Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Will Scouting Combine Be Crucial to 2013 NFL Draft?

With so many juniors declaring and so little consensus about the top 20, this year's combine could see major movement up and down draft boards.
GM's and scouts don't do a whole lot of work on juniors till they declare and will now focus on that group. The Senior Bowl will pretty well end the scouting of seniors except for those who skip it and now the whole focus will shift to the junior class where prospects can make huge inroads up and down boards.

Which juniors do you think will surprise scouts and GM's. The ones I find extremely interesting are:

Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee - He has a pro arm but college career was up and down.
Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas - got lost in that mess at Arkansas
Robert Woods, WR, USC - Played on one foot this past year, could really explode at the Combine.
Marquess Wilson WR, Washington St. - character issues make the Combine imperative for him.
William Gholston DE, Michigan St. - This guy could really scoot up draft boards with an excellent Combine.

Believe me, there are a lot of other juniors who will get a real shot to make an impression at the combine and threaten to be 1st rounders.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It always is as much as we want to downplay it. It is the place to see all the big names do the same thing right in a row and compare. With QB, RB, WR all muddled, I think it will be huge.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will make a difference with all the DL, OL and LB

It will be interesting to see who emerged and who this year's bolters will be
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys i want to see:

Tyler Wilson
Kyle Long
DJ Fluker
Matt Elam
Jarvis Jones

Last edited by Babylon : 01-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably be watching the lineman and defensive backs the most this year. Really interested in what wideouts will separate themselves from the field.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Guys i want to see:

Kyle Wilson
Kyle Long
DJ Fluker
Matt Elam
Jarvis Jones
Basically how I feel, with Dion Jordan and Zeke Ansah sprinkled on top

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Basically how I feel, with Dion Jordan and Zeke Ansah sprinkled on top
Meant to say Tyler Wilson of Arkansas. Jordan and Ansah will be hot commodities if they can show some speed, i would think.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without bothering to read past the subject line - it always is. Literally every year. So yes.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The combine doesn't mean anything to me for quarterbacks. People will find things to love or hate from their performances, but I view the combine as an athletic test and it only make a huge difference in the athletic positions. I don't really care if my QB ran a 5 flat if he knows how to lead an offense and win. The only thing that matters for QBs is interviews and we don't get any of that information.

I do want to see if Margus Hunt can back up his reported numbers when it matters.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still the best venue to get official heights and weights for prospects. In that regard it's still important for QBs.

Many of us said if Russell Wilson had been 6'2, he would have been a top 10 pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm really curious about how tall both Barkley and Tyler Wilson actually are.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how iffy this QB class looks, any of the top QBs who opt to throw at the combine and look good are going to make themselves a lot of money doing it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
With how iffy this QB class looks, any of the top QBs who opt to throw at the combine and look good are going to make themselves a lot of money doing it.
I never understand statements like this. What does looking good throwing in shorts with no pressure mean to anyone? It's like shooting free throws with no one in the gym.

I think the Combine is going to separate some of the RB's. A few of them are very similar, especially the smaller backs: Ellington, Barner, Graham, Kerwynn Williams, etc.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am always curious which QB is like, "yeah. I'll throw, whatever."

I love to see a QB willing to just go for it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
I never understand statements like this. What does looking good throwing in shorts with no pressure mean to anyone? It's like shooting free throws with no one in the gym.

I think the Combine is going to separate some of the RB's. A few of them are very similar, especially the smaller backs: Ellington, Barner, Graham, Kerwynn Williams, etc.
It duped the Jets into drafting Sanchez at number 4...lol

I think that scouts/personnel men would rather see these guys throw at the combine to show they don't have anything to hide instead of relying on a scripted pro day workout.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post

It shows up close and in-person who has good mechanics that stand up under repetition. Guys who are able to display those mechanics to go along with the physical traits have more for pro coaches to work with.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interested in seeing the Wideouts and the DE/LB group. So much to separate this year, the Combine might be more important than in prior years.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I can remember a more important medical check than Jarvis Jones'.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Not sure I can remember a more important medical check than Jarvis Jones'.
The most important ones are always the surprise ones, though.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am always curious which QB is like, "yeah. I'll throw, whatever."

I love to see a QB willing to just go for it.
Same. Mayock says it every year but no one listens: Scouts don't care if your timing is a bit off with a wide receiver you've never worked with. They're not looking for completions. They just want to see how they drop, their throwing mechanics and their velocity and arm strength on certain types of throws.

I give props to QBs who don't care and just go out there and toss the ball around.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think due to the complete mess of the QB situation, with no assumed number one guy and the recent propensity of overdrafting QB's, will have an inordinate number of guys throw at the Combine plus their pro days. All these guys need as many opportunities to shine. Plus scouts know that throwing at the combine is an afterthought, so it is an added plus to go out there and risk it.

WR will be big. Patterson showing speed could mean huge dividends and it seems everyone is itching for these guys to show nice metrics so they can pick them high.

With a muddled DE/OLB group, an exemplary 40 versus the rest will be paramount. Plus through in the Jones medical to boot, like Scott said.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote