Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Best Hire
Philadelphia Eagle- Chip Kelly 8 11.11%
Buffalo Bills- Doug Marrone 4 5.56%
Cleveland Browns- Rod Chudzinski 4 5.56%
Jacksonville Jaguars- Gus Bradley 8 11.11%
Kansas City- Andy Reid 29 40.28%
San Diego- Mike McCoy 9 12.50%
Arizona Cardinals- Bruce Arians 7 9.72%
Chicago Bears- Mark Trestman 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously going with Big Red
Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Gus. Gotta go with him. If public affection of hiring choice is a criteria, he's probably going to win that hands down. Jags fans seem to love him.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
you dont like the hiring of a coach of the year candidate...solid logic
you don't think they would've still been good if someone else was made interim head coach? that season wasn't down to bruce arians.

and he's not even a particularly good offensive coordinator.

plus the fact that you gave arians the job over horton. which then led to horton leaving lol.

hardly solid logic from the cardinals...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I love Gus. Gotta go with him. If public affection of hiring choice is a criteria, he's probably going to win that hands down. Jags fans seem to love him.
Chip was my first pick but when it looked like he was goin back I was sooo psyched about Gus, I think he is going to be a great coach. I love his enthusiasm man, the guy gets his players to go hard and thats a good quality to have. I am stoked to have Chip because he was the guy I wanted...but I would not have been disappointed one bit if Gus was in Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1a. Chiefs
1b. Eagles
3. Jaguars
4. Bills
5. Chargers
6. Browns
7. Bears
8. Cardinals
1a. Chiefs
1b. Eagles
3. Chargers

I think these are the only three of importance. All the others are long term interim coaches imo.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking heads on ESPN upset about the lack of minority head coaches.

I wonder in 10 years when caucasians are the actual minority in the states if such we'll see the same responses.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid is the safest pick. He did a great job in Philly and will be good for KC.

The rest could do anything. Lots of interesting fits and hires. Not very high on Chicago, Arizona, Jacksonville, or Buffalos choices. Mostly because I don't know enough about them, except Arians, but I don't like him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Chip was my first pick but when it looked like he was goin back I was sooo psyched about Gus, I think he is going to be a great coach. I love his enthusiasm man, the guy gets his players to go hard and thats a good quality to have. I am stoked to have Chip because he was the guy I wanted...but I would not have been disappointed one bit if Gus was in Philly.
Players love him. Not afraid to give that tough love. Chip's a great mind but I do worry about him handling the media. If he is mediocre the first couple of years and continues to brush the media/fans off they'll kill him. If he wins big by year 2 that'll smooth things out.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid. Good coaches can occasionally stagnate in current situations, and unless a team wants to give out a very long leash to re-establish the team, they simply need to go elsewhere. It's the reason they are good, but not great coaches. But the Chiefs have talent, I think Reid can right that ship quite quickly.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Talking heads on ESPN upset about the lack of minority head coaches.

I wonder in 10 years when caucasians are the actual minority in the states if such we'll see the same responses.
Lets not forget not to long ago there were 8 minority head coaches in a season.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel a little like a crazy person for saying this, but I voted for Chudzinkski.

Not because I think he's going to be a super head coach or anything, but because he's going to have the best coordinator staff in the NFL. Hiring two strong coordinators like that means that he's not going to be micromanaging either side of the ball, which is smart. Now he's got Norv in the Dick LeBeau part of his career: dude's a good OC who's never getting another HC gig.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I feel a little like a crazy person for saying this, but I voted for Chudzinkski.
My vote went to KC, but I said before that I maybe one of the few here, but I like the Chudzinkski hire.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. KC
2. Jacksonville
3. SD
4. Philly
----------- Huge gap --------
5. Cleveland
6. Buffalo
7. Arizona (purely based on how they lost Ray Horton. Would be in the top half if they managed to get him to stick around)
8. Chicago

edit: I wonder what Lovie Smith will be doing this coming up season... Kind of shocking not to see him coaching.