Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Technically they weren't fired, their contracts were up and they just weren't re-signed. Semantics, I know. However, I've been saying for a while that this staff is full of buffoons and I see no vision or direction from them. Every move screams of excuse-making and "lets try and save our jobs for another year!" It's a rudderless ship. That said, changing the position coaches is not that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things, to me. I think it's a bit naive to assume that they are great coaches just because we happen to have some promising players at their positions. Maybe these guys would be even better with another coach. Maybe they wouldn't. Honestly who knows? As outsiders looking in, I feel that position coaches are the hardest ones to evaluate because no one truly knows how much impact they are actually having.

The coordinators, I completely agree with you on.
Ayers and Brown are both 2nd RD picks, but athletically, both have 1st RD talent, so you're right that it's hard to say whether it's the coaching or the player's natural ability showing through. In fact, in all likelihood, it's the latter.

At this point, I find it's difficult for me to trust the coaching staff's judgement. They have the capacity to bring in a better or equal coach in comparison to Bush, but it's hard for me to believe they'll actually accomplish it. Bush not only had his group performing well on the field, but has a good enough track record as a coach to have me believe he had a positive influence on the youngsters. Even Colin McCarthy proved me to be dumbass by playing as good as he has (when healthy) despite being a 4th RD pick. Ayers and Brown are studs regardless of who's coaching them, but allowing a good position coach to just leave, especially when the staff is full of questionable ones to begin with, is hard to me to stomach given how Munch has seemingly reacted to this offseason. Where's the sense of urgency from him?

And apparently even writers and players are confused about allowing Alan Lowry to leave. But because of that, and you pointing out the fact that they weren't fired but had their contracts expire, maybe Bush and Lowry wanted to leave?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
maybe Bush and Lowry wanted to leave?
Seems like an interesting theory. And I guess it's also possible that Munch is having a tough time upgrading the coordinator spots because everyone knows he has one more season to get this team in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to go work for a coach on the hot seat like that either if I were a coordinator, and let's be honest, the chances of us making the playoffs next year are slim to none barring some kind of miracle. Or maybe the Colts and Texans will suffer too many devastating injuriezzz.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Jerry Gray and **** Dowell Loggains. There are dozens of better options on the market for each coordinator position. Also, how the hell did Alan Lowry get canned when the Titans were top 15 in both punt and kick return averages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasnt Lowry also the last holdover from the Fisher staff? Another theory. Whatever staff is hired next will be 100% Munchak's choosing, so he'll have no more excuses if they fail. It truly will be a make or break year for him, his staff, and his quarterback.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Wasnt Lowry also the last holdover from the Fisher staff? Another theory. Whatever staff is hired next will be 100% Munchak's choosing, so he'll have no more excuses if they fail. It truly will be a make or break year for him, his staff, and his quarterback.
Dowell Loggains will be the last Fisher holdover, but he was just a quality control guy under Fish. It was Munch who promoted him to QB coach when he became HC. Technically, Steve Watterson is too, but he was here even before Fisher. Dude's been here forever.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Marks done enough to stick around? I think he gets one of those low mullah, couple year deals where the team can easily cut him if they find better options. I think he improved this year, I think I'd like to see him not as a starter getting most reps but in the rotation.

Anyone have a list of our other FA's?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Has Marks done enough to stick around? I think he gets one of those low mullah, couple year deals where the team can easily cut him if they find better options. I think he improved this year, I think I'd like to see him not as a starter getting most reps but in the rotation.

Anyone have a list of our other FA's?
Here are some links:

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/n...nessee-titans/
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/ten/
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...By+Team&y=2013

You may have to cross reference the lists since they're not always up to date.

The big re-signs are K Rob Bironas (who will probably be tagged), KR Darius Reynaud, TE Jared Cook, and C Fernando Velasco. OG Leroy Harris and C Kevin Matthews are both FA's too, and I think it would be wise to bring back at least one of them as a backup.

I'm fine with letting Marks leave, especially if we upgrade the DT spot through the draft or FA. But if the coaches think he's on his way to living up to his potential, then I'd be ok with him re-signing with a reasonable contract. Jurrell Casey and Mike Martin are the future, though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll probably bring back Matthews since he's just a RFA.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could have drafted Kaepernick in the second round and grabbed Watt in the first.

God dammit.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
We could have drafted Kaepernick in the second round and grabbed Watt in the first.

God dammit.
Well thank god we took Aaron Rodgers over Pacman.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

I liked Pacman

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Now he's just Adam Jones. What a sellout.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Mcnair

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Soooo... apparently Kenny Britt has got into some more **** in NJ. As much as I love his talent and potential, I think it might be time to cut ties. Hopefully fleece some team out of a draft pick.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need PacMan. We got Kenny Britt to continue Tennessee Titan Thug Life!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Locker's shoulder surgery went well! I'm actually looking forward to him playing next year since he'll be healthy, be playing behind a healthy OL, and hopefully have a rejuvenated running game.

And the whole Kenny thing could have been A LOT worse. Apparently, he's just an uncooperative witness, and I'm fairly certain he's well within his legal rights to refuse to speak with law enforcement. It's actually smart of him that he didn't, because if he did and lied, then he could get in trouble for making a false statement or even obstruction. Now he can just call his agent who can then lawyer him up, and should he choose to give a statement to police, he'll have a lawyer to coach him up and walk him through it. He shouldn't talk though, CAUSE NO SNITCHING!

It's not like he was the one who stabbed the guy or was the one who got stabbed.

Still, he needs to stop ******* going to New Jersey. Seriously Kenny. Please stop.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was common sense for anyone to to stay away from Jersey. Damnit Kenny...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I think we should cut him or trade him.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We did UDFA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
UNDRAFTED FREE AGENCY ALLOCATIONS:

Tennessee Titans:

RB/KR Onterio McCalebb, Auburn
FB Lonnie Pryor, Florida St.
WR La'Rod King, Kentucky
OG Mark Jackson, Glenville St.
DE Marquis Jackson, Portland St.
CB Branden Smith, Georgia
SS Earl Wolff, North Carolina St.
Also put in bids for FB Zach Line, CB Greg Reid, and WR Tavarres King.

McCalebb, LaKing, and TaKing were the last players available from my SEC Fantasy Football team. Almost got all three... :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-14-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Am I crazy in thinking Ben Bartholomew might make a solid FB in the NFL? He had a pretty strong senior season, and I like his versatility.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any free agent guards you think the titans will look at?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
any free agent guards you think the titans will look at?
hhhmmm maybe Kasey Studdard.

I'm not sure what good players will be available, that's usually TitanHope's area lol (she's got some links above).
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Antoine Caldwell would be an intriguing option. I think I've seen where he'll be available.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
hhhmmm maybe Kasey Studdard.

I'm not sure what good players will be available, that's usually TitanHope's area lol (she's got some links above).
(she's got some links above)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.