Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Perhaps he was embarrassed to admit that he found his girlfriend on the internet and that they had never met in person? Can you imagine the headlines and jokes that would have elicited even if she turned out to be real. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Like I said, I am waiting for someone to provide a logical motive.
I dont think there would be any.
Hell, it is in movies now, TV shows etc.
Christ there is a commercial every other break for a different one.

I have a cousin who met his wife on eHarmony I think. 5+ years later they have two kids and are doing fine. not that anyone even cared how they met in the first place.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps he was embarrassed to admit that he found his girlfriend on the internet and that they had never met in person? Can you imagine the headlines and jokes that would have elicited even if she turned out to be real. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

What's the logical motive for him being near the point of marriage with a girl he's never met, all the while being a star football player?

And what's your opinion that if he found out about it on the 26th, he continued to act as if it were true up until today?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sarah Beattie ‏@nachosarah
ugh always a bridesmaid never an imaginary dead girlfriend

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The ridiculous amount of publicity, endorsement deals and money that could come from this isn't logical enough motive for you?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Theory is this was a hoax to cover up his ****-sexuality. We'll just have to wait on this one and find out the truth.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Manti's family asked him about if he met any girls at ND

Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I humbly submit for your consideration an entirely different scenario, hitherto unmentioned:

Manti is ***. His friend from California who made up the chick is actually his boyfriend. The fake girl is an online persona he's been using for some time to hit on straight men. When he and Manti get themselves into a real, *** relationship, the online persona is repurposed as Manti's beard so that he never has to answer questions about why he's not dipping his dingaling into all of the adoring coeds at Notre Dame. In time, one or the other says that they're tired of going through the trouble, but still don't want the truth to come out and ruin Manti's draft stock. They invent the death because it gets plenty of press for Manti as a straight guy. Manti gets to use the "oh, I'm still in love with my dead girlfriend" line for years in the future whenever anyone questions why he's been single for so long.

Everything that is said by Manti's father is lies fed to him by his son who is afraid that his family, coming from a socially conservative culture, will not accept him.

Suck on that, DC (pun intended)! I'm a goddamned genius!

Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So, rather than being a little embarrassed and say she was never real he says she dies of cancer and makes a huge deal about it? That seems logical. He's talked about her FAMILY that never existed. If nothing else, he has some big issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If it was just someone pretending to be girl he met at the Stanford game, then why did he think she was calling/texting from a different number than the one she gave him?
Couldn't really say. Anyways you look at this, the guy is really dumb, mentally ill or a fraud. Maybe all three.
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Manti Teo is interested, maybe Casey Anthony is still single...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't say you fell asleep listening to her breathe on the phone while she had leukemia and was in the hospital from a tragic car crash because you got catfished. that's beyond ****** up. seriously. and hype it up so much and play off the sympathy. from a dead made up girlfriend. come on now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty, I would think less of Te'o if he was the victim of this hoax than if he made it up. You date a girl for three years and never meet or even video chat? Then, while she is in the hospital with cancer, you never visit her?
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
My Theory is this was a hoax to cover up his ****-sexuality. We'll just have to wait on this one and find out the truth.
I wouldn't be completely surprised, to be honest. I'm not going to actively say the explanation is that he's ***, but he seems to be a very religious man from a very religious background, he may have some issues from trying to deal with his own sexuality. But we'll see.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What's the logical motive for him being near the point of marriage with a girl he's never met, all the while being a star football player?

And what's your opinion that if he found out about it on the 26th, he continued to act as if it were true up until today?
The guy is Tebowesque. He and his family are guilty of playing up an online relationship to make it seem more legitimate. As the perpetrators continued it, they needed an out when they recognized how completely duped he was and came up with the, she died. Agreed it makes his poor play in the championship somewhat understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
Could be that he's ***. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
In all honesty, I would think less of Te'o if he was the victim of this hoax than if he made it up. You date a girl for three years and never meet or even video chat? Then, while she is in the hospital with cancer, you never visit her?
THEY LISTENED TO EACH OTHER BREATHE WHILST THEY SLEPT.

if that's not love, then I don't know what love is.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will point out again that it is still a better love story than twilight.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
The guy is Tebowesque. He and his family are guilty of playing up an online relationship to make it seem more legitimate. As the perpetrators continued it, they needed an out when they recognized how completely duped he was and came up with the, she died. Agreed it makes his poor play in the championship somewhat understandable.
Why does being "Tebowesque" mean he was more likely to pursue an online relationship? Even if he doesn't want to have sex or what not, he still can find many options in real life. And that doesn't explain his reporting of meeting with her before she died.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The ridiculous amount of publicity, endorsement deals and money that could come from this isn't logical enough motive for you?
So Te'o wasn't already getting enough publicity?

He was the star player for an undefeated, super high-profile team that was on it's way to the National Championship game. Plus his Grandma LEGITIMATELY died so there was no need to make something like this up for additional sympathy. However, if he was involved and people found out it would result in untold amounts of bad publicity, embarrassment, loss of endorsements, etc. As they say, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Also, a number of his Notre Dame teammates recounted stories of him talking about his girlfriend and Te'o talking to her on the phone for hours at a time so there was a real girl involved in this scheme. I know it's a sexy story and easy to make jokes about, but if Te'o was just a naive victim you have to feel sorry for him. Now if it's the thing that was eluded to earlier in this page that I could buy considering the Mormon and Catholic / Notre Dame factors would provide motive for a cover up. I'm personally giving Te'o the benefit of the doubt until there are more facts.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-16-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I see it: Either Te'o fell for a ridiculous hoax or he deliberately lied to a bunch of people over the course of months.

So either I question his judgement or his integrity and his judgement.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So Te'o wasn't already getting enough publicity?

He was the star player for an undefeated, super high-profile team that was on it's way to the National Championship game. Plus his Grandma LEGITIMATELY died so there was no need to make something like this up for additional sympathy. However, if he was involved and people found out it would result in untold amounts of bad publicity, embarrassment, loss of endorsements, etc. As they say, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Also, a number of his Notre Dame teammates recounted stories of him talking about his girlfriend and Te'o talking to her on the phone for hours at a time so there was a real girl involved in this scheme. I know it's a sexy story and easy to make jokes about, but if Te'o was just a naive victim you have to feel sorry for him.
All this undefeated, super high-profile stuff only occurred later on in the season, after the deaths. Notre Dame came into the season unranked, Te'o relatively unheralded. She "died" three games into the season, when the hype machine had just begun to warm up the engine, a story like this only fueled it.

And no, even if you argue that he was duped, when he continued the story after he admittedly knew it was no longer true, you do not have to feel sorry for him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
at least this one's real.........well
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
werewolves, vampires, made-up ghost zombie girlfriends, oh my!
Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You have always strongly, blindly supported Notre Dame players, from the John Carlson's to the Brady Quinn's of the world. This one is probably taking it a little too far though. Hopefully we can all just admit that Te'o is a BFP and gladly enjoy his long career in the WWE as 'The Boulder'.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
All this undefeated, super high-profile stuff only occurred later on in the season, after the deaths. Notre Dame came into the season unranked, Te'o relatively unheralded. She "died" three games into the season, when the hype machine had just begun to warm up the engine, a story like this only fueled it.

And no, even if you argue that he was duped, when he continued the story after he admittedly knew it was no longer true, you do not have to feel sorry for him.
Right, nobody was talking about Notre Dame early in the season.

Come on, there is NEVER a shortage of publicity for that program.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This press conference is really something...
Closed Thread