Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Draft / Team Needs

Edited for newer info

Draft Needs
OC (all the good FAs are RFAs that will be matched by their team)

CB (this is the last year under contract for Tillman and Jennings...#3, 4, and 5 corners are free agents right now)

MLB (Urlacher not under contract, a big liability against the run right now)

OLB (Lance Briggs entering his last two years under contract = holdout next offseason, Nick Roach not under contract right now...if Roach is re-signed and moved to MLB, where he is not good but servicable, will need a starting SLB)

Free Agency Needs
RT (deep FA pool, move Carimi to RG where has actually above average in limited time)

LG (deep FA pool, no LG under contract)

TE (deepest TE FA pool in history? Kellen Davis is literally the worst starting TE in the league)

WR (Moving to an offense that will use more WRs, dangerous to consider Alshon Jeffery a lock to be a legit #2, Earl Bennett always hurt, besically no one worth snaps on the roster after them, so if there's a single injury...Anyway, there are about 5-6 intriguing guys out there who are a tier or a half tier above Bennett who won't be breaking the bank)

The Bears have picks in rounds 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 as far as I know. The third rounder went to Miami in the Marshall trade. The seventh rounder goes off to Tampa in the Brian Price trade. We should not have any compensatory picks. One peculiarity with us being the only 10-6 team to not make the playoffs is that we will have the 20th pick in each round; no rotating crap like there usually is. A trade down to acquire more picks should definitely not be ruled out with us only having 5 selections and our defense getting old & expensive. I could see us trading down from 20 overall into the early second round and picking up a third rounder.

Right now, my ideal mock would be:

1(20) trade to ARI for 2(38) and 3(69)
2(38) LB Arthur Brown
2(52) CB Will Davis
3(69) OC Khaled Holmes
4(??) LB Kiko Alonso
5(??) RB Kerwynn Williams
6(??) OL Terron Armstead

I tried to keep it realistic. I have Arizona taking a tackle with their first pick and trading back up to get a QB at #20.

Arthur Brown starts at SLB day one while we move Roach to MLB. Roach probably won't be the MLB of the future because he's a little below average there, but this allows flexibility in case of losing Briggs to age/money. Brown could always slide to WLB.

Will Davis would man the slot for us this year and move to the outside next year when at least one of our starting corners goes. We won't have the money for both.

I hope Khaled Holmes can start at C. Cutting Garza would free up a decent amount of money for the big number of guys who have to be signed right now.

Kiko Alonso is a boom or bust guy. Best case scenario is that he ends up being a starting SLB or MLB. Worst case is a good special teamer.

Kerwynn Williams is a speed back (4.34 speed) with good receiving skills. He comes in as our #3 RB right now. If he turns out to be good, we'll be able to get out from under Bush's starting RB contract next offseason.

Terron Armstead is one of this year's boom or bust OL. He's been trending upward lately, so he may be gone before this. Dunno.

Any thoughts/counterproposals?

Last edited by Monomach : 02-03-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Newer info
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote