Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 ATH/Multipurpose Players Thread

Figure there ought to be a thread for the players "without true positions" in the pros who will nonetheless provide a lot of value to their teams, whether as special teams standouts or player who get worked into a variety of packages offensively or defensively to capitalize on their unique skillsets. I'm also going to include players who will clearly be viewed as "athlete" prospects and will be projected to another position in the NFL.

I have a few in mind, but there are surely many more:

MarQueis Gray, Minnesota - 6'4" 250 est. 4.60

Was regarded as one of the premier dual-threat QB prospects in the nation coming out of high school. Played both QB and WR for the Gophers, with his most prolific season being his junior year, where he started at quarterback and passed for 1495 yards and ran for almost a thousand. The season before that he was second on the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns as a wide receiver. He has very good movement skills for how big he is - it goes without saying that you rarely see a 250-lb wide receiver. My eyeball test wants him to play tight end, but I have no idea what kind of blocker he is. He was replaced at QB this year but was again playing in a reserve role at QB instead of going back to a receiving position, so he's most likely going to be a bit of a project. The triangle numbers alone scream TIGHT END to me and make me think of other big-bodied athletes who've come into the league without a lot of experience at the position but have a natural physical advantage over the defenders who have to cover them.

Tavon Austin, West Virginia - 5'9" 175 est. 4.40

Most people will just say he's a wide receiver, and that's fair enough, but seeing him line up at running back late in the season this year was eye-opening for me. It made me think that he could have a future in the NFL doing a lot more than just catching passes. Simply as a wide receiver prospect, he's undersized and isn't known for making spectacular catches. It's not that his hands are bad but that his forte is running in the open field. He's going to be a few notches down on my list of perimeter wide receivers, but he's my no. 2 prospect at the position you'd get if you pooled players like Percy Harvin, Dexter McCluster, Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles and Randall Cobb together and named it.

Denard Robinson, Michigan - 5'11" 200 est. 4.40

One of my absolute favorite players in this draft, I see him being primarily a running back, or at least will be listed as a running back on a roster, but will contribute by running the ball, catching passes, returning kicks and running the wildcat as often as his future coach likes. He's my no. 1 in the aforementioned category of utility offensive players. I like him more than I liked Reggie Bush. Seems like a really down-to-earth, hardworking player and you never see him in the news except for his highlight reels. I like that a lot, and his cutups are as jaw-dropping as anybody's. Even moreso than with Tavon Austin, Denard's late-season work at running back left little doubt in my mind that he will be able to run the ball effectively in the NFL.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson definitely gives off Josh Cribbs vibes but with better straight line speed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do people think of Theo Riddick? Is there anything there?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tavon played primarily in the slot at wvu

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett Jones is good for all offensive line spots.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

How about Tyrann Matheiu? Does anyone think he'll stick at a particular position? He strikes me as a miniature strong safety, but he's even smaller than Bob Sanders and we all know how that turned out.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
What do people think of Theo Riddick? Is there anything there?
I love Theo, I took him in our forum mock. Next Kevin Faulk.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collin Klein?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Collin Klein?
What do you think he is? 3-4 OLB? The next Aldon Smith?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you think he is? 3-4 OLB? The next Aldon Smith?
WHAT?????? Klein weighed in at 6'4" like 218....he's just nothing anywhere.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
WHAT?????? Klein weighed in at 6'4" like 218....he's just nothing anywhere.
Joke. I think I agree. He's too small to be a tight end, too slow to be a wide receiver. He's a good fit for what he does in college, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a job for him in the NFL.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might get a look from a team looking to implement some kind of read option set since no doubt some new teams will be looking to give it a try at least in doses but now will also be looking for a guy who can take some hits not just any running QB. Also any chance Logan Thomas moves back to TE or is he strictly a QB prospect? He definitely has the size and throwing motion of an NFL QB but I dont think he'll ever develop the QB intangibles to even stick as a backup. He's not a better QB than Andre Woodson. Whoops my bad forgot he's just a junior, but I guess future talk he's 6-6" 260.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 01-16-2013 at 02:01 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He might get a look from a team looking to implement some kind of read option set since no doubt some new teams will be looking to give it a try at least in doses but now will also be looking for a guy who can take some hits not just any running QB. Also any chance Logan Thomas moves back to TE or is he strictly a QB prospect? He definitely has the size and throwing motion of an NFL QB but I dont think he'll ever develop the QB intangibles to even stick as a backup. He's not a better QB than Andre Woodson. Whoops my bad forgot he's just a junior, but I guess future talk he's 6-6" 260.
Logan's got a top 3 arm in football. Someone will try to make him work as a QB.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Logan's got a top 3 arm in football.
I'm kind of curious what you mean by this. Are you just talking about arm strength, or overall talent as an amalgamation of placement, anticipation, touch and velocity?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm kind of curious what you mean by this. Are you just talking about arm strength, or overall talent as an amalgamation of placement, anticipation, touch and velocity?
Pure, unadulterated arm strength.

(and anticipation has nothing to do with 'arm')
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
(and anticipation has nothing to do with 'arm')
Sure it does. Smoothness of transition from decision to release. If you're using 'arm' to mean 'throwing ability,' then you might as well add how well he throws to a moving target. There's more than one kind of accuracy, and I think anticipation on throws is more muscle-intuitive than cerebral. That's pretty much my original question anyways, though - what you meant by having the best arm.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson is going to play at WR for the senior bowl so we will get to see how he fairs there for the week. Maybe they give him some RB work too if the scouts express interest in that. Can his body handle NFL RB carries? My impression is that he was beat up & injured quite a bit in college. I just seem to remember him not finishing games.

I don't see him like Cribbs. Cribbs just seems thicker. Is he similar to maybe a Antwaan Randle El? Similar size, both could be NFL utility players, college QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sleeper - Greg Jenkins - QB at Alabama State, but runs well. Has drawn some interest from the CFL - might be better to sign him as a undrafted free agent than spend a 3rd/4th rounder on Denard.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Denard Robinson is going to play at WR for the senior bowl so we will get to see how he fairs there for the week. Maybe they give him some RB work too if the scouts express interest in that. Can his body handle NFL RB carries? My impression is that he was beat up & injured quite a bit in college. I just seem to remember him not finishing games.

I don't see him like Cribbs. Cribbs just seems thicker. Is he similar to maybe a Antwaan Randle El? Similar size, both could be NFL utility players, college QBs.
It's true he's had some injury problems. I'm looking forward to seeing him catch passes, too. Is he going to be returning any kicks?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randall Mackey from Ole Miss. He might be our only draftable prospect but he will latch on somewhere. Was our starting QB in 2011 and this year was moved to a RB/WR role. Is a dynamic athlete who is just scratching the surface of what he can do because he had been playing QB for so long. Has good size/speed and just makes plays. He will be playing for someone in this league.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
seamase
Rookie

seamase hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hi that's a great information.
seamase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamase View Post
Hi that's a great information.
I thank to you.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about Tyrann Matheiu? Does anyone think he'll stick at a particular position? He strikes me as a miniature strong safety, but he's even smaller than Bob Sanders and we all know how that turned out.
The only position I see him sticking at in the NFL is in handcuffs. He'll have more arrests than interceptions in his career and he'll be out of the league in three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I love Theo, I took him in our forum mock. Next Kevin Faulk.
Riddick I think could get as high as the 4th Round. I think some OC will love the ability to use him in the slot and in the backfield in 3rd down situations where he can succeed in both. I wouldn't mind him for the Bears.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote