abaddon was for saying Alex smith was gonna be the next Eli?

oh. oopsies.
I also don't recall saying that
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Didn't you say Brian Leonard was going to be good?
And Ray Rice was a slow midget. It happens. It's know I hype all Rutgers players but you'll know the ones I'm actually serious about (ala McCourty's, Britt, Greene and not the Alex Silvestro's etc).

Leonard I missed on but I give myself a break there because he was the savior of the program, hype was deserved.

But if I went around and ragged on everyone who was saying Kenny Britt sucked or the McCourty's...or that Raymell Rice thread from years back, that'd be douchey.

Plus, forenci pulls the Brian Leonard card enough, so that's not really applicable. Stop defending your foolish niners compadres. Do what we did with #10 and leave him to rot and fend for himself when he embarrassed the rest of us
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
It's kind of an unwritten rule here not to bump old threads on the draft board. We all have been wrong on prospects. There's no point to it other than to embarrass other posters. Even the brightest football minds are often wrong when it comes to the draft.
Says who? It's annoying when it happens all the time but I actually enjoy the old threads getting bumped to see what I thought about a prospect and what other people did two. I could care less about the pissing match that goes on in between all of that about who was right and who was wrong. Everyone here should be smart enough to know even if you were absolutely right about one thing you were completely wrong about another, not a big deal at all and it happens all the time.

I enjoy reading back through these threads from before the draft, but somebody always gets their feelings hurt when it gets bumped and they were wrong. Who gives a ****. If you got every single draft prediction right you wouldn't be doing it from your computer at the house. It's fun to reflect back on some of these threads after you have some real games to validate some points. If people get too butt hurt about being wrong then just read the boards and don't post, or just do like njx does and don't have an opinion just critique other people for reading comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx. get the **** out.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx, do you even opine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I love some on this board. A player has one good game and some think he's the next Peyton Manning. Lol
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
This is why I love some on this board. A player has one good game and some think he's the next Peyton Manning. Lol
you guys seem to do well against the mobile QBs in the division. Seems it helps to have good ends that can get up the field.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is HOF worthy imo.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not that bad to go back and bump an old thread to read some old opinions and see how they turned out. Some playful jabbing is okay and some people will eat crow. Its a dick move however to go back and critique every post and gloat how great you are. Congrats, Kaepernick had a good game and ran all over a confused subpar defense. Calm down.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh. is that why it's taboo now to point out how incredibly wrong abaddon was for saying Alex smith was gonna be the next Eli?

oh. oopsies.
Why oopsies? Why taboo? If a person isn't comfortable enough in their own skin to accept criticism when wrong, they shouldn't be as willing to put their words on record.

But this also isn't about hyperbole or about misrepresentation. It's about utilizing direct quotes to provide substance.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Why oopsies? Why taboo? If a person isn't comfortable enough in their own skin to accept criticism when wrong, they shouldn't be as willing to put their words on record.

But this also isn't about hyperbole or about misrepresentation. It's about utilizing direct quotes to provide substance.
Its juvenile and doesn't endear anyone to his immature plight of "being called out". I had posters call me clueless when I said CK was just as good, if not better than Cam. I remember one poster said CK would fail because of the "lack of arch" on his throws and I just laughed at his post. Am I here, grave-digging old threads though? No. You take solace in the fact that you knew you were right and keep it moving. You don't wait for one great game, then get all clairvoyant and think now is the time show the world I'm a savant. Who goes all emo over a discussion about prospects on a draft forum?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-13-2013 at 08:57 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused of why at this point people are ready to put CK over Cam. Don't get me wrong I like CK but winning a playoff game doesn't make one QB better than another nor does having a winning season or at least not on its own. Specially since he's only started 9 games. Have we already forgotten what Cam was doing through 9 games?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think CK is better than Cam, but I do believe they are very similar talents. Game-changing type players.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'm confused of why at this point people are ready to put CK over Cam. Don't get me wrong I like CK but winning a playoff game doesn't make one QB better than another nor does having a winning season or at least not on its own. Specially since he's only started 9 games. Have we already forgotten what Cam was doing through 9 games?
Ugh, but that was so 3 weeks ago.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaep just tore up GB, but I'd still probably take Cam over him currently. I know he isn't the new thing anymore but Cam is still pretty damn good.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens if Ck27 (kaepernick ) wins the super bowl? Will you take him over Cam?I believe in longer future Colin is better.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I would agree, but as a teacher, it is in my nature to give out grades.
Nature? I, uh, don't think that's how that works.

Besides, that'd be like getting stabbed, and the guy going, "It's ok. I'm a surgeon. It's in my nature to cut people open."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Lets see on the big stage. Kaepernick showed poise and just shredded Green Bay.

I've liked Kaepernick coming out. Cam is a pre-Madonna and hangs his head when things go wrong. Kaepernick first drive throws a pick 6. Came back pretty well.

What I wanna know is... Who has better pocket presents?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Kaep just tore up GB, but I'd still probably take Cam over him currently. I know he isn't the new thing anymore but Cam is still pretty damn good.
I always thought CK was the better QB. Even before the Niners selected him. I didn't think enough ppl really grasped what he did in college, even if it was against WAC competition. And I still feel he's better but Cam really opened my eyes alot his rookie year. I have no problem with ppl siding with Cam because he does have less talent around him to work with. Its not a open and shut case, either way. And both are still a work in progress.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-13-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
I know it was early last season, and last season is last years bird ****, but Cam Newton looked like the second coming of Johnny Unitas against GB.

Lets just pump the brakes a bit when we're talking about these young QBs.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Instead of pointing fingers or gloating let's examine why Kaepernick may have been underrated coming out of college. Of course we have to cite the obligatory "It's Only One Game" factor...

Personally, I was concerned about the adjustment from the Pistol Offense to a pro style system. I don't think anyone could deny the incredible physical tools, but the reason I had Kaepernick graded as a third rounder is because I felt he was a project. Also, to take a quarterback as early as Kaepernick went there is usually pressure to play them even if they aren't ready. Kaepernick obviously went into a good situation with a strong team and outstanding quarterback coach and it sure seems to be working out, but what if he had been selected by the Oakland Raiders?

I have a question for everyone: Do you think if Kaepernick was in the 2013 NFL Draft he would be a more highly-regarded pro prospect because there are more mobile quarterbacks having success in the league now than there were a couple of years ago? I absolutely do.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
What happens if Ck27 (kaepernick ) wins the super bowl? Will you take him over Cam?I believe in longer future Colin is better.
Super Bowls aren't an individual statistic. It is a team statistic. I've never prescribed to the notion that being a super bowl winning qb instantly makes you a better QB. Are they both very good QBs yes. But with all things equal I'm still taking Cam. Also even if Kaepernick ends up being a better QB than Cam it doesn't mean that he was the better prospect which was what was being discussed at the time and was proven by the fact it took this long for him to supplant Alex Smith as the starting QB. Harbaugh and staff deserve a ton of credit for the development and scheme of these QBs that also really helped in their success.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are superlative talents. You aren't getting the cheap end if your team is forced to take one player over the other.
To answer Scott's question, if Kaepernick was in the 2012 draft after his senior season at Nevada, he'd probably be a Brown/Redskin.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Instead of pointing fingers or gloating let's examine why Kaepernick may have been underrated coming out of college. Of course we have to cite the obligatory "It's Only One Game" factor...

Personally, I was concerned about the adjustment from the Pistol Offense to a pro style system. I don't think anyone could deny the incredible physical tools, but the reason I had Kaepernick graded as a third rounder is because I felt he was a project. Also, to take a quarterback as early as Kaepernick went there is usually pressure to play them even if they aren't ready. Kaepernick obviously went into a good situation with a strong team and outstanding quarterback coach and it sure seems to be working out, but what if he had been selected by the Oakland Raiders?

I have a question for everyone: Do you think if Kaepernick was in the 2013 NFL Draft he would be a more highly-regarded pro prospect because there are more mobile quarterbacks having success in the league now than there were a couple of years ago? I absolutely do.
Well I for one thought CK was a better natural thrower. Alot of ppl got caught up with his delivery but I thought he was much further along as a pocket passer than Cam. I also thought CK placed balls into tighter windows than Cam did. I didn't recall seeing many NFL-like throws from Cam out of that Auburn spread. I saw CK place some absolute lasers with poise and accuracy into spots where only his WRs(who got little separation) could. Didn't think either was ready to start from Day 1, so I was obviously wrong in that regard. I knew both were raw and needed to be coached up. I thought CK being thrown into the frey early would have been terrible for him. Same for Cam. They both had the physical tools but needed to develop and enhanced some basic fundamentals of playing the position at the pro level. Drops and footwork, taking snaps from center, release points, things of that nature. And especially in a lockout-shorten off-season, I felt that was too much to ask out of either of them so early into their development.