Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I just can't seem to find a pass rusher I like of those top guys, but I'll do more researching. It's just really hard to project a 3-4 LB. Most of them though, to me, just weren't that impressive, of the guys being talked about. Jones was the only one that really ever flashed. The others didn't do much for me. But I'll look into Moore, Werner, Jordan, Okafor, and the LSU pair a little closer.

EDIT: One guy to maybe keep an eye on is David Bass for a later round. Apparently he's been too fast for everyone there at the East/West practices. And on a different front, maybe also look at S Cooper Taylor.
Yeah it's tough, the class is solid though. Pass rushers are more about projection than much else though at this point, and the defensive coaching staff here is solid. As long as you get a guy who wants it and has the tools I think they'll be okay.

You've got a guy like Jordan who has great athleticism, flexibility, and length, a good motor, frame to add bulk, is more stout than you'd think, has the versatility to drop into coverage, and stood up in college. He's raw rushing the passer but has all the tools you could ask for and has only been playing defense for three years.

Or a guy like Mingo who has great athleticism as well, violent hands, and good motor. Again needs to add weight, struggles a little to bend and run the arc, but he's got a lot to work with and is a bit younger than Jordan. Played against better competition though.

Moore you already came around on, and I haven't watched much of Werner or Okafor. Not a big Montgomery guy either. The other one is Ansah, who has great straight line speed, is extremely strong, and looks comfortable standing up. New to football but an unreal athlete, has played inside at BYU which will help a lot with his technique, and is getting JPP comparisons for a reason.

I just have a feeling somebody from that group will emerge. The same could apply to quarterbacks too. Maybe they go receiver or move down for a lineman. Not sure, but there are a lot of pass rushers in this class and it's a need so I could see it being likely.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote