Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
oher's mad.
Oh that's okay. The lettering can go over his face.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just found this site.. pretty awesome and organized.

http://www.statmilk.com/NFL/MatchUp/4952/15638/?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
oher's mad.
I'm pretty sure he's not mad. Looks to me like he's doing his best not to lol @ Flacco.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weird. Over the past week I've heard people even in the mainstream media complain about the Ray Lewis love and devotion, but for the past two years I haven't heard the media pundits complain about the amount of attention Tim Tebow receives. WTF.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Weird. Over the past week I've heard people even in the mainstream media complain about the Ray Lewis love and devotion, but for the past two years I haven't heard the media pundits complain about the amount of attention Tim Tebow receives. WTF.
Tim Tebow murdered someone also?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No it is because he loves Jesus so much so media thrives on it. I dunno , do you ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Ray Lewis murdered someone?

Anyways, the complaints I've heard haven't stemmed from the incident 13 years ago. Folks are just saying the coverage was too much even though he's a great player. Yet for a ****** player we're okay with the over-exposure.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must have missed the funny memo that basically said that ESPN was covering Tebow too much.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners- Ravens final. Instead of regular sudden death OT, it will be a cage match between the Harbaughs. Jim will make Modell cry about the unfairness of the new sudden death OT rules.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You didn't hear?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Listening to Colin Cowherd podcast. He is praying that Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck don't get eliminated because he'll be left with Ryan, Kaepernick, and Flacco. Because, the playoffs just couldn't possibly be good without Tom Brady.

And he refuses to believe Baltimore will win against the Patriots. "Ain't happenin".

Quote:
Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin

Patriots are a machine right now. Baltimore hope you enjoyed the cigars last night. You will be getting smoked in a week.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-14-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I agree he's playing well, but if Moore doesn't fall down does anyone actually think Flacco wouldn't be the scapegoat for the Ravens loss?
That would be pretty dumb even if the Ravens had lost. Baltimore decided to give up to special teams touchdowns to Holiday. Flacco threw close to 300 yards with two touchdowns up to that point before he threw the bomb to Jones.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be pretty dumb even if the Ravens had lost. Baltimore decided to give up to special teams touchdowns to Holiday. Flacco threw close to 300 yards with two touchdowns up to that point before he threw the bomb to Jones.
Doesn't matter. He would have been unfairly blamed. People would have suggested that Flacco will never get this team over the hump, the Ravens should start looking for his replacement, and possibly even trade him since they shouldn't resign him so might as well get something.

In reality Flacco is an above average quarterback who is improving every year who is becoming more and more able to not just manage the game but also carry a team. Eventually he is going to win a Super Bowl. Personally, I think it will be this season. But if not, definitely in the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a pretty underwhelming slate of games considering an alternative was the fail mary rematch and Brady vs Manning. Regardless though, i'm not complaining with SF in it.

SF tends to follow up their big wins with a lot of dissappointing losses so i am definitely worried. We match up well with the Falcons i believe, but you just never know.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Kaepernick might easily stink up the joint. I hope he doesn't, but I wouldn't be that shocked.

Atlanta will have a lot of bulletin material this week. The 49ers are already favored against the Falcons. I think the line is -3.5.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Listening to Colin Cowherd podcast. He is praying that Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck don't get eliminated because he'll be left with Ryan, Kaepernick, and Flacco. Because, the playoffs just couldn't possibly be good without Tom Brady.

And he refuses to believe Baltimore will win against the Patriots. "Ain't happenin".
Well if you are listening to the podcast, you should know how much of a complete and absolute Brady/pats homer he is.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm listening to Mike & Mike on the way to work today and it gave the clearest picture as to why Eric Mangini is no longer an NFL coach. They were talking about the decision of the Broncos to kneel the ball before going into overtime. Here are some quotes:

Quote:
Mangini: There isn't much time left, it's freezing cold, Baltimore knows you have to pass, and you have one of the best defenses in the league. Why take the risk?
Both Mikes: TO WIN THE GAME!
These are 31 seconds left, two time outs, and kicking in Mile High (especially with a very good kicker in Prater), they only needed 40-45 yards to give them a very good chance at a make. And you're great defense was getting torched all game.

Quote:
Mangini: The momentum had swung in such a huge way.
Oh, the momentum changed? Well the momentum sure changed in the first half of the Atlanta-Seattle game. I guess the Seahawks should have just packed it in at halftime. But they got the lead late. That sure changed momentum. I suppose the Falcons should have just kneeled the ball to end the game. People often times care too much about momentum. The fact is, momentum swings (if there really is such a thing in sports) happen so often, they are irrelevant most of the time.

Quote:
Mangini: By kneeling the ball, they were giving Denver all the options to win the game. Running, passing, defense.
Isn't winning the game in regulation an option, you buffoon!

I doubt Mangini ever gets another chance to be a head coach. But if I were an owner, this interview would have sealed the deal. He has such a loser's mentality to defend that. The same goes for John Fox (and Peyton Manning if he agreed with the call). You need 40 yards in 30 seconds. You can throw a 10 yard pass anywhere on the field. Call a timeout. Throw a 15 yard pass anywhere. Call a time out. You should have 20 seconds left. Try one or two passes to the sidelines. If you can't get them or time runs out, BFG, you go to overtime. If you don't have confidence that you can do that, get off the damn field. NFL coaches are such pussies!

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the difference between defensive minded head coaches and offensive minded head coaches. Fox probably thought if Manning throws a pick or a pick 6 then it's game over, whereas if it goes to overtime you are giving yourself a better chance. I don't agree with that, or with what Mangini said, but it does have some logic. In a way Fox was kinda right. His defense stopped the Ravens on multiple occassions in OT. They played OT in the same Mile High conditions as there was with 30 seconds to go and couldn't get far enough to kick a field goal so it's not like it was a given. Very, very conservative call but I don't think it's a horrible call but I would have at least tried one play before kneeling.

The Atlanta game was different. They were behind and needed to make the plays.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It's the difference between defensive minded head coaches and offensive minded head coaches. Fox probably thought if Manning throws a pick or a pick 6 then it's game over, whereas if it goes to overtime you are giving yourself a better chance. I don't agree with that, or with what Mangini said, but it does have some logic. In a way Fox was kinda right. His defense stopped the Ravens on multiple occassions in OT. They played OT in the same Mile High conditions as there was with 30 seconds to go and couldn't get far enough to kick a field goal so it's not like it was a given. Very, very conservative call but I don't think it's a horrible call but I would have at least tried one play before kneeling.

The Atlanta game was different. They were behind and needed to make the plays.
They could have done what the Giants did. I'm not sure if it was this year or last year. But they lined up to run a play. The opposing defense assumed they were going to pass, so instead they ran a draw. With the defense playing back, the Giants easily picked up 15 yards. At least do that. Anything less is playing to lose.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
They could have done what the Giants did. I'm not sure if it was this year or last year. But they lined up to run a play. The opposing defense assumed they were going to pass, so instead they ran a draw. With the defense playing back, the Giants easily picked up 15 yards. At least do that. Anything less is playing to lose.
I think they definitely should have tried something. If they were worried they could have run a draw or a screen or a high percentage throw and try to pick up some yac. I didn't like the call then and I still don't like it now, but, even though conservative it does make some sense. If Fox thought there was a higher chance to lose by going for it, which it appears he did, then he made the right choice. Now I don't agree with that assessment, especially since Peyton had a good day with the exception of the tipped pick 6 and the horrible throw in OT. I think with 2 TOs they could have got into range. As was mentioned, it's 50 yards at most they need, more likely 45. Peyton doesn't even need to make long, difficult throws. He probably had 3 completions to get there as long as at least one let the guy get out of bounds

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random news: schefter reports that Jerome Boger (ref of SF/GB game on sat) will be the ref for the Super Bowl.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Leavy will ref the Patriots/Ravens game.

Ravens fans, you've been warned.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Random news: schefter reports that Jerome Boger (ref of SF/GB game on sat) will be the ref for the Super Bowl.
How is this even possible? He's one of the worst 5 refs in the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has connections bro. It doesn't matter.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Politics. It wouldn't surprise me if the owners want to make the refs look bad on the biggest stage to make a point.