Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 AM    (permalink
RLundgaard
Rookie

RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.

I liked this year's draft. For the first time in many years we were aggressive and traded up. We addressed to major need. Chandler Jones aka pass rush and LB aka Hightower. These 2 players has made an in packed from day one and improved our defense a lot.

I would like to see us addressing more talent at defense next April, because I think we got plenty of playmakers on offence. Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Riley, Lloyd (Maybe Welker) + solid and young O-Line.
RLundgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharrif Floyd and Jordan Reid both will likely declare.

Both should be high priority targets for NE.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Sharrif Floyd and Jordan Reed both will likely declare.

Both should be high priority targets for NE.
Three TEs huh? That would be interesting.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Three TEs huh? That would be interesting.
He's a guy that could play split out wide or tight on the line. Move him back in the backfield or in the slot. He's crazy athletic, like Hernandez. He could be a WR without actually drafting a WR.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think we're pretty much in agreement Antoin. :) My priority list right now would be:

1. Interior OL
2. LDE
3. WR
4. Safety
5. Offensive tackle

Obviosuly it looks like we in the bottom of the first come april, so players that I like who look like they're going in that range would be:
Bjoern Werner (a slight reach)
Marquess Wilson
Robert Woods (maybe)

Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones are my early personal favorites, but I think they'll be long gone when we're making our first pick unfortunately. :(
How would everyone rate the team needs now?
The above is still mostly accurate IMO with the exception of CB, either being added to or supplanting safety. I'm not sure though what position would be the priority targets for Rd 1 and 2. Seems we draft DBs every year to no avail, but given our needs I think I'd prefer to go FA for WR (and/or resign Welker/Edelman) to take that position off the draft boards - and once again draft a DB early (this even if signing Talib, which I think should be a priority.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Anyone else want Jelani Jenkins in NE to play coverage backer? His stock is going to be really low because of injuries and whatnot. I personally think he can cover really well and he could be used on special teams as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
How would everyone rate the team needs now?
The above is still mostly accurate IMO with the exception of CB, either being added to or supplanting safety. I'm not sure though what position would be the priority targets for Rd 1 and 2. Seems we draft DBs every year to no avail, but given our needs I think I'd prefer to go FA for WR (and/or resign Welker/Edelman) to take that position off the draft boards - and once again draft a DB early (this even if signing Talib, which I think should be a priority.)
Interior DL seems pretty strong with Deaderick and Love playing the second NT role next to Wilfork. That said, John Jenkins or Jesse Williams would be amazing fits.

They always take a DB or two, but I don't see it as a need this year. I've really liked how this group has developed. Keeping Talib will be key for the Pats. He really completes that unit. That said, there are some really talented DBs at the top of the draft.

More competition at DE would be nice. Looks like a deep class for it, too. A guy I'd like to see them draft as someone who could play Nink's role and just be a really valuable and versatile player is Kiko Alonso. He's really stood out in every game I've watched him in. He's a boss.

WR is always a topic of conversation, especially with the injuries they went through this past season.

I just really like the team they have, and don't see many holes - providing the young players keep getting incrementally better as they've shown they are capable of doing. The Pats will literally be in a position to draft the very best player available. I also think this is a good draft for them to take another stab at QB. Lots of unrefined talent...perfect for a team like the Pats who aren't relying on any QB they draft to amount to anything.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our needs is
DT - need an upgrade to Deadrick who can stuff and pressure
WR - Obvious that Branch is done, Edleman needs to prove a 16 game season though he seem to develop into a much bigger role than anyone expeted. That leaves just Brandon Lloyd with Welker a FA.
DB - Won't know until FA, I expect Chung to depart and Talib is essential I would franchise him over Welker imo. Can't count on Dowling so anything from him is extra, so we could go S, CB or both.
LB - Coverage LB, someone with speed to replace White and play mostly in nickel situations. Not sure what happens with Spikes with FA
OL - Depends on what happens to Volmer in FA, if leaves OT would be a need, a C/OG combo player is needed as Connoly's concussion problems worry me longterm with his availability.

WR - I think is deep
1st round
-Cordarrelle Patterson - won't have a chiance to get him unless we trade up
-Keenan Allen - Have a shot to get him, good downfield receiver
-DeAndre Hopkins - Will have a shot to get him great after the catch, really like him, a little raw
-Justin Hunter - Has the look and make-up to be a top 10 pick but struggles with drops
-Tavon Austin - Percy Harvin light
2nd-3rd round
-Robert Woods - reminds me of a Jabar Gaffney but smaller
-Terrance Williams - Tall vertical threat
-Da'Rick Rogers - red flagged, could be a top 15 pick if head was on right
-Quinton Patton - great hands, good routes
-Denard Robinson - Former Michigan QB
-Stedman Bailey
-Aaron Dobson
-Markus Wheaton
-Marquess Wilson - Another very talented WR kicked off team
4th, 5th round
-Kenny Stills
-Aaron Mellette
-Ryan Swope - Eric Decker Light
-Cobi Hamilton - My Sleeper
-Joyce Boyce
-Theo Riddick - Tavon Austin Light
-Chris Harper
-Marcus Davis - Looks like a TO type, struggled with drops, sleeper
-Rodney Smith - Sleeper pick, if played on vertical offense could be a 2nd rounder
-Duron Carter - Chris Carters son has his fathers attitude

OL - guys who play mulitple positions
-Barrett Jones - Can play all 5 positions
-Dallas Thomas - played OT, better suited at OG
-Oday Aboushi - Can play RT or OG
-Xavier Nixon - Can play both OT and OG
-Brian Winters - OT/OG
-Manase Foketi - Sleeper
-Graham Pocic - OG/C
-ames Ferentz - The Ferentz name/Iowa OL

DT - need more pressure up the middle im base defense
-Star Lotulelei - wont get him
-Sheldon Richardson - Won't last
-Jonathan Hankins - Could fall, new Ohio St connection
-John Jenkins - Can Penetrate, but bad stanima
-Jessee Williams - Doesn't offer much penetration
-Sharrif Floyd - Played DE last year, played DT this year verstaile, a fav of mine
-Sylvester Williams - Can take over games when his head is in the game
-Bennie Logan - Another versatile 3-tech pass rusher
-Kawaan Short - loads of tackle for losses, great value for deep DT class

LB - need a nickel LB
-Kaseem Green - former S makes plays sideline to sideline, can cover TE's and RB's
-Kevin Minter/Arthur Brown - smaller faster MLB's better in coverage
-Jelani Jenkins - Might be best cover LB in draf6t and could be had for a 3rd or 4th because he doesn't take on blockers and had injury plagued year.
-DeVonte Holloman/Kenny Tate - Former safities now LB's who can play ST and have better coverage abilites than LB currently on the team.

CB - No real standouts other than Milliner who we won't have a chance to get
-Xavier Rhodes/Jonathan Banks - Bigger physical press corners have to answer their speed questions.
-Jordan Poyer/Logan Ryan/Jamar Taylor/Will Davis - Good sized/speed cover corners all available in round 2
-David Amerson/Sanders Commings - big phyiscal CB's who struggle flipping hips, could be safties
-Tharold Simon - very long, good coverage, afraid of contact
-Blidi Wreh-Wilson/Desmond Trufant/Robert Alford/Micah Hyde - Good sized/speed cover corners all available in round 3 & 4
-Tyrann Mathieu/Nickell Robey/Terry Hawthorne - smaller, aggresive cover corners available in round 3 & 4

S - Would love to upgrade Gregory, not sure Wilson is starter or sub package, deeper than most years
1st round
-Kenny Vaccaro - top S, can cover and play run
-Matt Elam - Aggressive not sure if he is Ed Reed or Brandon Meriweather, I really like him though
2nd, 3rd round
-Eric Reid - Athletic and hard hitter in run game, struggles in coverage
-Shawn Williams - A big safety but a leader and playmaker, struggles in coverage
-Phillip Thomas - Emerged as a big playmaker coming off of a missed season
-Tony Jefferson - A true centerfielder
-DJ Swearinger - Reminds me of TJ Ward, very hard hitter and playmaker
-Shamarko Thomas
- TJ McDonald - don't like him, bad angles, doesn't wrap up
- Bacarri Rambo - Has to answer speed questions
- Robert Lester - Good at the line or zone, struggles in man coverage
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Spikes won't be a UFA until 2014.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great list RWills
I'm hoping they sign Armstead who they brought in for a workout and also scouted last year. He can play DE or DT. If they do, then WR (Patterson or Hopkins) or S (Elam) with the first pick, depending on who is available. Looks to me like there is more value for CB in rd 2. I wouldn't be against Cooper there either. Maybe Hunt or Green, although a first round for a cover LB seems too early. Much depends on FA though. Trading down and getting an extra 3 or a one or two next year also works.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they're looking at safeties, Eric Reid will be #1 on Belichick's board.

They're deep enough at DT and run enough sub packages to not have to worry about John Jenkins's gas tank. He'll have time to improve that. He's probably not the sexy pick (maybe he is), but that's who I most want them to draft. I'm happy with their current group of DT's, but I worry if something ever happens to Wilfork.

I've given up on them drafting a WR, but I'd love Stedman Bailey on this team.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

A more thorough breakdown...
QB
Brady
Mallett
*Kafka

No need here, but this is a good draft class to find one with either one of the 7th round picks or via UDFA.

RB
Ridley
Vereen
Bolden

Woodhead is a free agent. They'll want to re-sign him. Not much available in the draft, but I imagine they'll find a UDFA

WR
Lloyd

Serious issues here. Need to re-sign Welker and Edelman and they'll still have a need at the position when they do that. Should use one of their first 3 picks on WR.

TE
Gronkowski
Hernandez
+Hoomanawanui
Fells
Ballard

They're well-off in this department. Obviously.

OL
Solder (LT)
Mankins (LG)
Wendell (C)
Connolly (RG)
Cannon
McDonald

Need to re-sign Vollmer. They don't have the resources to replace him. If they don't re-sign Vollmer and/or Cannon can't play RG, they need to spend one of their first 3 picks on OL.

DL
Ninkovich (DE)
Deaderick (DT)
Wilfork (DT)
Jones (DE)
Cunningham
Love
Francis
Forston
Bequette
*Benard

They aren't losing anything along the DL. They need the backup DEs to step it up next season. It'd be nice to upgrade DT, but they love Deaderick and Love and can bring Ron Brace back if they need to.

LB
Hightower
Mayo
Spikes
Rivera
+Fletcher

Special teamers Koutouvides and White are UFAs. Could be brought back easily. Not much that can be done for LB in the draft with so few resources available to them.

DB
McCourty (S)
Gregory (S)
Dennard (CB)
Wilson
Dowling
Ebner

The secondary has looked really good with Talib. They absolutely have to re-sign him. He should be their #1 priority this off-season. It's probably time to let Chung go and probably Arrington as well if he doesn't come super cheap. They absolutely need to draft a CB and it'd be nice if they could find a way to draft a S as well.

So, having broken down the roster, my previous desire for a big physical DT is outweighed by the needs of this team combined with the lack of draft picks.

The team has to re-sign its own players. Absolutely have to bring back Woodhead, Welker, Edelman, Vollmer, and Talib. If they do that, they're left with CB, S, and WR as the primary targets for their first 3 draft picks. CB probably being the highest priority even with Talib since their depth is weak and you can't trust Dowling to ever get/stay healthy.

Rough mock...
1. Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
2. Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
3. Robert Lester, S, Alabama
7. James Ferentz, C, Iowa
7. Patrick Ward, T, Northwestern
Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

The lack of draft choices shows we're really going to need to trade down if at all possible to pick up some extra picks. The Mallett rumors are interesting - Mallett and our 1 to Cleveland for their 1st, which I can't see happening - but maybe something can be done there given the weak crop of QB's this year.

Anyway, since we can't cover TEs or RBs and still struggle on third down, I'd rank a cover LB or some sort of safety/LB hybrid as pretty high on the need list, along with speed at the WR position. We can also improve our pass rush, but it's hard to find that where we are picking. So yeah, I essentially agree with your three positions there nepg.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/Ravens preview:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...ship-game.html
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good talk guys. if im the pats, im targeting WR, but not until the second round. the depth in this draft is absolutely crazy. im only taking a WR in the first if it is patterson or allen.

i dont think the pats will go after eric reid. i think the most likely choice is matt elam, who seems to have a lot of pat chung/brandon meriweather in his game (Which kinda blows for us)

personally, I want another DL in the first. a guy like shariff floyd jumps off the tape for me. he would be my pick. i could see us picking a jesse williams or a john jenkins as well

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
The lack of draft choices shows we're really going to need to trade down if at all possible to pick up some extra picks. The Mallett rumors are interesting - Mallett and our 1 to Cleveland for their 1st, which I can't see happening - but maybe something can be done there given the weak crop of QB's this year.

Anyway, since we can't cover TEs or RBs and still struggle on third down, I'd rank a cover LB or some sort of safety/LB hybrid as pretty high on the need list, along with speed at the WR position. We can also improve our pass rush, but it's hard to find that where we are picking. So yeah, I essentially agree with your three positions there nepg.
They might have that guy in either a healthy Fletcher or an expanded role for Ebner.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing a forum mock on another site. So far this is the Patriot draft:

Trade down: Minnesota Vikings gives up #43 +#101 +#181. Patriots give up #31.

43: Corey Lemonier
63: Marcus Lattimore

What'd you think? Lattimore was only because of his value and the fact that I expect him to come back in 2014 with a vengeance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 3 picks would be:

1. Ezekial Ansah, DE BYU
2. Robert Woods, wr USC
3. Cooper Taylor, S Richmond
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, neither Ansah or Woods were available when I was picking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

We signed Armond Armstead - that's like a free draft choice. Unless someone unexpectedly falls, I think we might can take DT/DE off the board for early round picks.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good news. DE / DL depth with potential to be a starter is always nice without having to spend the draft capital.

I'm on board the 'resign Talib' train. It definitely looks like the type of year where we need to keep all of our FA talent. I think the priorities have to be Kyle Arrington, Julian Edelman, Dane Fletcher, Michael Hoomanawanui, Aqib Talib, and Sebastian Vollmer. (Not in that order.)

Welker would be nice but I'm not expecting it to happen. As I mentioned in the team thread, I think the market will be soft but all it takes is one team backing up the Brinks Truck and he's gone. Amendola and Welker may just swap teams this offseason . . .

As always, I want to see us draft true pass rush help. DL and off the edges. Safety is next in line (though I do like what I saw from Tavon so I could see that position being filled if he progresses well through the offseason.) WR is clearly a big need. Welker is likely gone. Edelman is fragile. Branch and Stallworth are has-beens. I still like Lloyd.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today's fun list: WRs and DBs drafted by BB during his tenure in NE. "x" preceding a name denotes 5th round or later. Bolded are guys that have been decent or better for us (and I'm being generous.) Here's hoping he just drafts whichever guys he believes should NOT be on the board this year. It can't be much worse. lol

WR:
Brandon Tate
xJulian Edelman
xMatt Slater
Chad Jackson
xPK Sam
Bethel Johnson
Deion Branch
xDavid Givens

DB:
Patrick Chung
Darius Butler
Terrence Wheatley
Brandon Meriweather
xMike Richardson
xWillie Andrews
Ellis Hobbs
James Sanders
xChristian Morton
Guss Scott
Dexter Reid
Asante Samuel
Eugene Wilson
xHakim Akbar
xLeonard Myers
Brock Williams
xAntwan Harris

So, realistically, we want WRs in round 7 so we can get maximum results.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Today's fun list: WRs and DBs drafted by BB during his tenure in NE. "x" preceding a name denotes 5th round or later. Bolded are guys that have been decent or better for us (and I'm being generous.) Here's hoping he just drafts whichever guys he believes should NOT be on the board this year. It can't be much worse. lol

WR:
Brandon Tate
xJulian Edelman
xMatt Slater
Chad Jackson
xPK Sam
Bethel Johnson
Deion Branch
xDavid Givens

DB:
Patrick Chung
Darius Butler
Terrence Wheatley
Brandon Meriweather
xMike Richardson
xWillie Andrews
Ellis Hobbs
James Sanders
xChristian Morton
Guss Scott
Dexter Reid
Asante Samuel
Eugene Wilson
xHakim Akbar
xLeonard Myers
Brock Williams
xAntwan Harris

So, realistically, we want WRs in round 7 so we can get maximum results.
Meriweather was at least decent for a period. Also, what about McCourty?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah saying Chung was decent is pretty damn generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Meriweather was at least decent for a period. Also, what about McCourty?
Nice catch. I must have missed him name in the jumble of info on the draft history page.