Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ugh, not you too Scott.

1) The Chiefs aren't letting Branden Albert walk. Not in a year where they're forced to pay out more of their cap. It makes no sense.

2) With Albert locked up there is no place for an OT to play.

3) If you have a QB going 7th overall, he can go 1st overall. The difference is negligible, and I've seen you argue the golden rule of the NFL draft more than one time on these very boards: if you don't have a franchise QB you don't pass on one.

It's just a bad KC pick that makes no sense.
His golden rule is if you dont have a franchise QB you dont pass on one. They're not passing on a franchise QB. They're passing on a QB.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
You are preaching to the choir.

The mocks are not what I would do but what I think will happen.

At this point based on what I've gathered Joeckel is the favorite for the Chiefs.
Well Scott, assuming this is the case, who would the Chiefs draft in round 2 at 34 to play QB?

Maybe Wilson? I like Nassib and Manuel a lot too.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well Scott, assuming this is the case, who would the Chiefs draft in round 2 at 34 to play QB?

I doubt Wilson lasts to 2nd round
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I doubt Wilson lasts to 2nd round
I don't, unless he resurrects his performance at his workout, I could see him going pretty late in round 2, somewhere in the 50's. This guy is getting way overhyped IMO.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shariff Floyd is who Calvin Broaddus loves for the Cowboys.

Is he really a 1st round talent in your opinion?

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will go QB, period. There is no question about it. I don't know for sure which one it will be, but Glennon, Geno or maybe Wilson will be the pick. Geno has all the physical talent and Reid might think he can teach him the rest. He has a lot of Donovan Mcnabb in him. Glennon has a bit of Joe Flacco in him, but maybe better. He had a pretty bad supporting cast that hurt his stats, but he's the real deal. Great arm talent to make all the throws, solid footwork and mechanics and he can really go through read progressions. That's a huge advantage on the rest of the QBs.

The Chiefs haven't taken a QB in the 1st in 30 years, its a passing league, they just hired a pass obsessed coach and they have the #1 pick, a rare opportunity. There is literally 0% chance they don't go QB. If they do, it won't be Joeckel. They don't get any value out of letting Albert walk or enough value out of trading him for say a 1st round pick. He let up 1 sack last year and they have the cap space to keep him. They'd be better off letting Bowe walk if anything.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minter would be a nice pick for the Ravens in the first round. I prefer Brown at ILB by a slim margin but I definitely wouldn't be upset if they went with Minter.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs depth at LT will be amazing with Joeckel backing up Albert...
Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fact is Chief fans, right now Scott is making the right pick. Albert isn't under contract at the moment and Joeckel is the best player in the draft.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel certain we will franchise & then sign Albert to long term deal.Plus we drafted Donald Stephenson last year.Fact is I believe Dorsey & Reid are not going to let Albert walk.When you have good players you do NOT let them leave
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel certain we will franchise & then sign Albert to long term deal.Plus we drafted Donald Stephenson last year.Fact is I believe Dorsey & Reid are not going to let Albert walk.When you have good players you do NOT let them leave
Right, because good players never leave teams.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Right, because good players never leave teams.
Smart teams don't let franchise LT's leave I know that for sure.going from Albert to Joeckel is definately NOT an upgrade
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
The Chiefs will go QB, period. There is no question about it. I don't know for sure which one it will be, but Glennon, Geno or maybe Wilson will be the pick. Geno has all the physical talent and Reid might think he can teach him the rest. He has a lot of Donovan Mcnabb in him. Glennon has a bit of Joe Flacco in him, but maybe better. He had a pretty bad supporting cast that hurt his stats, but he's the real deal. Great arm talent to make all the throws, solid footwork and mechanics and he can really go through read progressions. That's a huge advantage on the rest of the QBs.

The Chiefs haven't taken a QB in the 1st in 30 years, its a passing league, they just hired a pass obsessed coach and they have the #1 pick, a rare opportunity. There is literally 0% chance they don't go QB. If they do, it won't be Joeckel. They don't get any value out of letting Albert walk or enough value out of trading him for say a 1st round pick. He let up 1 sack last year and they have the cap space to keep him. They'd be better off letting Bowe walk if anything.
See, that's the thing... it's not hard to see that there is a small difference between those guys. ...and one of them may very well be available at their pick in Round 2.

Luke Joeckel definitely won't be there in Round 2.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Scott in my Mock I put up the other day I got stuck on my Bucs. I was thinking CB, DE, SLB but all were gone like yours. I ended up going with Vaccaro. Taking the best FS over a reach in Banks.
The Bucs are tough and I'm still not crazy about having Johnthan Banks in the Top 15.

Cornerback is by far their top need, but my guess is Plan B would be a defensive lineman.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
I can dig the colts pick. Need to do some research on Cooper. How close is he to chance warmack who i am in love with
Cooper is a notch below Warmack but also a legitimate first round talent.

Different types of players though. Warmack is more powerful while Cooper is more athletic.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Fact is Chief fans, right now Scott is making the right pick. Albert isn't under contract at the moment and Joeckel is the best player in the draft.
There you have it boys, start mocking a QB to the Ravens.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

I would say the three most likely options would be:

Mike Glennon, North Carolina St.
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Shariff Floyd is who Calvin Broaddus loves for the Cowboys.

Is he really a 1st round talent in your opinion?
Yup, I think Floyd is a legit first rounder.

Big, strong, athletic and versatile. That's a pretty good skill-set.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I was getting bashed a couple of weeks ago for saying the Chiefs would take Joeckel. HA!
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
See, that's the thing... it's not hard to see that there is a small difference between those guys. ...and one of them may very well be available at their pick in Round 2.

Luke Joeckel definitely won't be there in Round 2.
But they don't need a LT. They have one that allowed 1 sack on the entire year last year. They have the money and franchise tag to make sure he doesn't leave too.

I highly doubt any of those guys is around in round 2. Jax,Philly,Arizona,Buffalo and potentially others like the Jets and Browns are all looking for QBs.

I think Glennon and Smith are locks to be top 5 picks personally. Wilson has to rebuild his stock a little, but I don't think it'll be an issue. He had the concussion early in the year, lost 3 of his WRs after 2011 and had to play for John L.Smith this year. He runs a pretty pro style offense and has good arm strength,intelligence and accuracy while having a few years experience startin g in the SEC.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
I was getting bashed a couple of weeks ago for saying the Chiefs would take Joeckel. HA!
WE ARE'NT TAKING JOECKEL!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Bucs are tough and I'm still not crazy about having Johnthan Banks in the Top 15.

Cornerback is by far their top need, but my guess is Plan B would be a defensive lineman.
I'm a Banks fan, but I think his stock will depend a lot on his combine performance. He played well this year and has good size and skills, but he has to show he can stay with the best receivers the NFL has to offer. His 3 cone and 40 will be huge. Otherwise he may be facing a move to S
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smart teams don't let franchise LT's leave I know that for sure.going from Albert to Joeckel is definately NOT an upgrade
Sure it is. Joeckel will likely be better than Albert.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, you've been outspoken about waiting until round 2 to take a QB being a mistake, and I agree. However, with only two QB's going round one in your mock and obviously more than two needing a new QB it's clear you think a few teams will do that this year. With the group of QB's this draft, do you think it's as much a mistake as usual? What teams do you think are likely to target QB's in the second stanza?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Sure it is. Joeckel will likely be better than Albert.
Great! He can protect the blind side of the QB they don't have.