Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, it would help to have more minority owners. But that's a type of affirmative action that almost everyone would have a problem with. The NFL is a cadre controlled exclusively by old white men.
That's most everything though. The NFL is at least much more inclusive than the NBA.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
But that is presumptive, unprovable and completely subjective. If there is active discrimination that needs to end but if there isn't then the only standard should be best available.

So unless an owner starts yelling the N word and installing separate water fountains for black people we should just sit back and relax?

Of course this kind of racism is unprovable, but I can't prove to you that bigfoot doesn't exist either. How exactly would you like it to be proven?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So unless an owner starts yelling the N word and installing separate water fountains for black people we should just sit back and relax?

Of course this kind of racism is unprovable, but I can't prove to you that bigfoot doesn't exist either. How exactly would you like it to be proven?
I'd like you to prove it before you start expecting everyone else to believe in it as well.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd like you to prove it before you start expecting everyone else to believe in it as well.
I know 11 year olds less naive than you.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I know 11 year olds less naive than you.
Good for you. Before I give people special rights simply on the basis of their skin colour I'd like to know whether or not there is a problem requiring such an action. And no one has been able to provide me with a single shred of evidence of ongoing racism in the NFL.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh. Plenty of reverse discrimination exists with the talent evaluation process with personnel men and scouts that is never discussed. And draft season brings out all the great cliches. Been around long enough to know that a hard-working overachiever who is an average athlete but brings his lunch pail and goes to work everyday is a description of a white player. I am sure I will get **** for pointing that out but all these scouting reports are ripe with all sorts of cliches.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think this will slowly change. The landscape of America is changing. Khan just bought the Jaguars. He had to go through hoops to do it, and had to get denied by the Rams before he got his chance, but it's a step in the right direction.
Ah...correction. Thanks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never read the Rooney Rule verbatim, what do they qualify as a minority candidate?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I have never read the Rooney Rule verbatim, what do they qualify as a minority candidate?
Any ethnic minority. Ron Rivera counted in the past as a hispanic.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any ethnic minority. Ron Rivera counted in the past as a hispanic.
So a woman wouldn't count, I imagine. After a quick google search I haven't been able to find it written anywhere. I'll look harder after work.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So a woman wouldn't count, I imagine. After a quick google search I haven't been able to find it written anywhere. I'll look harder after work.
Are women ethnic minorities?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Are women ethnic minorities?
Some of them are.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Some of them are.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I would assume that a white woman wouldn't count, but that's a good question. I certainly think they should, although that would probably make more sense at the assistant coaching level, since there are almost no women who even have a foot in the door.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a pretty good chance that we'll see a female GM eventually. Even though it's obviously a male-dominated industry, there have been women who worked in scouting or as capologists, and a woman could just buy or inherit a team and name herself GM.

It'll be a long time before we see a female coach.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets get Marty Mornhinweg as OC.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would assume that a white woman wouldn't count, but that's a good question. I certainly think they should, although that would probably make more sense at the assistant coaching level, since there are almost no women who even have a foot in the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think there's a pretty good chance that we'll see a female GM eventually. Even though it's obviously a male-dominated industry, there have been women who worked in scouting or as capologists, and a woman could just buy or inherit a team and name herself GM.

Hence my comments a few pages back on that.

While it's going to be a long, long time before we ever see a female head coach (if it ever happens at all,) I think we could see a GM happen much sooner.

Because women don't really play football, you can make the argument that lack of playing experience could be a justifiable reason to never have one as a coach.

But women are moving up fast in the business world. I've worked in 3 different departments in the company I work for and have had 3 female department managers.

If the issue were to ever be pressed, I could see a "capologist" type of female GM getting a job with a head coach having personnel control. Anything beyond that might be a stretch though.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Jets get Marty Mornhinweg as OC.
Pretty interesting hire. The Jets might have done something right bringing him in.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Mornhinweg hire. Very strog move by Los Yets. Guy is one of the best in the business.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Mel Tucker hired as DC for the Bears.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mel Tucker hired as DC for the Bears.
Thats what all the insiders are saying but I also just read on PFT that were interviewing Raheem Morris tomorrow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-with-bears/

I'm guessing the Mel Tucker news is legit.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marty is going to dial up 70+ passes in week 1 to welcome himself to NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland gets Ray Horton at DC, Idzik is new Jets GM.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'd be cool with Tucker or Morris.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hence my comments a few pages back on that.

While it's going to be a long, long time before we ever see a female head coach (if it ever happens at all,) I think we could see a GM happen much sooner.

Because women don't really play football, you can make the argument that lack of playing experience could be a justifiable reason to never have one as a coach.

But women are moving up fast in the business world. I've worked in 3 different departments in the company I work for and have had 3 female department managers.

If the issue were to ever be pressed, I could see a "capologist" type of female GM getting a job with a head coach having personnel control. Anything beyond that might be a stretch though.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

Kim Ng is one of the smartest baseball execs around and all she's gotten is Rooney Rule style interviews for GM where she's a candidate. Look at her wiki bio, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ng. Just crazy smart and she has to "settle" for working for the league office. It's gonna take some time before barriers fall.