Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could imagine the warroom in Carolina too. They were like

"Well we like both of the Giants candidates, but how do we know which one to choose?"

"Ross is black sir"

"Hmmm. I think we'll go with Gettleman"
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I could imagine the warroom in Carolina too. They were like

"Well we like both of the Giants candidates, but how do we know which one to choose?"

"Ross is black sir"

"Hmmm. I think we'll go with Gettleman"
Normally I'd agree but since Accorsi was running the search I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one since he hired Reese.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know. I was just being humorous.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, well that's good news. Fortunately for us the Jets are a terrible organization who could have had Ross if they got rid of their fool of a head coach.
Ya i agree. Ross would've been the Giants loss and the Jets gain
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you were but the sad thing is that I'm sure their has been conversations like that in NFL offices.

I know I was shocked when I found out Reese and Ross were black. I had no idea that was the case when Accorsi announced his retirement.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know you were but the sad thing is that I'm sure their has been conversations like that in NFL offices.

I know I was shocked when I found out Reese and Ross were black. I had no idea that was the case when Accorsi announced his retirement.
Yeah, I was shocked as well. It's not like they have the stereotypical black names, like Jaquain or Jamarcus. I mean, Jerry Reese sounds like an old white dude, and Marc Ross sounds like a sort of *** waiter at a high-end restaurant, lol.

But I'm kind of glad they are black. It shows progress in the world, and it shows that the Giants as an organization will get the best guy for the job, no matter their ethnicity.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Bob Griffin and the spread option is in Washington.

Now we have Chip Kelly in Philadelphia.

If there ever was a time to switch up from our philosophy and get fast linebackers who can cover the middle of the field, now is the time to do it. If we continue to put slow linebackers in our defense and just rely on the DL and secondary to make things happen, we're in for a world of hurt in our own division.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
As a going away present to us since he'll definitely get a job next year, Ross should take this draft and get us a starter with every pick including multiple Pro Bowlers and even 1 HOF. It's the least he can do for us.
And if he doesn't get a GM job after doing that, he'll just give up and stay JR's lifelong second hand.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Bob Griffin and the spread option is in Washington.

Now we have Chip Kelly in Philadelphia.

If there ever was a time to switch up from our philosophy and get fast linebackers who can cover the middle of the field, now is the time to do it. If we continue to put slow linebackers in our defense and just rely on the DL and secondary to make things happen, we're in for a world of hurt in our own division.
Yeah I wonder how much this affects what the FO does. Certainly interesting and a new wrinkle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, no need to switch our philosophy too much. Get to the QB and defend the pass. That's our bread and butter and will work against any offense.

That said, Fewell will probably play zone all day and we'll get picked apart. Can't do much about that though.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

And that's the problem. You can't be a good zone defense without linebackers. I know you guys want to avoid the linebacker position but we have to start addressing it.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my hope, and perhaps this is foolish, is that we will dump Fewell in the near future. I don't want to draft a bunch of speedy, undersized LB's and then switch defensive coordinators where they are then irrelevant.

Linebacker is a big need, but I'm more interested in addressing the critical positions. We've won two Super Bowls with average to below average LB's. You don't need great LB's to win. If our team had less holes to fill on defense I would be happy to grab a LB early. We don't have that luxury.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Lovie Smith missed out on a HC job, seems unlikely to take a DC job and wants to be a head coach in 2014 (he is still getting paid from Chicago).

I wonder if Lovie Smith would be interested in a one year assistant Head Coach deal much like Dick Lebeau did in 2003 in Buffalo after getting fired from Cincinnati.

Smith has worked with Fewell in the past and would be of particular help tweaking Fewell's schemes and working on our key areas of need like linebackers. It also would subtley put Fewell on notice that he has to perfom while keeping with the Giants tradition of being patient and loyal to staff.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well my hope, and perhaps this is foolish, is that we will dump Fewell in the near future. I don't want to draft a bunch of speedy, undersized LB's and then switch defensive coordinators where they are then irrelevant.

Linebacker is a big need, but I'm more interested in addressing the critical positions. We've won two Super Bowls with average to below average LB's. You don't need great LB's to win. If our team had less holes to fill on defense I would be happy to grab a LB early. We don't have that luxury.
I really think we would probably be ok with one good speedy MLB
sure we can look at depth, particularly if great value slipped to us.

I expect we will bring Rivers back cheaply and with Williams and Paysinger we have a decent group of young athletic OLBs.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Speedy linebackers will always have a place on our defense bc we're sticking with the 4-3 for a long while. As long as JPP is on this team, it will be a 4-3 defense.

So even if Fewell is gone, good linebackers will have a place on this defense. Hell, good linebackers have a place in any system.

Look at guys like Daryl Washington or Bruce Carter. Both guys were thought to be exclusively 4-3 WILLs coming out and they're doing just fine in a 3-4 defense.

The truth is every defense is pretty much a 1 gap defense nowadays, even the 3-4 fronts. So it doesn't make a difference.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know who's a speedy linebacker?

Khaseem Greene.

boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We need a compliment to JWill. Not another version of him.

Ideally I want a Bobby Wagner type of MIKE in round 2 and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Minter or Brown, but I can't see them being worth 19 or there round 2 which makes me sad.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We need a compliment to JWill. Not another version of him.

Ideally I want a Bobby Wagner type of MIKE in round 2 and I'll be a happy camper.
Ideally yes MLB is the need, if Greene was the best player available we should consider it, Williams is an RFA after the season I believe and is a position we could upgrade. Either Greene or Williams might be able to flip to SLB in Fewell's system as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I want Minter or Brown, but I can't see them being worth 19 or there round 2 which makes me sad.
I think Brown is a chance to be there in the second round.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray horton left the Cardinals after they hired Arians. I want him soo bad. He's an awesome coordinator, and a future HC I think. I know it's not going to happen, but a man can dream.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! No SB for the Falcons! Sorry Smitty, that sucks for you!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I hate the 49ers fans but I was rooting for the 9ers because Smith is a douche bag.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha I hate both teams and in fact all 4 playoff teams left. However, this was an easy game to pick. Always against Coach Smith! This next game will be tough. I hate the Harbaughs, so I think I will go Pats.

Matty Ice was put on Ice in the second half!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain to me the why Mike Smith is a douche story? Cause I seem to have missed it and have no idea what everyone is talking about.