Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Minter, LB LSU

I couldn't find a thread on this kid so here goes..

I don't get to watch many college games, can someone please tell me a little about Kevin Minter? His strengths/weaknesses and how he compares to the other top LB prospects.

Is he stictly a ILB/MLB or could he play other positions, for example play SLB in a 4-3?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I couldn't find a thread on this kid so here goes..

I don't get to watch many college games, can someone please tell me a little about Kevin Minter? His strengths/weaknesses and how he compares to the other top LB prospects.

Is he stictly a ILB/MLB or could he play other positions, for example play SLB in a 4-3?
I project him to be the best LB to come out of this draft. Not Te'o or Olgetree. Most LBs tend to fall so I expect him to be taken in Round 2.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stud! Hope the Jets get him round #2 after they get another pass rusher.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minter is a beast. I won't say who will be the best in this draft because if Ogletree ends up in the right situation I think it could be him, but Minter is the safest bet in this class to be a top notch NFL linebacker. He can do it all and he will make some team very happy for a long time. Te'o's (that looks goofy) stock is down a little after that NC performance but he still could be a great addition to a defense, I just like Minter better. He would be my top ranked linebacker in this class.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minter sounds intriging, I just don't know enough about him at the moment :)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Minter sounds intriging, I just don't know enough about him at the moment :)
Casual fan take: He's not the flashiest guy, but just not a lot of wasted movement... has a great nose for the ball and can get through traffic to make the tackle. Thick legs that just don't get tired and he can take on blockers. Plays with the same energy in his last snap as his first. No questions about his run stuffing ability... looks comfortable blitzing or dropping back in coverage. Probably not the fastest sideline to sideline guy, but he's gonna be the second or third guy there no matter what. I wonder how much he was helped because of how good LSU's DL was. He can play any 4-3 LB position or 3-4 ILB, imo.

I actually have to take back that I think he'll be the best LB cause I love OLB Chase Thomas too.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
Stud! Hope the Jets get him round #2 after they get another pass rusher.
He shouldn't be around that long. He's a beast. He just jumped off the screen when watching LSU games. Easily their best defender and probably a top 3 defensive player in all of the SEC this past season.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
3degrees
Rookie

3degrees hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Greene

Khaseem Greene is the best linebacker in the draft. He has speed, a nose for the ball and is a sure tackler. He also reads offenses quickly and can drop back into coverage as easily as he can rush the passer or get a tackle for a loss. If some needs a LB they should choose the first team AA.
3degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3degrees View Post
Khaseem Greene is the best linebacker in the draft. He has speed, a nose for the ball and is a sure tackler. He also reads offenses quickly and can drop back into coverage as easily as he can rush the passer or get a tackle for a loss. If some needs a LB they should choose the first team AA.
Welcome to the forum. It's always interesting to catch a person's first post.

Bunch of guys definitely do have Greene as their top rated LB.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

As a Steeler fan I'm definately keeping my eye on Mintner, Ogletree, and Te'o, hoping that one of them is the first round pick. Te'o may already be gone, but Ogletree and Mintner are definately going to see their stock raise or dive depending on the Combine. Think the Steelers could trade back, pick up a third, and still get one of the two. Don't think that either of the two will be there at 48.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am expecting Teo, Minter and Ogeltree to all go in the first round
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Casual fan take: He's not the flashiest guy, but just not a lot of wasted movement... has a great nose for the ball and can get through traffic to make the tackle. Thick legs that just don't get tired and he can take on blockers. Plays with the same energy in his last snap as his first. No questions about his run stuffing ability... looks comfortable blitzing or dropping back in coverage. Probably not the fastest sideline to sideline guy, but he's gonna be the second or third guy there no matter what. I wonder how much he was helped because of how good LSU's DL was. He can play any 4-3 LB position or 3-4 ILB, imo.

I actually have to take back that I think he'll be the best LB cause I love OLB Chase Thomas too.
I don't think the Pats are in the market, but that description sounds a lot like Brandon Spikes. Is that a fair comparison?
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote