Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roflmfaooooooo
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Hey SuperPacker, you stole my thread! I started this one last year! Here it is http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48344

I went 1-5 last year. Hopefully I do better:

1. Blaine Gabbert shuts up a lot of his detractors. He puts up better numbers than Andrew Luck and leads Jacksonville to a better record than Indianapolis.

2. The New York Giants fail to make the playoffs.

3. Joe Flacco takes a HUGE step forward, finishing in the top-five of MVP voting, makes his first Pro Bowl, and leads Baltimore to the Super Bowl.

4. After losing five of their last seven, Andy Reid is fired (or resigns before getting fired) as coach of the Eagles.

5. Tim Tebow doesn't start a single game all year.

Homer: Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery both go over 1,000 yards receiving.
Eagles lost 6 of their last 7...I guess technically they lost 5 too
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The **** were people so in love with Reggie Bush?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Someone delete this thread. Quickly. Please.
How's that Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl working out for you? Don't feel bad. I picked the Ravens and Cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
1. Replacement refs will screw some team out of a win on week one and the NFL and referees will quickly come to an agreement

2. In a reverse of last year, no QB will pass for 5000 yards

3. MJD will not rush for 1000 yards but the Jags have a much better year than last year

4. The Bengals win the AFC North and Baltimore take a wildcard spot

5. The Packers make up for last year and make it to the Superbowl

Homer Corner: Chandler Jones wins DROTY with 9 sacks, 3FF and about 100 holding calls on OTs playing against him
1. It wasn't quite week one but the refs screwed the Packers and that ultimately led to the real refs coming bacl. I'm giving myself half a point for this

2. Passing was down but Drew Brees screwed me

3. MJD rushed for less than 1000 but the Jags sucked

4. Pretty close with this one. Called the Bengals and Ravens just the wrong way round

5. Still to be determined

Homer corner: Injury derailed what looked like a promising rookie season

Overall I wasn't too bad

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
1. Tim Tebow becomes the Jets starter before the World Series.
2. The Colts start off hot and will contend for a wild card spot.
3. Luke Kuechley will win DROY.
4. The Lions do not finish with a winning record.
5. To piggyback on AntoinCD's prediction. At least 15 games will be decided by bad calls from the replacement referees before October. This will create a lot of backlash from the fans.
Edit: Forgot my homer pick, the Bears will lead the NFC in rushing yards.
1. Should have but didn't
2. I should give myself half credit for the second part.
3. TBD
4. Bullseye
5. Once again, got the second part right, but too many games.
And was way off on the homer pick.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1) Matt Cassel leads the Chiefs to a shocking Superbowl victory.

2) Josh Freeman throws for 4,000+ yards, with a QBR of 95+ and wins the NFC South.

3) Reggie Bush leads the league in rushing yards.

4) Mark Sanchez has his best year so far carrying the team to the playoffs. Which leads too...

5) Tebow gets traded back to the Denver Broncos, after Manning leads them to a worse record than with Tebow the previous year.

HOMER: DJ Smith gets voted to the pro-bowl.

Try and get more bold than that!
wow.

1-chiefs get #1 pick, cassell benched for quinn
2- Freeman plays so-so, Bucs dissapoint
3- bush plays good, nowhere near rushing title
4-Sanchez gets benched for McCelroy, not tebow, who is gonna get traded to jax
5- Broncos go 13-3 with Manning

DJ Smith=out for the year early

lolz
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Hey SuperPacker, you stole my thread! I started this one last year! Here it is http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48344

I went 1-5 last year. Hopefully I do better:

1. Blaine Gabbert shuts up a lot of his detractors. He puts up better numbers than Andrew Luck and leads Jacksonville to a better record than Indianapolis.

2. The New York Giants fail to make the playoffs.

3. Joe Flacco takes a HUGE step forward, finishing in the top-five of MVP voting, makes his first Pro Bowl, and leads Baltimore to the Super Bowl.

4. After losing five of their last seven, Andy Reid is fired (or resigns before getting fired) as coach of the Eagles.

5. Tim Tebow doesn't start a single game all year.

Homer: Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery both go over 1,000 yards receiving.
pretty good. except the blaine gabbert thing. flacco took a step, but not a huge one. but you nailed 3 of em
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
-The Bears win the Super Bowl after their hard-nosed running game, combined with Cutler proving to be near elite, gets them a dangerous offense to combine with Peppers, Urlacher and the rest of the great defense.

-The Ravens also make the Super Bowl, but loses the first ever Super Bowl overtime game to the Bears.

- The Chargers finish last in AFC West.

-The Broncos gets 12+ wins this year.

-The Dolphins avoids a losing record.

Homer pick: JPP beats the single season sack record
1: Well, that prediction failed. The Bears were in playoff contention at least, so it wouldn't be totally out of the question that they could win the SB if they made it into the tournament

2: Ravens are still alive, and can still get to the SB and lose in OT. Just not to the Bears. And it's not likely they even make it to New Orleans.

3: Horrible. I seriously underestimated the suckage of the Chiefs and Raiders, and the Chargers, although bad, were not THAT bad this season.

4: Yay, a correct prediction! Probably not the boldest of predictions, but people did have serious concerns about Peytons neck and the rest of that team.

5: Only one game away on this prediction. Close, but no cigar.

Homer: Well, it's called a homer pick for a reason. JPP had a much worse season than last year. I thought he would continue trending upwards. Oh well, this will be my bold prediction next year as well!

Total: 1/6, although a few more were pretty close to being accurate.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Adrian Peterson makes super human comeback and leads the league in rushing (bush leads in yards from scrimmage)

Peyton Manning doesnt walk out of game one a healthy man after being obliterated by the steelers, he then misses the rest of the season (homer)

Dwayne Bowe leads WRs in TD catchs since hes playing for a pay day

Colts win 8 games :-)
ill take 2/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Adrian Peterson makes super human comeback and leads the league in rushing (bush leads in yards from scrimmage)

Colts win 8 games :-)
Damn, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.

edit: Creepy, we basically copied and pasted the same thing at the same time.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
1. Aaron Hernandez has a statistically better year than Rob Gronkowski

2. The Baltimore Ravens will not make the playoffs

3. Mark Sanchez will not finish the 2012 season as the starting QB for the New York Jets

4. Peyton Manning will throw for less than 4,000 yards

5. The Washington Redskins will finish with a winning record
Ugh... 2/5 isn't exactly great, but I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread...
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Ugh... 2/5 isn't exactly great, but I'll take it.
I think you only got one right.

Gronkowski had a better statistical year, the Ravens made the playoffs, Sanchez started and finished the Jets' last game, and Manning blew the 4k mark away.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez only started the last game due to an injury to McElroy. I'll give him that one.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote