Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's from LSU right? LSU DLmen scare me. Most of them historically haven't lived up to expectations at the NFL level.
Yup he's an LSU guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yup he's an LSU guy.
He looked slow in his youtube video. *shrug*

I think right now, and mind you I haven't done much scouting, I think if we go DE I want either Jordan or Ansah. They fit the "profile" of what we like in pass rushers. We like big long guys. Long arms, some good size. They fit the bill.

Crap, we have so many needs and not enough draft picks to fit them.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep haha. Will never happen but depending who's available trading down would be nice this year.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a huge fan of Sam Montgomery for us, I think he is pretty much purely a RDE and we are set there.

at DE I like Ansah, Hunt, Jones, Carradine and late round guys like Bass and Catapano.

Just like LB, we really need a MLB, preferably someone like Poslunzsy who was drafted to play MLB in Fewell's defence in Buffalo despite being an OLB in college. To me that is the kind of guy I want us to get. Two guys I really like are Kevin Minter and Arthur Brown, I am not a fan of Ogeltree, he is a little too inconsistent.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott just updated his top 125 rankings to include all the underclassmen

Using this as an approximate guide, how would people feel about something like this:

1 (19): Ezekiel Ansah, DE Brigham Young (DC#20)

2 (49): Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers (DC#48)

3 (81): Gerald Hodges, MLB Penn State (DC#81)

4 (113): Leon McFadden, CB San Diego State (DC#114)
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I guess we can take Manti Teo off the board...
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, never really liked him as a prospect anyway so I'm alright.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I'm kind of glad in a way. I caught myself trying to force myself to like him as a prospect the same way I was with Rolando McClain.

Now I can throw him off the board and not feel guilty about it.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Indeed. Check out Alec Ogletree though if you get a chance. I loooooove him. He's too good to get in the second round though.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was happily surprised Scott had the two Rutgers defensive guys ranked so high.

Ryan #42 overall #5 CB
Greene #48 overall #4 OLB

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and that's with Brown as an OLB (YFS has informed me he's best at MLB) and 2 3-4 rushers ahead of him. Khaseem is the best pure 4-3 OLB in this class
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Brown kind of reminds me of DeMeco Ryans right now. So far.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What really sucks is there doesn't seem like there will be a run at quarterbacks this year. That usually pushes a lot of good prospects back towards us but I don't think that will happen this year.

In fact, our pick becomes a tradable pick bc I can see teams looking to moving around to select quarterbacks opposed to taking quarterbacks earlier than valued.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's still early. Plenty of time for QB's to rise up the board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah. I'm really excited for the Senior Bowl this year. A lot of interesting things will happen. I'm starting to get into scouting some more guys too.

Ogletree is my #1 pure linebacker right now. I honestly wouldn't be upset at all if we took him in the first round. Now that said I want a DE, DT, DB or OL but I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed him at all.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am really looking forward to the senior bowl.

I want to see Gerald Hodges, the LB from Penn state. He should be an option in the third and about when we are more likely to look at a LB. Along with Arthur Brown they are my favouritwe LBs; I want to see how Chase Thomas plays as well.

I also want to see how Trevardo Williams goes at OLB, I think he might be an option at SLB in the mid rounds.

I really think we look at the DL in the first couple of rounds, both to upgrade our positions. You know Reese likes phyiscal tools and I really think we look at Ansah at LDE in round 1.

I want to see how Margus Hunt goes too, he has excellent physical tools. I think we could develop him inside at DT.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's still early. Plenty of time for QB's to rise up the board.
With Chip Kelly in Philly, I think they get very interested in Geno Smith
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and that's with Brown as an OLB (YFS has informed me he's best at MLB) and 2 3-4 rushers ahead of him. Khaseem is the best pure 4-3 OLB in this class
I think Greene is purely a 4-3 WLB to be honest which will hurt his value a little
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hodges is very good also. He actually committed to Rutgers first then at the last minute went to PSU.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think Greene is purely a 4-3 WLB to be honest which will hurt his value a little
Sadly, I agree. But he's gonna be one helluva WLB.

Quote:
Hodges is very good also. He actually committed to Rutgers first then at the last minute went to PSU.
so I have to hate him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Naa I don't hate the players that do that. I just get pissed they didn't live up to their original commitment when they go on to do well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a Hodges fan so far. He doesn't tackle as well as Brown, but he's pretty good in his own right.

He has better measurables than Brown. I still have to really scout these guys, I haven't done anything yet outside of watching some youtube videos.

This year I didn't DVR any games so I might just have to rely on scouting reports and youtube videos. So my judgement may not be the greatest.

I think also part of the problem is I've trusted Reese so much with the draft that I don't scout much bc I don't really care. I know Reese will make the right call, so why bother?

But it does pass time in the offseason, and it is fun to predict some players and see if they wind up successful or not so I still do it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I really need to take a closer look at DJ Fluker. The guys Senior Bowl weigh in was insane. 36 inch arm, 355 pounds, 6'5, 10 inch hands and a 87 inch wingspan. That's absurd.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the first Senior Bowl practice for the north team. Of the guys in positions we need in my opinion, a couple of guys caught my eye.

DE Alex Okafor beasted in the one on ones and looked real good. Had some great pass-rushing moves, and consistently got the O-linemen on their heels, if he didn't just cleanly beat them off the snap. I will follow him closely throughout the week.

OG Brian Winters also did a good enough job in pass protection, and he seemed to play with a mean streak. Hard to gauge his run-blocking, because I was focused on the defense in 7 on 7's. Could be a mid-late round developmental O-liner that we always seem to get.

CB Jordan Poyer really stood out in the CBs versus WRs one on ones. Had great coverage every rep, and looked the part at the weigh-in as well. I've seen him projected in the mid-late second round elsewhere, and wouldn't mind him there at all if we took him with our second.

I also tried to watch the LBs intently, but couldn't see anyone standing out that much. Kept an extra eye on Khaseem Greene, he had a pretty average day. Had some good reps in stopping the run, and seemed to cover very well. But also struggled mightily to disengage from blockers a couple of times. He played MLB in the 4-3 formation in the 7 on 7's.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Greene is a dwarf. He's just not big enough to play the position imo.