Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davante Adams really impressed me a couple of times while I was channel-surfing and caught a chunk of the SMU-Fresno State bowl game. Did a little digging, and saw that the guy making circus catches and wearing no. 15 was just a freshman, but had posted 102 catches for 1312 yards and 14 TDs on the year, with 11 of those catches for 144 yards coming in the SMU game. At 6'2" 200 I figured Fresno State had landed a 5-Star prospect or something, but scout.com only had him at 2.

I felt like I was watching an NFL player when I saw him, was surprised to see he was only a freshman, and even more surprised when I learned he hadn't been highly sought-after. So he gets a mention from me here. I'll be keeping my eye on him.

EDIT: Having looked at his profile, he is a redshirt freshman. So there's that.

Also - wasn't highly recruited probably because he only broke out as a senior in high school, posting 64 catches for 1094 yards and 12 TDs after only 29 for 484 and 7 as a junior. Was also a 2-star basketball recruit, a testament to his overall athleticism, and his Fresno state profile says he runs a 4.48 and has a 42" vertical. Kid looked way legit to me.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-28-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowl season
Was not able to watch them all, but here are a few players that stood out to me minus the obvious ones.

*Austin Seferian-Jenkins SOPH TE Washington: To me pretty much put his name in place as the #1 tight end prospect in the nation next year. Such a physically impressive kid, amazing size and is getting better with every game.

*Damian Swann SOPH CB Georgia: What a star ball hawk, cannot get enough confident aggressive corners and his ball skills and big play potential is something special. Should be an absolute star next year, great looking corner.

*DeVonte Holloman SR OLB South Carolina: Played one heck of a game and in one heck of a prospect, be it at SS or at OLB, he can play. His versatility as a possible 4/3 OLB in pass coverage is something that could make him a possible 2nd or 3rd round pick I think.

*Trayion Durham SOPH RB Kent State: Beast running back, big kid, moves well and is one heck of a one two punch with Archer. Very interesting big back to watch out for next year.

*Rashaan Melvin SR CB Northern Illinois: Very nice late round prospect, big kid, tall, can run and tackles aggressively. Could be a fine pickup for any NFL team and should easily be drafted.

*Amari Cooper FR WR Alabama: In the biggest games he played about as good as you can get. Was such a threat down field for them, really opened up the offense and showed fine quickness and hands. Could make the argument he was the 2nd most impressive freshman receiver in the nation this year.

*Denard Robinson SR RB/WR Michigan: Someone possibly made himself a lot of money in that bowl game. What a weapon he was as a running back, and what a great way to use his talents. Turned a lot of heads with what he did and increased his value from just a receiver to now possibly a running back as well. Did not go out on top but will be remembered for his production on the field.

*Jonathan Stewart SR ILB Texas A&M: Very big inside linebacker prospect, could be an absolutely great fit for a 3/4 defense. Really good size, good athlete and is a decent pass rusher at times too, could be a sleeper prospect come draft time.

*Dylan Thompson SOPH QB South Carolina: What a gamer, has great confidence and throws the ball with such touch and direction. Should do great things next year for the Gamecocks.

*Jeoffrey Pagan SOPH DL Alabama: Beast inside, such a wide body, hard to move him out of there. Will be the next in a long line of fine Bama defensive lineman.

*Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix SOPH FS Alabama: Had a nice Championship game, made very good plays on the ball and reacted well. Should be the next in line at that safety position for Bama next year.

*Thomas Niles FR DE UCF: Really liked how he played, stayed low to the ground, gave good pass rush off the edge and played with fine intensity.

*Jordan Zumwalt JR LB UCLA: Love his aggressive play, really into the game, made tackles all over the field and showed very good toughness. Will be one to watch for next season.

*Breshad Perriman FR WR UCF: Good big play ability, nice speed and is one to look out for on UCF come next season.

*Jamal-Rashad Patterson SR WR Stanford: Nothing amazing about him as a receiver but as an athlete wow, what a physically impressive kid. Is simply huge, has massive legs and arms, could be a possible position change in line for him if he has some good workouts.

*Jordan Richards SOPH FS Stanford: Like his toughness and willingness to tackle like many of the Stanford defensive backs. Good player and come become a fine safety.

*Jaron Odom SR OT Louisiana Lafayette: Nothing amazing but he is a big kid, plays well on his feet and should see his name called come draft day.

*Martel Moore SR WR Northern Illinois: One of the few playmakers on their offense, is a long shot at being drafted but has potential and decent ability as a pass catcher.

A ton of good players came about this season, will be fun to watch how they all perform next year with increased expectations.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Davante Adams really impressed me a couple of times while I was channel-surfing and caught a chunk of the SMU-Fresno State bowl game. Did a little digging, and saw that the guy making circus catches and wearing no. 15 was just a freshman, but had posted 102 catches for 1312 yards and 14 TDs on the year, with 11 of those catches for 144 yards coming in the SMU game. At 6'2" 200 I figured Fresno State had landed a 5-Star prospect or something, but scout.com only had him at 2.

I felt like I was watching an NFL player when I saw him, was surprised to see he was only a freshman, and even more surprised when I learned he hadn't been highly sought-after. So he gets a mention from me here. I'll be keeping my eye on him.

EDIT: Having looked at his profile, he is a redshirt freshman. So there's that.

Also - wasn't highly recruited probably because he only broke out as a senior in high school, posting 64 catches for 1094 yards and 12 TDs after only 29 for 484 and 7 as a junior. Was also a 2-star basketball recruit, a testament to his overall athleticism, and his Fresno state profile says he runs a 4.48 and has a 42" vertical. Kid looked way legit to me.
Adams reminds me a lot of Stevie Johnson.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote