Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I'm aboard with your plan but I want Milliner in the first.
I'm at the point where I am Joeckel or trade back. I wouldn't be heart broken with a guy like Moore or Jarvis but it is more of a luxury at this point. I could see Moore being used in the mold that Von is in Denver and I think Jarvis is athletic enough to play there also but unless we part ways with Aso or DRC I don't wanna use that high of a pick on another corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna see a big body WR.

Think ahead, and thing BPA.

Also depends on the HC. Eagles went from a big fat line, to small quick guy, not the ideal line for a pocket passer. So OG/OC even OT would be good. Who knows how well Peter's knee is.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This coaching search doesn't have an end in sight. Somewhat glad Kelly decided to stay in Oregon. Would have been interesting to see him try and work his offense in the NFL, though.

I like some of the names being thrown around. Gus Bradley, Greg Roman, Tom Clements, Mike McCoy and Lovie Smith all interest me.

In terms of the draft, I just want to get my Manti Te'o love off my chest before the National Championship tomorrow. Our defense has been missing a leader like him since Dawkins has left. Just a prediction that he will have a huge game tomorrow and workout better than anticipated. I don't see him escaping the top 5 come April.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft Te'o I will be a little pissed off to be honest. I love the guy, he works his ass off, great leader and his story is great and all but people who suck his dick dont pay enough attention to the 3 guys in front of him who let him run free. The down linemen in their defense are the best players on that D and they don't get nearly enough credit. His numbers have regressed each year from his sophomore year outside of his INT's (7 is crazy for a LB), but 5.5 tackles for loss for a guy who was supposed to be a heisman contender? Like really?

For the coaching search I am liking more and more of what I see out of Gus Bradley. The guy is has a fire and coaches with a chip on his shoulder. I joked about it in the coaching thread but right now my ideal coaching staff is Gus Bradley running the show, Norv Turner calling the plays on O and I would see if Washington would let us make Raheem Morris our D coordinator.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think Te'o is overrated. He doesn't offer anything speical, for triangle numbers, or even stats wise.

There are dozens of guys like him out there, who are just as emotional leaders. But he is just in the right place at the right time.

Think of all these guys as prospects, that were ILB that went in the top 10. just not worth it, most of these guys were better prospect than him.
McClain, AJ Hawk, Kuechly, Mayo.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I want Gus Bradley.

Edit: and Superman, no more Te'o talk please. Guy was embarrassed last night.

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 01-08-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I want Gus Bradley.

Yeah and so was the rest of the team..he may very well be overrated and all..but I don't know if I'd hold that game against him THAT much
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Hes still not worthy of a top 5 pick.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Brian Kelly of Notre Dame now the big name in the coaching search.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I would prefer to stay away from Lovie. The guy is a good coach and didn't deserve to be fired but I think he's one of those guys who just struggles to get to the next step. Consistently 7-9, 8-8, 10-6.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want Gus Bradley.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Somehow the stat line said he made 10 tackles, but I saw absolutely zero impact plays and countless missed tackles. Definitely coming away with a sour taste after watching that. Joeckel is the man if he's available at #4.

Quote:
Brian Kelly of Notre Dame now the big name in the coaching search.
I truly hope not. I think he's a good, not great, college coach, but I just don't think he will be able to succeed in the NFL. He's not a players coach.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Brian Kelly, please. After watching how flat Notre Dame came out in the National Championship I have no desire to see him as our head coach.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Kelly has definitely proved himself when it comes to rebuilding a program and the way his teams have played I think translate...he would be an interesting hire, though. That is for sure.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I Want Gus!

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Brian Kelly is out. He definitely grew on me as I thought more about it. However, there are still some viable candidates. It's hard keeping up with everyone that we're interviewing and have interest in.

Gus Bradley interviewed today. Bruce Arians is interviewing Tuesday, I believe. Greg Roman might be a hot name after that spanking the 49ers put on the Packers.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I do really want Gus, but I am really surprised that Roman has never even been mentioned.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Brian Billick believed to be one of the top candidates for the job after interviewing this past monday. He was the guy I wanted really bad last year when I thought Andy was going to get fired. You know he would be able to bring in a solid staff.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yuck to Brian Billick, the staff he would be able to bring in wouldn't be that much better than other candidates, not enough to negate for his terrible evaluation of his players and misuse, among many, many other issues I have with him. He's basically a worse head coaching version of Reid, so needless to say, I would not be happy with that hire at all. Just my stance though.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

You can't argue with the defense he helped build in Baltimore. The only thing he didn't do very well in Baltimore was land on a QB which was something the defense kinda played themselves out of. The only chance he had to get a big QB was Boeller and he missed...but you can't blame him for that...a lot of people would have taken him.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

HC: Gus Bradley
OC: Ben McAdoo
DC: Raheem Morris

Thats my dream....make it happen Lurie.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Gus getting his 2nd interview tomorrow in Philly.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't argue with the defense he helped build in Baltimore. The only thing he didn't do very well in Baltimore was land on a QB which was something the defense kinda played themselves out of. The only chance he had to get a big QB was Boeller and he missed...but you can't blame him for that...a lot of people would have taken him.
Sorry, but Ozzie Newsome gets the credit for building that defense, Billick was given sway in personnel decisions once, and that was Kyle Boller. I'm just glad its looking like Gus right now, he was the defensive coach I wanted the most. Another fellow poster on here mentioned the possibility that Gus would bring Hue Jackson, which I would be really interested in.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

That would be awesome. I thought Hue kind of got screwed in Oakland but the guy is a good coach and has a good offensive mind. Would bring a more balanced offense as compared to a guy like McAdoo who I have been saying I want.

I keep bringing up Morris as a potential DC and I think it could be possible because they both worked together in Tampa bay.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Whelp, Chip is the guy. Thought we were out of the running and was preparing myself for Gus for about the last week. Very interested to see who comes in as the DC and as assistants. Kelly will call his own plays.

Quote: