Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't see anything you said as that inflammatory or ridiculous. Not popular opinion perhaps, but all 4 of those might not be incorrect. And it is early January, lots to change and manipulate.

I give Kiper a hell of a lot of credit for what he did for the draft and give him a ton of credit to not just take it easy and spout popular platitudes about players and mock/rank as such. He still goes outside the box, and I don't think that should be ridiculed. I'd much rather read a unique mock than the usual picks for every team that is barely right by the end of it. Just my opinion, and if you look at his early January mock and April mock they are NOTHING alike. That doesn't make him out of touch, that shows change and more information.
The Warmack as he is a great player and would fit a need, but that is kind of a luxury pick. Not flaming that one so much but he said it himself, a guard hasn't been picked in the top 10 since 1997. I am not saying it won't happen this year, but I don't think it will be by a team like Arizona that has a lot of other needs. Correct me if I am wrong but every QB is on the board when the Cards pick Warmack. I understand some people think Kolb will pan out or be back, but don't you think if every QB is on the board AZ would take one? At this stage of the process I certainly do.

I respect him bringing publicity to the draft as well. I don't dislike Mel at all and I appreciate peple who are willing to go against the grain, but I just found some of those statements to be off.

I like Alec Ogletree more than most, but he was not the best player on the field during the SECCG. He had that return that showed off his crazy speed for his size, but he did not have that great of a game as far as being a linebacker goes. Playing ILB against Bama is no easy task as we have seen a few times this year, but using that as a handicap doesn't bump his performance up to being the best player in the game. Not even close. He showed off some impressive long speed and had an OK game but he was simply not the most impressive player in that game.

The Joeckel selection doesn't make sense because of Brandon Albert being there and the other linemen they have invested high picks in, which kind of makes moving him to another position stupid. It doesn't make sense for the Chiefs to do that. Maybe if Kiper put a note in there saying "I don't think Brandon Albert will be back next year" or something like that, maybe then it would make some sense as far as the mock is concerned (not for the Chiefs, don't worry KC fans) but he didn't.

Werner to JJ Watt? Sure, OK, if you must then go with that comparison. They both can get to the QB but they are very different players besides that.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote