Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want him to come out and say, Lennay Keekua is a euphemism for "my right hand." Also, leukemia means carpal tunnel. So, in reality I was stating that I would no longer be stroking it anymore with my right hand and have been devastated by the loss.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The bigotry in this post is strong. Definitely infraction worthy. Don't let all your true colors come out now. LOL Gonzo. smh.
I only speak the truth my friend.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I only speak the truth my friend.
I'm embarrassed for you. Just because you don't agree with a religion doesn't make it a "dumbass" religion... and the "islanders" comment is about the most racist thing I've seen in a while. If you said that about blacks or whites if they were found defending another black or white... well... let's just say you should be ashamed.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm embarrassed for you. Just because you don't agree with a religion doesn't make it a "dumbass" religion... and the "islanders" comment is about the most racist thing I've seen in a while. If you said that about blacks or whites if they were found defending another black or white... well... let's just say you should be ashamed.
If he said it about whites no one would care. We would just tell him he's crazy because we outnumber everyone else.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, you have a moral problem with his comments but don't think that Te'o did anything wrong by keeping the story going to avoid backlash against his team? Everybody plays with racism, nobody was directly singled out besides Te'o and his family...which do look like liars. In all fairness, they did stick together and it was true. Frankly Mormonism has its own cult arguments against it. Trampling Gonzo's hasty bigoted comments would probably be more of an injustice than blindly defending something that the vast majority of the people would probably agree with. We're not here to debate that, but still its evident that quick decisions made in noble pretenses can lead to trampling people's rights. People's defense of Te'o and Notre Dame for not bringing the story to light also ignore the rights of the people who were moved or affected by the story.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o won almost every major award in college football because of the great personal 'courage' it took to play last season after suffering through the loss of both his grandmother AND his GF on the same day.

How are people cool with what Te'o did??

He may have been chumped in the beginning, but why did he choose of his own accord to participate in the lie??
I have yet to hear a plausible or convincing explanation, except to say that Te'o is not the greatest human being in the world.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-18-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw guys I was making a joke hahaha. I have followed this whole thread and got a good laugh earlier when I forget who posted about how all Islanders are jumping to the defence of Te'o. To be fair though, D is perpetuating that and also to be fair the Mormon religion is ******* insane (not that I am saying other religions aren't insane) but let's not get into that.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Te'o won almost every major award in college football because of the great personal 'courage' it took to play last season after suffering through the loss of both his grandmother AND his GF on the same day.

He may have been chumped in the beginning, but why did he choose of his own accord to participate in the lie??
I have yet to hear a plausible or convincing explanation, except to say that Te'o is no the greatest human being in the world.
It is so tough to make a point without talking about his relgious choices but signs pointed to Te'o being nutty before this story broke. I am sure he has been engaging in mental gymnastics for a long time now and will continue to do so.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

I have yet to hear a plausible or convincing explanation, except to say that Te'o is no the greatest human being in the world.
I'm pretty sure being the main star on what people considered a Top 5 defense on an undefeated team had much more to do with winning awards than anything to do with overcoming his "girlfriend" kicking the bucket.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Btw guys I was making a joke hahaha. I have followed this whole thread and got a good laugh earlier when I forget who posted about how all Islanders are jumping to the defence of Te'o. To be fair though, D is perpetuating that and also to be fair the Mormon religion is ******* insane (not that I am saying other religions aren't insane) but let's not get into that.
A joke now? Who is that funny to? Bigotry is not funny.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

General statements about a group of people never go well. So choose your words wisely.

I will say that the majority of Polynesians (Hawaiian, Samoan, Tongan, etc...) that I've heard speak on this believe that Manti is a victim. This was one of the feel good stories of the year for everybody, and probably more so for the poly community.

D, what is your opinion on this?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol, you have a moral problem with his comments but don't think that Te'o did anything wrong by keeping the story going to avoid backlash against his team? Everybody plays with racism, nobody was directly singled out besides Te'o and his family...which do look like liars. In all fairness, they did stick together and it was true. Frankly Mormonism has its own cult arguments against it. Trampling Gonzo's hasty bigoted comments would probably be more of an injustice than blindly defending something that the vast majority of the people would probably agree with. We're not here to debate that, but still its evident that quick decisions made in noble pretenses can lead to trampling people's rights. People's defense of Te'o and Notre Dame for not bringing the story to light also ignore the rights of the people who were moved or affected by the story.
Don't act like you gave a damn about Te'o's GF dying at the time, half as much as you love bringing the pitchfork now to bash him. I don't even get why you think he did was so critical. You can excuse Gonzo's bigotry, but this is so bad? Like I said before Prowler, you like to see what you like to see. That's fine. Manti is a liar, true. He's stupid, true. OK. Is he slime of the Earth? No.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that article that previous poster posted said that teo actually didn't know.

Well if not, then he embellished this thing to a ridiculous degree.

He never met her but says "she's the most beautiful women I've ever met!". She's "dying of cancer" but he doesn't visit her, but she's his one true love.
He apparently never asked what injuries she had b/c when the reporter asked him he just said "I don't know, lots".

I'm thinking this guy must be borderline ******** if this stuff is true. Then there's the part about how he basically hijacked the team's season reading "her" bs letters to them before games, etc.

Undraftable.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop talking about religion right now. I don't want this thread locked.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Stop talking about religion right now. I don't want this thread locked.
I've deleted those posts and if they continue, those persons in offense will be infracted.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't act like you gave a damn about Te'o's GF dying at the time, half as much as you love bringing the pitchfork now to bash him. I don't even get why you think he did was so critical. You can excuse Gonzo's bigotry, but this is so bad? Like I said before Prowler, you like to see what you like to see. That's fine. Manti is a liar, true. He's stupid, true. OK. Is he slime of the Earth? No.
The dude lied about a 20 something year old girl dying of leukemia to keep himself in the headlines.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing Te'o being an incredibly dumb attention ***** who lied to millions of people and his teammates (best case scenario for him btw, it still can be proven that he did much worse than this) to me making a joke in reference to a previous post about all Islanders defending Te'o? Maybe I was on to something with that post......
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
General statements about a group of people never go well. So choose your words wisely.

I will say that the majority of Polynesians (Hawaiian, Samoan, Tongan, etc...) that I've heard speak on this believe that Manti is a victim. This was one of the feel good stories of the year for everybody, and probably more so for the poly community.

D, what is your opinion on this?
Listening to local radio... it's split here. People are on both sides. Of course people think he's stupid to be in an oline relationship that long without meeting her. There's a lot of hard to believes about the story and a lot of easy to believes. It's all true and people can't wrap their heads around it.

Bottom line, I never was a fan of Manti (you didn't see me going "Colt Brennan" on him) on these forums the last 4 years. I questioned how genuine he was about his religion since BYU pulled their scholarship from him and he didn't go on a mission. But it was a nice story that a kid from Hawaii made it big.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The dude lied about a 20 something year old girl dying of leukemia to keep himself in the headlines.
So at the worst he was an attention seeker. Big deal. He didn't even start the story.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing Te'o being an incredibly dumb attention ***** who lied to millions of people and his teammates (best case scenario for him btw, it still can be proven that he did much worse than this) to me making a joke in reference to a previous post about all Islanders defending Te'o? Maybe I was on to something with that post......
No, he did what he did and you did what you did. 2 separate things.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So at the worst he was an attention seeker. Big deal. He didn't even start the story.
This is why I don't think it should hurt his draft stock really at all. Teams have drafted guys who have done much worse, much higher.

Now, you can argue his talent level and whether he should have been drafted high in the first place, but to me I still think he's looking at the middle to end of round 1 depending on his workouts. That's probably where he should have been slotted the entire time anyway.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It's a ****** thing to do. He played their relationship up numerous times and is now backtracking about that. Think of the people who have actually had the love of their life die, this whole thing is insulting to them. It's kind of ****** when you have someone get on their soapbox and use the fake death of someone to get a attention.

I don't even think he is necessarily a bad guy for doing this, I just find it hilarious that people are still defending his actions.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol, 10 char
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At worst he made up the whole thing up. That would make him a little more than an attention seeker.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
At worst he made up the whole thing up. That would make him a little more than an attention seeker.
Exactly. People seem to keep forgetting this. At best he is an attention *****. I do hope he doesn't kill himself over this, that would be awful, but he is such a ******* moron. I still don't buy that he was hoaxed for that long.