Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
Fair enough, but that still seems too low. I think he's better than Richardson. Could even see him surprising with a sub 4.4, though it does seem like he might be slow out of a 3-point.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they think he's better than Richardson. Interesting.
ConnSKINS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They are very conservative in their grades.
That being said, I absolutely would not select Lacey in the first round.

High second is fine though.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
That being said, I absolutely would not select Lacey in the first round.

High second is fine though.
What about him makes you think he's not a first-rounder?
burkorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why won't Mosley come out? F school bro.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nickell Robey has declared
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU is Declaring.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2013/1/14/3...ring-nfl-draft
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about him makes you think he's not a first-rounder?
Well, the fact that he's playing behind 5 legit NFL prospects on the OL makes looking at stats sort of misleading.

But the reason I wouldn't take him in the first round is the lack of long speed. If I'm spending a first round pick on a non-premium position, I want that guy to be a difference maker, and for an RB that involves hitting home runs from time to time when you get to the open field. Lacey's a solid singles hitter (he'll get you the yardage that's blocked), but he's not going to run away from people in the open field or make people miss in space so I wouldn't spend a first on him. First round picks are really valuable, and RB is a non-premium position so if I'm spending a first round pick on an RB then that guy has to have something really special about his game. Lacey's just "very good" but not special.

Full disclosure: I would also not take Mark Ingram, Knowshon Moreno, Beanie Wells, or Donald Brown in the first round.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, the fact that he's playing behind 5 legit NFL prospects on the OL makes looking at stats sort of misleading.

But the reason I wouldn't take him in the first round is the lack of long speed. If I'm spending a first round pick on a non-premium position, I want that guy to be a difference maker, and for an RB that involves hitting home runs from time to time when you get to the open field. Lacey's a solid singles hitter (he'll get you the yardage that's blocked), but he's not going to run away from people in the open field or make people miss in space so I wouldn't spend a first on him. First round picks are really valuable, and RB is a non-premium position so if I'm spending a first round pick on an RB then that guy has to have something really special about his game. Lacey's just "very good" but not special.

Full disclosure: I would also not take Mark Ingram, Knowshon Moreno, Beanie Wells, or Donald Brown in the first round.
I'll agree that a back picked in the first round should be able to make some big plays, but I think Lacy can make plenty of them. Looks to me like he's sure-fire 4.4's, low-mid 4.4's likely. Maybe even 4.3's, though as I said before he seems like he would perhaps be a little slow out of a 3-point. At the very least, on the field I think he looks better in many respect than Richardson. Point taken about the O-Line, but I think his physical tools shine through on tape enough to not consider that a huge problem.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a pretty easy thing to say after the fact...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree that a back picked in the first round should be able to make some big plays, but I think Lacy can make plenty of them. Looks to me like he's sure-fire 4.4's, low-mid 4.4's likely. Maybe even 4.3's, though as I said before he seems like he would perhaps be a little slow out of a 3-point. At the very least, on the field I think he looks better in many respect than Richardson. Point taken about the O-Line, but I think his physical tools shine through on tape enough to not consider that a huge problem.
He's not going run in the 4.3's...and I be shocked if he got in the high 4.4 or low 4.5 range. And even if he does how much would it actually change things? You just have to watch him to realize he's not a fast/dynamic back, I don't think running a fast 40 would change that. It was the same with Kendall Wright when he ran a 4.7 or something, cause he obviously wasn't a 4.7 guy.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He's not going run in the 4.3's...and I be shocked if he got in the high 4.4 or low 4.5 range. And even if he does how much would it actually change things? You just have to watch him to realize he's not a fast/dynamic back, I don't think running a fast 40 would change that. It was the same with Kendall Wright when he ran a 4.7 or something, cause he obviously wasn't a 4.7 guy.
I'd be shocked if he wasn't in that range, to be honest. And I think he's absolutely a dynamic back. He's agile even for someone not his size and very fluid. He's also way above his listed 220, making whatever speed, agility, etc he has more impressive.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is today the deadline to declare?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is today the deadline to declare?
Yes the deadline is today.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU LB Christian Jones is staying for another year. Good decision.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Thomas is coming back.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who are we waiting on?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dunno if its said yet officially but cierre wood, rb, notre dame has declared

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
So who are we waiting on?
Matthews and Lewan to come to their senses.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By my take the number of underclassmen stand around 76?

I am very curious to see how they shake out in the rankings. There is quite alot of depth this year at alot of positions.

It is really going to make the offseason workout proceses very interesting indeed.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Logan Thomas is coming back.
He will make a decent number 2 TE in the NFL in 2014
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He will make a decent number 2 TE in the NFL in 2014
He'd know what the QB was thinking, or not.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Ace Sanders apparently declared after all.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-15-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably a good decision by Ace Sanders.

Would be an bigger next year and very little if any room to improve stock.

Top 100 pick in my opinion.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He'd know what the QB was thinking, or not.
Only if his QB was Tim Tebow.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote