Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
If I'm to believe this is a hoax, it has to be the most elaborate hoax in the history of the human species:
Those quotes are what make it odd for me. He can perfectly recite what she supposedly went through, the stuff that would attract the headlines. When asked simply what did she study, he can't quickly recall when she even graduated(which doesn't even answer the question being asked), in addition to other things that would seem pretty simple answers if recalling from truthful events.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I heard someone reporting that Te'o would tell his teammates to be glad they can talk to their girlfriend because he can't anymore? Or he'd ask his opponents if they knew about his girlfriend?

Can someone link me to something about that? Sounds pretty attention whorish.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the SI interviewer said "this is unbelievable"

pure gold.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm now waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out from nowhere with an Alabama jersey on.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahah so the bfs brother had like two different names? Sure sucks when you can't keep a story straight.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manti Te'o with his Waifu.

"Waifu's deserve the same respect as real womens." - Manti Te'o, January 11th, 2013
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait until an NFL player scores a touchdown and starts Te'oing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Those quotes are what make it odd for me. He can perfectly recite what she supposedly went through, the stuff that would attract the headlines. When asked simply what did she study, he can't quickly recall when she even graduated(which doesn't even answer the question being asked), in addition to other things that would seem pretty simple answers if recalling from truthful events.
Yep. Sounds like he put a lot of thought and practice into the narrative of her death because that's the juicy part. The other **** probably seemed like minor **** that no one would ask him about so he didn't really bother to flesh out that part of the hoax. I bet if they asked her middle name he'd have been all "ummmmmm....Marie?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This makes me like Deadspin at least 40% more than I did before seeing it.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I love how the SI interviewer said "this is unbelievable"

pure gold.
I couldn't hold in my laughter any more at that point. This whole thing is just too much. This kid is a good football player but I'd let this be someone else's problem
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, I'd bet pretty good money that Te'o's press conference, statement, etc, comes either Saturday or Sunday in hopes of being gobbled up by the NFL playoff games and forgotten about.

I'm sure it has been posted already, but more proof it likely doesn't affect his draft stock:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ev...193246637.html

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 01-17-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Florio is an idiot:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-catfishing/

Yeah, Mike. Right. In addition to the fact that Te'o was pretty obviously not "catfished," there's still a very real doubt that the guy who made the movie about it was. Pro players are having sex with real women, not fake chicks on the phone who they don't even Skype with.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Either way, I'd bet pretty good money that Te'o's press conference, statement, etc, comes either Saturday or Sunday in hopes of being gobbled up by the NFL playoff games and forgotten about.
there's an idea. Sunday at about 3:15 ET. Notre Dame's press people are probably praying that Iran nukes Israel in the next few days.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, that could happen. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Mike Florio is an idiot:

Yeah, Mike. Right. In addition to the fact that Te'o was pretty obviously not "catfished," there's still a very real doubt that the guy who made the movie about it was. Pro players are having sex with real women, not fake chicks on the phone who they don't even Skype with.
you had me right there!!! plus rep for you
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Mike Florio is an idiot:

God I hate Florio.

RIP TheManInBlack
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the surprising things to me is that Notre Dame has stood by him. If I was the top dog there, I would be distancing from this mess until all the mud is out.

Why not just release a statement that said something similar to "We have no comment on this situation."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
you had me right there!!! plus rep for you
It bothers me that I still have to check his site like 20 times a day.

I love that he compiles all of the important NFL news in an easy to read format.

I HATE that he occasionally fancies himself an analyst who needs to grace us with his stupid moronic ******** useless brilliant thoughts and/or Seinfeld quotes.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure it has been posted already, but more proof it likely doesn't affect his draft stock:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ev...193246637.html
I've read multiple reports today, some citing NFL sources saying it won't affect his stock much, others citing NFL sources that think it will affect his stock (e.g. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-stock-report ; Money quote: "Based on conversations Ive had in the last 24 hours with NFL personnel, a conservative estimate will be that Teo falls one full round. That puts him closer to the middle of Round 2.").

This is probably a realistic representation of what NFL teams think, since if you do anything at all bad there are probably teams that don't mind much, and other teams who think it's a huge deal and will knock you down a tier or eight on their boards.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those SI excerpts are just crazy. Literally.
I don't think he was following a script at all when he made up that entire narrative about his GF being in accident, in a coma, him talking to her and her breathing would speed up, etc.

I think Te'o was just improvising of the top of his nutty head. He was riffing like a jazz solo drummer. Sorry, but only people who are genuine nutjobs can lie with that level of detail and recall. Crazy people and small children. Except small kids KNOW they're making **** up as they go along.

I think Te'o might have a personality disorder. He's high functioning academically and on the football field, but there's a part of his brain that needs psychiatric treatment.

To say this guy is very comfortable living inside the fantasy world inside his head is an understatement. The problem now is that crazyland quit being Te'o's private trip when he started giving interviews about his GF and now he's dragged us all along for the bizarro ride.

I don't think NFL teams care about drafting crazy players, if the team organization has the support apparatus and medical personnel to 'manage' them.

I have much more sympathy for Te'o if it's revealed he has a diagnosed mental illness.
However if it turns out that everything was calculated on Te'o's part for publicity, I'll root every Sunday for that guy to get his leg broken in two by an illegal chop block.

Those SI interviews are the most damning evidence in this entire scandal.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o's Uncle talks about meeting Ronaiah, lies he said directly to him, a 9 year old girl that may have been involved. Talks about potential reasons someone would pull off the hoax. Crazy:

http://1280thezone.com/index.php/audio/listen/alema_teo

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 01-17-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...bobblehead-day

LOLZZZZZZZZ
Closed Thread