Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://i50.tinypic.com/190bwx.jpg
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Right, nobody was talking about Notre Dame early in the season.

Come on, there is NEVER a shortage of publicity for that program.
Yes, Notre Dame had coverage, but nothing compared to what it had later on in the season, which is what you were alluding to. You mention Notre Dame being on its way to a national championship, but after only three games, the only person picking the Irish to play for a national title would have been Lou Holtz. They were simply one of the many, many 3-0 teams at that point. There was a lot more hype to be built, which we saw happen, so there was clearly room for Te'o's sob story to only further it, while benefiting him in particular.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
You have always strongly, blindly supported Notre Dame players, from the John Carlson's to the Brady Quinn's of the world. This one is probably taking it a little too far though. Hopefully we can all just admit that Te'o is a BFP and gladly enjoy his long career in the WWE as 'The Boulder'.
I'll give you Brady Quinn, which was probably the biggest miss of my career but that had nothing to do with Notre Dame. As for John Carlson, I was such a strong supporter that I had him ranked twenty spots lower than he was actually selected. I don't think it's any secret that Notre Dame is the one team that I root for but I would be giving any player the benefit of the doubt in this situation regardless of where he played, especially when they've proven to be upstanding individuals up to this point. Only time will tell but when all the facts come out I'll be shocked if Te'o is implicated in this for being anything other than naive.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cmon scott. this is turning into scott wright vs the world.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll give you Brady Quinn, which was probably the biggest miss of my career but that had nothing to do with Notre Dame. As for John Carlson, I was such a strong supporter that I had him ranked twenty spots lower than he was actually selected. I don't think it's any secret that Notre Dame is the one team that I root for but I would be giving any player the benefit of the doubt in this situation regardless of where he played, especially when they've proven to be upstanding individuals up to this point. Only time will tell but when all the facts come out I'll be shocked if Te'o is implicated in this for being anything other than naive.
He sits on a throne of lies.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Manti Te'o's Facebook relationship status:

It's complicated.

Heck, perhaps he took a look at what Notre Dame players can pull and thought a hot fake Californian girlfriend would be a much better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
What the **** is in the water there in South Bend.
To be fair to Jimmy, if you didn't know he was a starting QB at ND and saw that picture you wouldn't think he's too good for those uggos. Jimmy's no prize himself
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yes, Notre Dame had coverage, but nothing compared to what it had later on in the season, which is what you were alluding to. You mention Notre Dame being on its way to a national championship, but after only three games, the only person picking the Irish to play for a national title would have been Lou Holtz. They were simply one of the many, many 3-0 teams at that point. There was a lot more hype to be built, which we saw happen, so there was clearly room for Te'o's sob story to only further it, while benefiting him in particular.
I agree that Notre Dame wasn't in the BCS hunt at that point, but they were still getting plenty of attention. Especially, Te'o who was on every preseason All-American team, etc. Plus as I said he didn't need additional sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. It would have been unnecessary which is why something just doesn't add up. Still waiting for a motive.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
To be fair to Jimmy, if you didn't know he was a starting QB at ND and saw that picture you wouldn't think he's too good for those uggos. Jimmy's no prize himself
god I've never been that drunk.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll give you Brady Quinn, which was probably the biggest miss of my career but that had nothing to do with Notre Dame.
Speaking of Jimmy Clausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
I had Clausen rated as the top quarterback in this draft, ahead of #1 overall pick Sam Bradford, and as the 10th best player overall
Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that Notre Dame wasn't in the BCS hunt at that point, but they were still getting plenty of attention. Especially, Te'o who was on every preseason All-American team, etc. Plus as I said he didn't need additional sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. It would have been unnecessary which is why something just doesn't add up. Still waiting for a motive.
you'll never make it in this world Scott with that whole innocent till proven guilty thing.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o's Heisman campaign was started and fueled by his "story." The story wouldn't have been nearly the same if just his grandmother died. He would've been commended for playing against Michigan State, but it would've been forgotten after that.
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I humbly submit for your consideration an entirely different scenario, hitherto unmentioned:

Manti is ***. His friend from California who made up the chick is actually his boyfriend. The fake girl is an online persona he's been using for some time to hit on straight men. When he and Manti get themselves into a real, *** relationship, the online persona is repurposed as Manti's beard so that he never has to answer questions about why he's not dipping his dingaling into all of the adoring coeds at Notre Dame. In time, one or the other says that they're tired of going through the trouble, but still don't want the truth to come out and ruin Manti's draft stock. They invent the death because it gets plenty of press for Manti as a straight guy. Manti gets to use the "oh, I'm still in love with my dead girlfriend" line for years in the future whenever anyone questions why he's been single for so long.

Everything that is said by Manti's father is lies fed to him by his son who is afraid that his family, coming from a socially conservative culture, will not accept him.

Suck on that, DC (pun intended)! I'm a goddamned genius!

Still this.
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so you think it was sheer ignorance that brought this upon him? let's say he did get hoaxed, how do you get fooled for three years?
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
everyone's grandma dies. that's expected. the whole car crash and leukemia thing is just overboard sympathy. he was revered for his resiliency. became somewhat of a household name. became more than the talented ND linebacker.

but the stories man, to keep that going for THREE YEARS and add those RIDICULOUS lies is insane. If he got catfished, let it go. it'd be a non-story. Embarrassed? of what? say it ended. the relationship is over. long distance didn't work. broke up. fight. bitches being bitches. ANYTHING. but no, he went with the "she died with car crash and leukemia and we listened to each other sleep and breathe over the phone" route. so yeah, there's that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Grandmothers dying happens all the time. To put it succinctly, they're old, it's expected, and although there's some sympathy, the media would have moved on. A double whammy of his grandmother dying and then his young girlfriend dying of cancer is a completely different type of story.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
you'll never make it in this world Scott with that whole innocent till proven guilty thing.
I know... I just have all these crazy ideas. :)

I'm hopping out of this thread but I'll be back when the facts come out.

I have a hunch a lot of you are going to be eating crow.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Still this.
Like I said, it requires a bit of a leap of faith, but that argument has some very valid points.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus as I said he didn't need additional sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. It would have been unnecessary which is why something just doesn't add up. Still waiting for a motive.
But, and I'm not trying to be mean spirited at all here, would it have been as big of a "story" if only his Grandmother died? I don't know how close he was to his Grandmother, but people expect to lose Grandmother's at some point... it's just a part of life.

To lose a Grandmother and a Girlfriend so close together though? That's more of a story...

I don't know much of Teo and his relationship with his Grandmother, did she raise him or something? Someone fill me in so I don't sound too ignorant.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I now read that some other posters have posted something similar.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....somebody PM the answer because I can't keep up with this thread....is Manti certifiably insane, or what?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
So....somebody PM the answer because I can't keep up with this thread....is Manti certifiably insane, or what?
It seems like were down to town possibilities:

1. He's ******* insane

or

2. He's ******* insanely stupid
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This story was all fabricated by Phil Emery so he could have Deadspin print it to deflect attention right after he hired a CFL coach.

I'm on to you, Emery. You're still going to get a talking-to for that Marc Trestman ****.
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama Girlfriend:

Notre Dame Girlfriend:
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
It seems like were down to town possibilities:

1. ******* insane

or

2. ******* insanely stupid
Or it's all a way to cover up his boyfriend.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Or it's all a way to cover up his boyfriend.
He would still qualify for 2 if that's the case.
Closed Thread