Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he found out December 6th it should have ended then.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
So according to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick, Te'o became aware of the "fact" that this was a hoax as of December 6th when he was called and informed it was a hoax.

At the Heisman Ceremony on December 8th Te'o was interviewed on stage by Chris Fowler during ESPN's Heisman telecast, and this exchange took place:

(From http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...sentation.html )

So even if the whole thing began as a cruel hoax perpetrated against Te'o, unless Swarbrick was lying, Te'o is absolutely guilty of milking the supposed death of his girlfriend for personal glory. Lying to promote your own public image is far from the worst crime imaginable, but it seems like something Te'o is clearly guilty of.
Yup. That's what all the Te'o apologists don't even acknowledge or want to talk about. Doesn't matter how you look at it, the guy covered this up for AT LEAST a month and when he probably realized he was going to get caught he finally told his coaches about it.

Sadly, people will ignore this and other facts to try and save face for Te'o.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He changed how his girl friend died twice. Can't remember the date she died (4 different ones)...but it was the same day as his grandma. I feel like I would remember that. He said he met her (dad said he saw her to) but now they never met. He said they talked on the phone until they passed out...isn't that like a 2/3 hour time difference? He said it was a haox on the 26...talks about her on the 28th.. Literally nothing adds up here. I'm gonna sit here with some pop corn while the truth comes out.

If he comes out of the closet do a lot of the "issues/questions" NFL teams have go away? I honestly can't find a motive (outside of that) for Te'o to be lying about all of this. It's that or he's the biggest sap in the history of forever.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS: Lennay caught cheating on Manti!!!

(I am not taking credit for this).
Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tony Washington slept with his sister, but it was consensual and I never saw the problem with it.
The **** he would have gotten from teammates and opposing players would have made him go nuts.

Same with Te'o.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm deeply saddened that I keep not being able to give out rep. Every other post in this thread is richly deserving.

Hall of Fame, imo.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The **** he would have gotten from teammates and opposing players would have made him go nuts.

Same with Te'o.
I dunno, from the stuff I read about Tony, he seemed like a level-headed dude who had been through some real ****. I doubt ball busting would've done him in. IIRC, his last college program knew about the incident. I'm sure there would be more than a handful of people that would leave it alone. After I read about it, just felt sorry for the guy.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Same with Te'o.
Yeah, this is the real problem with Te'o as far as "evaluating him as an NFL prospect" goes.

He's been embarrassed on an unrivaled and unprecedented scale for an NFL prospect; will he ever be able to get his edge back? He played one game since "finding out" about this and it was perhaps the worst game of his career.

It's not like people are going to stop giving him crap about this any time soon (and NFL players/fans can be quite cruel.)

If he had a series of arrests for robbing convenience stores, then at least NFL teams would be confident that he could still be physical and aggressive as a linebacker (as those traits also help in armed robbery.) If you're a broken human being from being widely and ruthlessly ridiculed and embarrassed, you're a sympathetic figure but perhaps not a good middle linebacker.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://i.imgur.com/UYHiC.jpg
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_2Z...ature=youtu.be

I still laughed.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yup. That's what all the Te'o apologists don't even acknowledge or want to talk about. Doesn't matter how you look at it, the guy covered this up for AT LEAST a month and when he probably realized he was going to get caught he finally told his coaches about it.

I look at it like this. Even if he knew about it for a month before it becoming public, the fact that it was such an embarrasing topic to breach especially in front of the media first, would be tough for any of us to admit.

The guy is very trusting and gullable yes, too much so. And I believe the fact that he was lured into this trap for so long is one of the most embarrasing things a person can go through.

I think there are still some pieces that need to come to fruition as to the families involved, both Teo and the gf. I also believe this world can be very sick where people do play these "games" with others and lead them on via internet. I cant say Teo is guilty yet. But I do know he did make a stupid move by being so naive.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think he definitely lied at some point.

However, this story is just about how his DC came to talk to him after he thought his "girlfriend" died. If he was duped at that time still the experience of Diaco coming over and talking to him is still a real experience to him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
G-a-y defense. His teammates that said he was banging other girls were misled by false information spread by Te'o himself to support the lifestyle lie...
I have to wonder if being *** might be one of those things that will hurt his stock.

There are few things that really hurt your football career more than major crimes. Obviously, one is being a rat. I wonder if being *** is another. There is basically no one that is *** in the NFL (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I'm not even aware of anyone in American sports, at all.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
I look at it like this. Even if he knew about it for a month before it becoming public, the fact that it was such an embarrasing topic to breach especially in front of the media first, would be tough for any of us to admit.

The guy is very trusting and gullable yes, too much so. And I believe the fact that he was lured into this trap for so long is one of the most embarrasing things a person can go through.

I think there are still some pieces that need to come to fruition as to the families involved, both Teo and the gf. I also believe this world can be very sick where people do play these "games" with others and lead them on via internet. I cant say Teo is guilty yet. But I do know he did make a stupid move by being so naive.
Bull ****. I don't care. I'm not going to give him a break because he was "embarrassed." You COVETED IT UP. Why cover it up? If you've been hoaxed why not just come out an admit it? Had he done that A LOT more people would believe him and his story.

This link talks about many of the discrepancies. Why did he, after a few days, talk about the passing of his girlfriend DESPITE KNOWING IT WAS A HOAX? He blatantly lied. Why do people not realize this? If he's willing to lie so brazenly, why couldn't he do it before? Yet people spew this nonsense, "He has impeccable character and is a good guy." Bull ****. If he was such a good guy he would have come out and admitted it. If he's was such a great leader he would have owned him to his mistake, because that's what leaders do. He's not a damn leader in the slightest.

That's one reason he should fall in the draft. A big part of his appeal is his leadership and character, both of which are not accurate.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-dame/1842081/
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post

What makes you say he was "trusting and gullable(sic)"? How do you know? You are assuming he's telling the truth and thus he must be trusting and gullible. But maybe he was lying?

How credible is it that he had the "love of his life" for 3 years and never met her, even though he repeatedly implied he did. She was dying of cancer, but he never visited her. Never went to the funeral. Sent "flowers". How to where? What funeral home? Wouldn't the florist come back and say "that funeral home doesn't have your girlfriend at it".

What evidence would have to emerge before people start to question whether or not he's telling the truth?

Some people are so evil they spend hundreds of hours fooling some guy andn then have the girl die at the end so they never even get any money from their "mark"? Really? Find me a case like this. And this was set up by his friend, Tuoiasasopo? How likely is it that his friend "scammed" him for years vs. Te'o being in on it the whole time?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I have to wonder if being *** might be one of those things that will hurt his stock.

There are few things that really hurt your football career more than major crimes. Obviously, one is being a rat. I wonder if being *** is another. There is basically no one that is *** in the NFL (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I'm not even aware of anyone in American sports, at all.
Are you kidding? Being "happy" would doom him in the NFL. They aren't running social sensitivity classes there...it would be a non stop distraction and a lot of players would refuse to deal with him.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Are you that naive to think nobody in the NFL is ***, seriously?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Are you that naive to think nobody in the NFL is ***, seriously?
There may be some, but none are openly homosexual, that I know of. So if he comes out and says "ok, guys, i got to fess up, i'm homosexual...."...then that isn't exactly going to mean smooth sailing from here on out.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the story te'o tells in the SI transcript is the most unbelievable fake BS I have ever read. If I was reviewing a fan fiction of a chick flick I would give it five thumbs down for being so ridiculous.

no way scott can read that still believe te'o isn't culpable in some way.

also everyone should read the piece by ny mag where they go HAM on nd
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bull ****. I don't care. I'm not going to give him a break because he was "embarrassed." You COVETED IT UP. Why cover it up? If you've been hoaxed why not just come out an admit it? Had he done that A LOT more people would believe him and his story.
He is 22 and is a dumb college kid. Just because he is a good football player doesnt make him exempt from being incredibly dumb and lying to cover things up. Clearly his embarrassment got spiraled out of control if all this hoax stuff is true.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
He is 22 and is a dumb college kid. Just because he is a good football player doesnt make him exempt from being incredibly dumb and lying to cover things up. Clearly his embarrassment got spiraled out of control if all this hoax stuff is true.
If you fall for a fake girl on the internet for 3 years and cite her as a girlfriend despite never meeting her, you are a shithead on a level I can't even comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dont understand how some would want to talk to him on the phone almost every night for 3 years.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

He didn't just cover his embarrassment by not revealing the truth when people asked about his girlfriend. He was still bringing her up without being asked AFTER he "found out" (coughLYINGHOAXERcough) she was fake.

When asked on 12/8 about some community service work he did with some cancer program, he went and played the girlfriend-cancer-dead card even though the question didn't mention his girlfriend. He could have just said "Hey, cancer sucks. Everyone knows a number of people who've been killed by cancer. It's just the worst, man."

FWIW, even here where Notre Dame is popular and a lot of columnists are faithful to them, his story isn't being bought into one bit. Chicago media is mostly blasting him and pointing out all of the giant holes his story has.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I just dont understand how some would want to talk to him on the phone almost every night for 3 years.
Talk on the phone. Yet, no Skype. No Facetime. Nothing that today's technology and the cell phone generation would prevent a more "in person" conversation.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody should believe him. But I guess I must be a lot stupider than I thought, or a fellow sociopath, because I can easily understand his mindset and how this has gotten to this point. Sometimes you tell a lie for the lols, or for attention, or for whatever reason, and **** spirals out of control. Te'o did a hilariously bad job of handling it and deserves all of the jokes he can get, but it's starting to bother me that Internet psychiatrists are questioning his mental state. He's clearly a stupid college kid, but that's probably all this is. And again, I would take him on the Bears in a heartbeat. He's still an awesome linebacker.