Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default At this point, what do we make of Peyton Manning's legacy?

Peyton Manning is 9-11 all time in the playoffs and has been one and done 8 times. Joe Flacco is 7-4 in his fifth year in the league. This isn't to paint a picture between those two specific players, but with Tom Brady now passing Joe Montana as the leader in career playoff wins, I think it's time to revisit the debate in terms of where Peyton Manning stands among the all time greats. There are those who believe he is the greatest quarterback of all time and this recent stint probably doesn't change that perception. And even though the entire season isn't over, Manning's is. So I'm curious to what people here think regarding his spot with everyone else. Now I'm sure not everyone has seen the all time greats play game after game after game Sunday to Sunday, but if you have some idea then please voice your opinion.

For me, Manning's memorable moments are mostly bad ones. I still say he's one of the all time greats of course, but if we're talking maybe Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks or top five just within the Super Bowl era, I don't know if he goes on that list. It's really hard for me to put him there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest regular season qb of all time. Ok playoff qb. Overall still a top 5 qb of all time.

Just not as good as Brady. Who might be the greatest qb of all time if he wins another Super Bowl.

This last loss wasn't his fault though. Not entirely at least.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Montana
Unitas
Brady
Elway
Young

That's my list. And in no specific order, just more so an overall group. Peyton Manning is right on the outside for me. I think Brees could join that list very soon.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame Peyton for Raheem Moore's failure. Manning is 9-11 in the playoffs while Flacco is 7-4, therefore Flacco is a much better QB than Manning. The rest of the team makes no difference in the outcome of a game, only the QB matters.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Peyton deserves to be on top of Young for sure. The rest is up for debate. How far back do we go? Does Otto Graham belong in there? It's tough to say.

For me it's:

Montana
Brady
Unitas
Elway
Peyton
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Greatest regular season qb of all time. Ok playoff qb. Overall still a top 5 qb of all time.

Just not as good as Brady. Who might be the greatest qb of all time if he wins another Super Bowl.

This last loss wasn't his fault though. Not entirely at least.
Always been my favorite player. Immortal Regular season QB, who probably wins his 5th MVP. But come playoff time, I don't want him to be my QB.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you compare a QB from today to a QB like Unitas? I'm not even convinced Unitas would make it in today's NFL. When Unitas played the lineman were the size of modern kindergarteners.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
How do you compare a QB from today to a QB like Unitas? I'm not even convinced Unitas would make it in today's NFL. When Unitas played the lineman were the size of modern kindergarteners.
I can make a strong case for the opposite. Current quarterbacks wouldn't survive that era.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Montana
Brady
Unitas
Brady
Elway
Young

That's my list. And in no specific order, just more so an overall group. Peyton Manning is right on the outside for me. I think Brees could join that list very soon.
Any reason why you have Brady on that list twice?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady and Montana should be 1 and 2 (the order is debatable) and Manning should be 3rd (at most, 4th, if you really like Elway I think). Marino would definitely be my 5th, but I guess I might just not value rings as much as everyone else. I know Young is probably more deserving in most people's eyes, but I really think Marino was awesome.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I have no idea how anyone has Steve Young on a greatest of all time list at all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh it gets harder and harder for me to argue Manning > Brady. All I have to rely on now is Brady is yet to win a super bowl without an elite defensive unit and the golden foot of Adam Vinatieri.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Brady and Montana should be 1 and 2 (the order is debatable) and Manning should be 3rd (at most, 4th, if you really like Elway I think). Marino would definitely be my 5th, but I guess I might just not value rings as much as everyone else. I know Young is probably more deserving in most people's eyes, but I really think Marino was awesome.
I'm torn who I should rate higher, Marino or Favre. I think both of them are right there at 6 and 7 respectively.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good number of those playoff losses were not his fault. He had some bogus defenses for a good amount of his time in Indy. The guy's had playoff games where his team got bounced despite him putting up a passer rating in the nineties...meanwhile, we've got some super bowl winners who crapped the bed and got carried to rings. I know it's fun to say LOL MANNING ONE AND DONE, but how can I hate on a guy when his team allows 38 points or whatever? Wins and losses are not individual stats. Using them as such is just plain ridiculous.

I still have him as the greatest QB in NFL history right now, but if Brady ends up being productive for two years after Manning stops, he'll probably get bumped down to #2.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be way too much work to go through the stats but it seems to me that perhaps Marino and Fouts need to in the same group as Manning. Manning has simply not performed well in the playoffs (even his SB win was not exactly a offense juggernaut) and at least Marino and Fouts could claim their defenses sucked most of their careers. Marino didn't even have an effective RB most of his career. No doubt, zero doubt that Montano and Brady are the top two. Bradshaw won 4 SB's but Jon Kitna could have done that with those Steeler teams, Bradshaw was a moron. BTW - imagine if Archie Manning was on the 70's Steelers teams.

End of the day, Manning cannot be in the top tier simply because he has choked in the playoffs too many times.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
It would be way too much work to go through the stats but it seems to me that perhaps Marino and Fouts need to in the same group as Manning. Manning has simply not performed well in the playoffs (even his SB win was not exactly a offense juggernaut) and at least Marino and Fouts could claim their defenses sucked most of their careers. Marino didn't even have an effective RB most of his career. No doubt, zero doubt that Montano and Brady are the top two. Bradshaw won 4 SB's but Jon Kitna could have done that with those Steeler teams, Bradshaw was a moron. BTW - imagine if Archie Manning was on the 70's Steelers teams.

End of the day, Manning cannot be in the top tier simply because he has choked in the playoffs too many times.
Last year, we had one of those stupid Manning vs Brady threads that had the actual numbers done up all pretty like. Manning's career playoff passer rating and Brady's career playoff passer rating were pretty damned close.

You can't bash Manning for being a choker in the playoffs for what he did in 2000 against Miami and then call Brady clutch because of Super Bowl XXXVI and his ridiculous MVP win for it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Peyton deserves to be on top of Young for sure. The rest is up for debate. How far back do we go? Does Otto Graham belong in there? It's tough to say.

For me it's:

Montana
Brady
Unitas
Elway
Peyton
Anyone that has played post merger. I suppose I would include Unitas who was around at the time of the merger, but was clearly at the end of his career. Otherwise I include Graham and maybe a few others.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Any reason why you have Brady on that list twice?
No just a typo. I'll fix it.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I refuse rank a QB purely based on Super Bowls and playoff wins. Sure it must factored in but there are SO many other things that have to go right for you to be successful in the playoffs and to win rings.

I hate using hypotheticals but if Manning has Billichick and his defense does he win more Super Bowls than Brady? Does Brady have similar success with the Colts horrid defense?

It's hard to say but I can't be too harsh on Manning. He won a super bowl and has gotten his team to the playoffs almost every single year he's been in the league. The year the Colts don't have him they put up the worst record in the NFL.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
A good number of those playoff losses were not his fault. He had some bogus defenses for a good amount of his time in Indy. The guy's had playoff games where his team got bounced despite him putting up a passer rating in the nineties...meanwhile, we've got some super bowl winners who crapped the bed and got carried to rings. I know it's fun to say LOL MANNING ONE AND DONE, but how can I hate on a guy when his team allows 38 points or whatever? Wins and losses are not individual stats. Using them as such is just plain ridiculous.

I still have him as the greatest QB in NFL history right now, but if Brady ends up being productive for two years after Manning stops, he'll probably get bumped down to #2.
True. Those are good points. It's difficult to find a common ground between the variables of teamwork and the all time great quarterbacks. But to me, if we're just talking best quarterbacks of all time...well I feel like if glorify just a certain player like a lot of people seem to do, then if they fail the burden also must fall on their shoulders.

Regarding Manning, I just can't remember that many times in the playoffs where he played so well all the way through the playoffs earning a Super Bowl. Even if we nitpick, his Super Bowl run in 2006 was not that impressive. I will say that in that year's AFC Championship game, he did shine against the Patriots and took control of his opportunity. That is the one game where he really lived up to expectations. The Bears were probably one of the worst Super Bowl teams in the last 20 years that season...maybe alongside the 1994 Chargers or something. The Colts probably win that game 7/10 times. I'm sure people will point to this thrashing of the Broncos in 2003 and 2004 along with the Chiefs, but other than those games...well, I mean he's lost to some opponents that the Colts essentially had no business of losing to. For whatever reason, the offenses under his guidance just collapsed. That 1999 Divisional game against the Titans I remember in detail. Or that game against the Steelers in 2005. Both at home. Or getting stomped 41-0 to the New York Jets in 2002. Obviously not all the losses are blamed on just his shoulders, but there are some quarterbacks that just rise to the occasion and dominate despite whatever circumstances there are. 4x NFL MVP and in the running for 5x, but a lackluster resume in the postseason it seems. Just comes off as weird to me.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Meh, I refuse rank a QB purely based on Super Bowls and playoff wins. Sure it must factored in but there are SO many other things that have to go right for you to be successful in the playoffs and to win rings.

I hate using hypotheticals but if Manning has Billichick and his defense does he win more Super Bowls than Brady? Does Brady have similar success with the Colts horrid defense?

It's hard to say but I can't be too harsh on Manning. He won a super bowl and has gotten his team to the playoffs almost every single year he's been in the league. The year the Colts don't have him they put up the worst record in the NFL.
True. The Colts had some mediocre to bad defenses in the 2000's, but they also had some decent ones. I mean, enough for Manning and company to dominate as they usually did.

As far as the switch up, I honestly don't know. Maybe Brady still does get those three rings. Maybe he doesn't get one. A lot of the playoff exits I remember regarding Manning is that he either didn't make enough big plays like he did most of the time in the regular season and/or he threw an interception, held on to the ball and got sacked, etc. I'm sure in a lot of those games there might have been protection problems, receivers just didn't get open, whatever. Regardless, it's been a continuing theme for over a decade. He had another chance against New Orleans a few years ago, but for instance, that pick six was bad, but not necessarily his fault.

It's just weird, because you don't hear excuses being made for Jim Kelly or Warren Moon's playoff blunders.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-16-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's an insult to Tom Brady to even be compared to Peyton Manning.

Peyton never has been a clutch or pressure QB. It's the one weakness in his game and it's huge. He's never been that guy despite all his gifts who's been able to elevate inconsistent play by his teammates around him and pull out a win.

Peyton is a superstar because of his record breaking stats, I just wouldn't want him to be my QB if my team was in the playoffs.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He out Marino'd Marino by actually getting a ring out of those defense-optional teams his mediocre GM built around him. I think Peyton's a top 5 all time QB with Unitas, Montana, Brady and Elway, in no particular order.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like even looking at playoff records. Look at how many Super Bowl wins they have, how many Super Bowl appearances they have, maybe even conference championship game appearances, but don't look at playoff record.

You're going to get a playoff loss every you don't win the Super Bowl. Manning's 11 playoff losses means that he's been to the playoffs 12 times. That's a very good thing. A 9-11 record can be much better than say 5-3 (Jake Delhomme), even though the win percentage is a lot lower.

Plus Manning has lead his teams to a playoff bye several times. He could have a couple more wins had he gotten to beat up on wildcard teams in the opening round. But instead he lead his team to a good enough record in the regular season that they got to advance to the divisional round automatically.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

THe one season Bradshaw didn't play the Steelers didn't win the SB.
Bradshaw was one of the great players on those Steelers teams, not some bum along for the ride.

When the Steelers played an equal juggernaut from the 1970s in the Dallas Cowboys, it was obvious that Bradshaw was among the best players on those Steelers SB teams. It sucks the way people bash Bradshaw's career and pretend the Steelers were winning all their games by shutouts.