Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No, I just find it amusing that you seem to be so outraged at the fact that people have a different moral view on the situation.
LOL. I'm the one outraged??? That's hilarious. The ones outraged are the ones who can't seem to let this story go and move on.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

What do people want to do? Hunt down everyone who's made a moral wrong in the world? Cmon.
Of course not, but Te'o and this story were in the spotlight the entire season. People in the spotlight get the attention, both positive and negative. Both you and I know that's how the world works.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Of course not, but Te'o and this story were in the spotlight the entire season. People in the spotlight get the attention, both positive and negative. Both you and I know that's how the world works.
This will be a little side note on his wiki page.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I very much doubt that. But if he really is the victim here I sincerely hope it is.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of see a kid who might be a little troubled about certain aspects of his life but also someone that hasn't assaulted anyone, done drugs or stolen anything. The kid probably needs people"s support now more than anything.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The kid probably needs people"s support now more than anything.
Probably, but he's absolutely not going to get it from anybody not in his immediate family or circle of friends.

The fact of the matter is that duped or not, he's kind of the punchline to a joke that even people who don't pay attention to football have heard by now.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly Te'o is not from the Palmeiro, Clemens, and Armstrong school of lying. This is getting more and more painful the deeper they dig this hole.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This has very little to do with corruption in sports. Te'o came forward and people don't believe him. Would they ever? No. This is the best he could do.
Te'o came forward my ass. All we have is ND claiming that Te'o told them THREE WEEKS AFTER HE FOUND OUT SHE WAS "FAKE."

Te'o didn't come forward. Te'o got exposed, took a couple of days to get his people in line and stop contradicting each other/him, and then came up with an incredibly unbelievable story that explained some (but definitely not all) of his contradictions as "LOL J/K lied to my people cuz I'm dumb enough to need to wear my helmet off the field."

Lord of the goddamned Rings is a more plausible story and has no contradictions at all.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the "victim", but at the same time even if he is fully exonerated from any wrong doing, he still brought this upon himself. Nobody made him go public about anything that has happened and he could have asked for people to not cover his personal life. Instead, he opened it up to get sympathy and that also leaves you opened for other things, like this. Is he the first person to ever get catfished? He might not even be the only one on his team. He was though, the only one to use a fake girl's "death" for publicity, for lack of a better term. That is why we are all here and why, in the scheme of things, this actually matters.

Let's stop painting Te'o as a saint or a sinner, an honest or deceitful man, as a victim or a culprit. This is in different shades of gray at this point.

I would not touch the guy in the first couple rounds, but that's because I think he's a glorified arm tackler who can't really do a whole lot, and also this. This, as much as it is a PR flaw, is a character flaw and something that will turn others away, including teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://i.imgur.com/USQIczi.jpg
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want some real entertainment? Go over to Rock's House over at NDNation and read the complete and utter state of denial those people are in.

I can't believe some of the stuff they are saying.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Let's stop painting Te'o as a saint or a sinner, an honest or deceitful man, as a victim or a culprit. This is in different shades of GrAY at this point.
Well said.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Well said.
If I had to assign a reasoning to defend his actions, that's the one I'd go with. That's the leader in the clubhouse at this point.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Te'o came forward my ass. All we have is ND claiming that Te'o told them THREE WEEKS AFTER HE FOUND OUT SHE WAS "FAKE."

Te'o didn't come forward. Te'o got exposed, took a couple of days to get his people in line and stop contradicting each other/him, and then came up with an incredibly unbelievable story that explained some (but definitely not all) of his contradictions as "LOL J/K lied to my people cuz I'm dumb enough to need to wear my helmet off the field."

Lord of the goddamned Rings is a more plausible story and has no contradictions at all.
Don't let his situation upset ya bro. It's just not worth it.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Just remember folks, this is the same guy who said a few weeks ago that the best choice for the Chiefs with the First overall pick would be...you guessed it:

Manti Te'o
Did you seriously just make that up? Cause I don't ever remember saying that. Not even as a joke. Link me.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Where did I say everyone? Secondly, you say you haven't made up your mind but go in to say if he admits it, you'll respect that. Why would he admit something he didn't do? Sounds like you've made your decusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not true. I think it's funny that you're insulting people for making up their mind and then proceed to label everyone on the forums here. So silly.

I haven't made up my mind regarding Te'o at all. I might be hammering him now but if he came out DAY ONE and addressed all this, was upfront about it and admitted to lying to benefit himself (which clearly he did) I would have a ton of respect for that. I'm not saying I'd become a huge Te'o fan or anything but I have respect for that.

Sorry for having morals? I'm not sure what to say. And mainly I care about it because people like Scott want to wax on about this guys character and leadership skills when being a pretty damn big liar make him the furthest thing from a leader and without character issues. Not to mention other reported incidents of him drinking at BYU when he's being depicted as this pure mormon. It's nonsense. That's why I take issue with it. Don't preach to me this guy is a "good" or "religious" guy when he's clearly anything but.

And yes, everyone lies, but there's a huge difference from telling a little white lie and lying to benefit yourself within the national media.

I respect your opinion to support Manti, but I refuse to support the position that it's okay to lie and deceive people for the sake of your own benefit.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually there are already 4 paragraphs about it on his wiki page. Almost as much text as his college career.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
My bad. It was ScottyD in the "With the 1st overall pick the Chiefs select" thread.

Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Teo and I hate it but that's who I come to.

Got mixed up with the Ds in the usernames. My apologies.
Good, I thought I was going senile. The guy I thought they should take was Damontre Moore.

I'm done with this thread. ...unless new news about it comes about.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, the thing is, you're just coming in here saying "why do we care, he's not a criminal? What's the big deal?"

the big deal is:
A) this whole ordeal is ******* hilarious

B ) He lied. To us. To everyone. No matter what side you're taking, he lied to the entire nation and yes, it boosted his fame. If you disagree with any of that, you're not looking at this objectively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason Te'o came in 2nd in the Heisman voting was because of his imaginary dead GF. I'd say for that reason alone this story is a big deal.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The only reason Te'o came in 2nd in the Heisman voting was because of his imaginary dead GF. I'd say for that reason alone this story is a big deal.
He was 2nd because he had a great season and lead ND to an undefeated season and lead them to the National Championship game.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Very much this. Manti Te'o was at best the third best player in the Notre Dame defensive front 7. He had no business being in Heisman consideration based on play alone. The best defensive player in the nation last year was Jadeveon Clowney, the best defensive player on Notre Dame was Louis Nix.

He was second in Heisman voting because of the narrative of "overcoming the tragedy of losing his grandmother and GF to cancer within 24 hours of each other and leading his team to the BCS championship game." Highly doubt that narrative has the same impact if he just lost his grandmother. Lots of 21 year old people lose (or have already lost) their grandmothers, it's hardly unusual.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

I'm thinking d-unit is a wee bit over protective of the Hawaiian and isn't being objective.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got bored. I came up an alternative hypothesis. Perhaps it's just a big, three-year, kooky misunderstanding and Te'o really is just the simple man-child he's painted himself as since the story broke; a dumb, childlike moron who fell in love with someone that doesn't exist:

Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
He was 2nd because he had a great season and lead ND to an undefeated season and lead them to the National Championship game.
Louis Nix led them. Being the recipient of some great luck against Pitt, BYU, and Stanford led them. Ohio State players selling merch for tattoos led them (no way in hell ND gets in over them or Bama).

Manti Te'o had no business being in the race for the Heisman trophy based on actual play, but it was the aura of Notre Dame and Manti's story that propelled him here.

Quote:

Closed Thread