Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know they won the game, but I saw a lot of issues with the Falcons. They just don't know how to handle the big moment.

You saw it all over their faces in the 4th quarter. Once Seattle was down 1 TD I knew they were coming back. Smith's face, Ryan's face, the whole team just had that look in their face like they didn't know how to handle the moment.

They won, but I don't like how they ended that game.

I'm also concerned that now that they got their playoff win out of the way, they're satisfied.

They just don't have the look I want to see in a championship team. There's no killer instinct there.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't like what I saw from the Falcons yesterday. They don't seem like they're a team who can handle the big moment.

And while I finish this post, I must say, Atlanta might be the most disrespected 1 seed we've seen in awhile. Bc myself, along with many others, never give them a chance.

Nobody, literally nobody, picked this team to go to the SB when the playoffs started. Even now, nobody really expects them to win vs the 49ers.

They're the 1 seed yet most of us just aren't impressed.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, a lot of things stacking up against the Falcons, I agree.

An emotional let down after finally winning a playoff game seems like a definite possibility.

And that isn't even to mention how badly I think their defense will stack up against the 49ers. Maybe they'll surprise us, but that defense has been vulnerable all year long.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan had a brutal gameplan. He didn't adjust at all. He played zone all game long and Russell Wilson just picked it apart with the same plays over and over and over again.

Switch to some man coverage Nolan. Your zone was getting shredded. I don't expect him to do the same vs the 49ers bc if he does, Vernon is gonna have a field day.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, a lot of things stacking up against the Falcons, I agree.

An emotional let down after finally winning a playoff game seems like a definite possibility.

And that isn't even to mention how badly I think their defense will stack up against the 49ers. Maybe they'll surprise us, but that defense has been vulnerable all year long.
Their run defense looked solid yesterday but they left gaping holes in the short to intermediate middle of the field. The Falcons made Zach Miller look like John Mackey out there.

Without a healthy Moore and Abraham for that defense i don't see them coming away with a win.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When San Francisco comes to play, they're very very tough to beat. If the Niners team that played Sunday shows up again they win by 17 at least. I also think the emotional first playoff win for Ryan and the Falcons will play a part in an emotional letdown, resulting in a 3 INT game.

Last edited by Shreckart : 01-14-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping the Falcons lost so Mike Smith could have gotten called out on so many issues:

- Losing a 20 point lead
- Calling for a TO with 13 seconds left
- Kicking an onside kick

It was almost like he had no clue what was going on once the game was slipping away, not it'll all be forgotten since they won but I'm not sure what he was doing out there honestly. Has he even explained those last two yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The kickoff may have been a legitimate mistake of the kicker. It seems like they were trying to squib it, but the kicker booted it right at a defender.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I was hoping the Falcons lost so Mike Smith could have gotten called out on so many issues:

- Losing a 20 point lead
- Kicking an onside kick

It was almost like he had no clue what was going on once the game was slipping away, not it'll all be forgotten since they won but I'm not sure what he was doing out there honestly. Has he even explained those last two yet?
I hate Mike Smith. I'll never root for him bc of what he did to NYG when he worked for him.

I was enjoying seeing that turd sweat at the end, unfortunately he pulled it off. Hopefully the 49ers stomp him out. I was hoping he'd lose and get fired though.
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

- Losing a 20 point lead
- Kicking an onside kick

I don't understand how coaches can screw up the basics like that so much. I think a lot of these guys get caught in the heat of the moment and just make ridiculously stupid decisions. I understand not wanting to kick to Washington, but if Seattle had been able to get a quick pass off and get down for like 15 yards they could have either attempted a long field goal or shorter hail mary.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

- Losing a 20 point lead
- Kicking an onside kick

YOU FORGOT NOT GOING FOR THE 2 POINT CONVERSION. You know how much of a genius I would look like had they not kicked that field goal?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hate Mike Smith. I'll never root for him bc of what he did to NYG when he worked for him.

I was enjoying seeing that turd sweat at the end, unfortunately he pulled it off. Hopefully the 49ers stomp him out. I was hoping he'd lose and get fired though.
bbd,

What did Mike Smith do in NY to earn your ire?

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
bbd,

What did Mike Smith do in NY to earn your ire?

WHAT SAY YE?
I'm guessing the 2000 Ravens Superbowl? Smith was on the Ravens staff for that.

How a team with Jim Fassel and Kerry Collins even made a Superbowl is beyond me though.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He meant the poster NYG not the team. Mike Smith screwed NYG(NFLDC member) big time.

Our defense that year was very good. The offense really took off as well during that stretch. That 41-0 drubbing of a very good Vikings team still shocks me though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to Good Burger home of the Good Burger can I take your order?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The "2" doesn't refer to anything in particular. I think 49erNation85 just made it up so it will sound better.
Quote:
Thus it being the stupidest thing I've ever heard and extremely pointless.
It's like he tried to copy CJ2K, but didn't understand why Chris Johnson was called that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nolan had a brutal gameplan. He didn't adjust at all. He played zone all game long and Russell Wilson just picked it apart with the same plays over and over and over again.

Switch to some man coverage Nolan. Your zone was getting shredded. I don't expect him to do the same vs the 49ers bc if he does, Vernon is gonna have a field day.
To be fair, I wouldn't play any of the falcons secondary guys in man either. Their defense is built to be played in zone. It's their best option
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It's like he tried to copy CJ2K, but didn't understand why Chris Johnson was called that.
I wanted to know what the 2 in CK27 stood for but didn't wanna look like an idiot. I should have known it was just stupidity since it's only 49erNation85 was sayin it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote