Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he shores up that o-line then i don't see why not.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie I think he would do a great job with EJ Manuel and taking him in the 2nd round depending on how he looks at the combine. It certainly will be interesting to see how he does with the speed of guys like Shady, Brown, Jackson, Maclin and Johnson. I think those guys will be perfect for his system and if he finds the right QB he should find success. I still question how long that success will last at the NFL level though

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Vick isn't even that fast anymore. There's no upside to keeping Vick.
This. Vick got old. It sucks that he wasted ~3 prime years of his career and we'll never get to see that Michael Vick again, but that's the reality of the situation. They'd be better off going with Foles, salaries considered.

I think Kelly be awesome. I love Philly's offensive personnel (aside from QB) and I think people overstate the difficulty he'll have translating his offense to the NFL. If his offense fails, it will be because he can't find the right QB.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ill hold off judgement until I know whos under center but in theory, it COULD work. He has the skill position players, but the biggest winner here is anyone who owns Lasean McCoy in a keeper league. He'll get his touches and consistently, unlike with Reid. Im most curious to see how Kelly affects the Eagles' draft approach. QB, OL, CB? Its still an incomplete situation to really gauge how he'll do with a lot of variables still undecided.
Yeah, but can a small RB like McCoy take the beating if he's used more or do they also need to find another RB to take off some of carries. I really don't think McCoy can handle a bigger load and survive.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Not gonna lie I think he would do a great job with EJ Manuel and taking him in the 2nd round depending on how he looks at the combine. It certainly will be interesting to see how he does with the speed of guys like Shady, Brown, Jackson, Maclin and Johnson. I think those guys will be perfect for his system and if he finds the right QB he should find success. I still question how long that success will last at the NFL level though
EJ Manuel in the 2nd round lololol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Kelly can succeed in the NFL. He's a brilliant and creative offensive mind. He's got the speed in philly.

His biggest challenge will be to mentor Nick Foles. I think Foles can run that Kelly run n shoot offense. He won't bring in the read/option. I think his offense will be more similar to the New England Patriots style offense than, per say, Washington or Seattle.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, but can a small RB like McCoy take the beating if he's used more or do they also need to find another RB to take off some of carries. I really don't think McCoy can handle a bigger load and survive.
If Brown fixes his fumbling problems he has proved he is more than capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This. Vick got old. It sucks that he wasted ~3 prime years of his career and we'll never get to see that Michael Vick again, but that's the reality of the situation. They'd be better off going with Foles, salaries considered.

I think Kelly be awesome. I love Philly's offensive personnel (aside from QB) and I think people overstate the difficulty he'll have translating his offense to the NFL. If his offense fails, it will be because he can't find the right QB.
Isn't that always the case with losing HC's?? On paper, the Pistol offense looks great but will its QB's survive with any longevity, RG111 career may now be questionable already, as it is his throwing foot that is injured, so who knows what RG111 we'll get next year?
Kaepernick and Russell Wilson have yet to be injured seriously but will it happen sooner rather than later? Was the Philly owner simply enamored by this offense after watching the season? However, let's see just how long Pistol QB's survive in the NFL never mind that Kelly doesn't even have one at this point.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I honestly think Kelly can succeed in the NFL. He's a brilliant and creative offensive mind. He's got the speed in philly.

His biggest challenge will be to mentor Nick Foles. I think Foles can run that Kelly run n shoot offense. He won't bring in the read/option. I think his offense will be more similar to the New England Patriots style offense than, per say, Washington or Seattle.
Reid was brilliant at getting one positive season out of his no name QB's but we never saw a great 2nd season from them, so you have to wonder if Foles is just another in a long line of Reid, one year wonders.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that Foles is the guy personally. Idk what the people who say he is saw this this year, but it wasn't a guy who I would make the face of a franchise.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

His propensity for going on it on 4th down will play a huge part in this IMO. The NFL is not college and the numbers will not transfer. If he comes in and expects to do the same stuff he did in college against NFL defenses he'll be walking a thin line relatively soon. It will be interesting either way because they have so much talent on both sides of the ball but the caveat is at QB. I think you have to keep Vick at this point or hope Geno falls to them, even then I'd keep Vick.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't that always the case with losing HC's?? On paper, the Pistol offense looks great but will its QB's survive with any longevity, RG111 career may now be questionable already, as it is his throwing foot that is injured, so who knows what RG111 we'll get next year?
Kaepernick and Russell Wilson have yet to be injured seriously but will it happen sooner rather than later? Was the Philly owner simply enamored by this offense after watching the season? However, let's see just how long Pistol QB's survive in the NFL never mind that Kelly doesn't even have one at this point.
I don't think Oregon ran that much pistol, but whatever, it doesn't matter. He can easily run his offense without a running QB.....he just needs a good QB. So yeah, same as pretty much every other coach in the league.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would imagine Bryce Brown gets an expanded role in this.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles can bring in Tebow for cheap .
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
The Eagles can bring in Tebow for cheap .
Shut up, right now...dont speak that ******* garbage. He is going to Canada and never coming back.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man so much hate on Tebow and its not even funny. He juat needs some team that will give him a chance in a spread, option type offense like what Melody runs.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Man so much hate on Tebow and its not even funny. He juat needs some team that will give him a chance in a spread, option type offense like what Melody runs.
He ******* sucks...how can you not see that? HE ******* SUCKS! He is not a QB, he is a publicity stunt, and his ass belongs in Canada.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I'm not saying he is gonna be a great QB or anything but he still can be a starting QB in this league if a different teams start running more of the option read scheme's then maybe in a year or so.

I understand where you are coming to where he isn't gonna make it long term at QB but he isn't going to switch positions because of the way he plays and what not. But he is far better then some of the starers out there in this league IMO.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

He is not better than any of the starters in this league, why do you think there was only 1 team to offer up a trade for him...only to be a back up to arguably the worst starting QB in the nfl? He sucks, and everyone knows it....throw in the fact that they want no part of the crap he brings and its that much worse. He will not be a starting QB in this league again.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will. His offense is a spread but a spread run system. McCoy and Brown are going to run wild.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making another thread about Tebow. This is how we draftcountdown.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He is not better than any of the starters in this league, why do you think there was only 1 team to offer up a trade for him...only to be a back up to arguably the worst starting QB in the nfl? He sucks, and everyone knows it....throw in the fact that they want no part of the crap he brings and its that much worse. He will not be a starting QB in this league again.
I think Tebow gets a bit too much crap in terms of being well worse than any starter in the NFL. If you remove all the hooplah and everything else he still played slightly better in his brief season than Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn, Arizona's disaster, or Mark Sanchez have over the last 2 seasons. It doesn't make him starting caliber or even functional, but there has been plenty of suck comparable to Tebow recently.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** da tebow haterzzz!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly is going to find Darren Thomas and sign him. If that fails, he'll have Jeremiah Masoli as his backup. Calling it now.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Tebow will be a Chicago Bear and it will be the happiest day of my life. You can all stop arguing now.