Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might help him play more than 13 games, though.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Visiting cowboys fan.

I like martz as a coordinator. But you need better pass blocking to protect Palmer. How good is DMC as a pass catcher because if the Faulk role suits...
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Visiting cowboys fan.

I like martz as a coordinator. But you need better pass blocking to protect Palmer. How good is DMC as a pass catcher because if the Faulk role suits...
I think DMC's best role as a pass catcher is on screens. He is pretty solid otherwise but he is absolutely deadly on screen plays.

As for his health, Crow, I am of the mindset that DMC will break down when he breaks down, whether you give him 5 carries in a week or 20 carries. I would rather get as much out of him as possible while he's healthy. But that may not be logical.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with it for one more season. I hope he goes nuts, honestly. That'll ensure that he gets a fatter deal from his next team, and thus giving us a bump in the comp pick department.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Visiting cowboys fan.

He's no Faulk by any stretch. Closest guy we have right now is Reece.

Fad has pretty good hands by RB standards. They seem to have become somewhat less reliable the last year or so, for whatever reason.

Martz is a garbage OC. Hasn't been sh/t since he left St. Louis. No use of the guy.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will has a mega sad if we get Martz

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading down from #3 somewhere in the 6-10 range and picking up extra picks in the ideal situation for us IMO. We would still be able to land one of the top DT/DE in this deep class to improve the front 4. If we stay at 3 Star, Moore and Werner woud be the 3 guys I'd be debating on drafting. Other prospects that would make sense to me if we did trade down are Milliner, Jones, Hankins and Mingo.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Trading down from #3 somewhere in the 6-10 range and picking up extra picks in the ideal situation for us IMO. We would still be able to land one of the top DT/DE in this deep class to improve the front 4. If we stay at 3 Star, Moore and Werner woud be the 3 guys I'd be debating on drafting. Other prospects that would make sense to me if we did trade down are Milliner, Jones, Hankins and Mingo.
I'm okay with moving down all the way to the mid to late 1st assuming the Raiders get fairly compensated for it. This draft is deep enough and the Raiders have enough holes it would be worth it. But the stuff I see on the mock draft forum has us dropping 15-20 spots and getting a 3rd round pick and that's just asinine.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Olson.

Yeah...

Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least it's not Mike Martz.

I think it's about as good as we could expect. Freeman did well under him with little else around, and Gabbert, well, you can't polish a turd. And at least the power blocking scheme will be back.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am absolutely shocked that Olson received another opportunity to be the offensive coordinator.

Get ready for end arounds every other series and constant 4-yard passes to your tight ends, guys!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
At least it's not Mike Martz.

And at least the power blocking scheme will be back.
Two pluses, but...yeesh.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Two pluses, but...yeesh.
Oakland just isn't a very attractive destination for big name coordinators right now.
But still, Olsen's philosophy seems to fit the players better, and the Raiders O has more talent than the Bucs or Jags. I've also read his philosophy is similar to Al Saunders, so maybe Saunders will have more input this year.

It's a wait and see on this one for me.

Last edited by AJP19 : 01-21-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

I was hopeful that having Al out of the way would change prospective coaches' perception of the team, but apparently not. Still need a year or two to wash Al's stink off the organization.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Sparano in as OL/Ast HC. Good hire.
Only LB position to fill now?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Chatter circulating that Palmer is on the block and our scouts have a mancrush on Geno.

Please, let this be bullshyte. We can't afford to fumble this pick.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

http://www.kohlsnews.com/news/video-...crushing-punts

We may be the only fanbase in the league that gets a boner over punters, but hey. It's a tradition. We like freakishly good punters.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, the table is set to trade down within the top ten. Think about this. Either Geno or Joeckel is likely to be there at #3. This will be attractive to a team like Arizona at #7. We should trade down to #7 and look for Star if he falls and if not, Ziggy Ansah who I have been pumping up every since I saw him play halfway through the college season. Word is we are going to get to 6th round compensation picks as well.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chatter circulating that Palmer is on the block and our scouts have a mancrush on Geno.

Please, let this be bullshyte. We can't afford to fumble this pick.
I knew about the mancrush on Geno as the scouts have been at a ton of his games, but where did you hear about Palmer being on the block?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt we draft Geno at 3 with all the other holes we have to fill, especially on defense. I don't see why we go into next season trying to develop Pryor for another off season and let Palmer lead the team. Our QB play was the least of our faults last season, get some elite talent on the front 7 and hopefully the change in offensive philosophy will improve our record.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I knew about the mancrush on Geno as the scouts have been at a ton of his games, but where did you hear about Palmer being on the block?
Hacksaw on 1090 mentioned it.

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031...o/40/88287.mp3

Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thanks. Doubt it, though.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm not looking for it to happen, but I wouldn't mourn if it did.

If we could pull a 3 for him, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the beginning of the season I really wanted Tyler Wilson but now, gtdamn it somebody please fix the monstrosity that is the defense.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
At the beginning of the season I really wanted Tyler Wilson but now, gtdamn it somebody please fix the monstrosity that is the defense.
I'm with you on wanting to fix this D.

I think this is probably a great time to ask the question:

If you ran the Raiders, how would you fix this defense in the offseason? Think in terms of cap, cuts, re-signings, free agency and draft.

I'm at work so I will make my post at lunch time.

Oldie but a goodie.