Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jones reminds me a lot of Bruce Irvin...edge rusher while being a liability in run support
I think he's more instinctive than Irvin but i doubt he flashes that 4.5 time.

Last edited by Babylon : 01-19-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this shouldn't really surprise anyone who has ever even had a minor back issue. Your core is involved in nearly everything that you do in the weight room, so yeah, spinal stenosis would probably keep me out of the weight room as well.

From what I can gather, this guy truly loves the game of football. That's more important to me than what a strength coach says about a prospect. If he didn't love football, do you really think he would have went to Georgia or would he have called it quits when SC's doctors wouldn't clear him. The fact that he didn't means that he wants this more than most prospects. Those are the people that make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now that the offseason/pre-draft process has started, Message Board Jarvis Jones has morphed into a Bruce Irvin clone who gets "cleanup sacks" and is terrible at defending the run. Hopefully NFL teams will be scouting the real Jarvis Jones.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
So now that the offseason/pre-draft process has started, Message Board Jarvis Jones has morphed into a Bruce Irvin clone who gets "cleanup sacks" and is terrible at defending the run. Hopefully NFL teams will be scouting the real Jarvis Jones.
I wouldn't call him a Bruce Irvin clone, but he is bad against the run.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wouldn't call him a Bruce Irvin clone, but he is bad against the run.
Total fan made myth based off overreaction to the SEC Championship Game.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
assume the sources are correct and he's not a top 5 pick. fair enough.

Every team from 6-10 has defensive issues and would be hard pressed to pass on him based on production. He'd have to absolutely flunk his medicals.

The Jets medical staff historically have been lenient. They drafted Chad, checked out Drob and Vilma's knees. Either don't prioritize long term productivity as a franchise or aren't good at picking up on pre-existing conditions. that may have changed in recent years but i doubt it.
I don't think NFL teams are as worried about the performance on the field (which is quite great) as much as they are worried about how his injury might affect his ability to prepare for games at the NFL level and during games.

But yea, you can always find sources that will say one thing or that will lie.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can fall to the Patriots if he wants.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He can fall to the Patriots if he wants.
He'll still go top 16. Probably top 10. Plus, he's exactly the kind of player Bill Belichick doesn't draft in round 1.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I think this shouldn't really surprise anyone who has ever even had a minor back issue. Your core is involved in nearly everything that you do in the weight room, so yeah, spinal stenosis would probably keep me out of the weight room as well.

From what I can gather, this guy truly loves the game of football. That's more important to me than what a strength coach says about a prospect. If he didn't love football, do you really think he would have went to Georgia or would he have called it quits when SC's doctors wouldn't clear him. The fact that he didn't means that he wants this more than most prospects. Those are the people that make it.

I was just wondering about this.
I hope Jones' back issues are the main reason he allegedly doesn't embrace the weight training part of the game.

Someone is going to draft him I would think in the first 32 picks, but how successful can Jones be in the NFL without lifting??

Remains to be seen.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I was just wondering about this.
I hope Jone's back issues are the main reason he allegedly doesn't embrace the weight training part of the game.

Someone is going to draft him I would think in the first 32 picks, but how successful can Jones be in the NFL without lifting??

Remains to be seen.
I mean, he's been able to fine without it so far, and you can pick ISOLATED evidence from the past like Herschel Walker never touching a weight, but I agree with you that his ceiling is lowered because of this.

I think he can find different ways to work the same things in the weight room, but strength coaches are archaic and stubborn, so that could very well be why this comes up.

An example would be squats. Most of these guys swear by loading up the bar and squatting, as that is the key to leg power. Spinal Stenosis makes this a lift you can't do, so you have to find some other way to get the same effect.

In my opinion, there is enough technology out there that a team can find ways to get him stronger without doing squats and deadlift. Maybe Georgia tried this, maybe they did not. They very well could have and Jarvis said "nah, I don't want to do this" and this report is truly valid and not just sour grapes. This was never "Georgia's guy" and he was more a risk-reward transfer who paid off. The stakes are much higher for a pro-team than they were for Georgia though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I believe Jarvis Jones is overrated. He gets the vast majority of his plays behind the line being unblocked. He is consistanly washed out in the run game and when a OT gets his hands on him he its over.

Manti Te'o was getting run over by fans and the media for his game against Alabama, but if you watch Jarvis Jones the game before was even worse. He was getting dominanted by Michael Williams, Cyrus Kouandjio and Brian Vogler. The only success he saw was against D.J. Fluker on a few pass rushes. (D.J. Fluker is awful in pass pro). He was consistently driven out of the play and even worse on his backside. He also missed 3 tackles that he did have a chance to make.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
It is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I believe Jarvis Jones is overrated. He gets the vast majority of his plays behind the line being unblocked. He is consistanly washed out in the run game and when a OT gets his hands on him he its over.

Manti Te'o was getting run over by fans and the media for his game against Alabama, but if you watch Jarvis Jones the game before was even worse. He was getting dominanted by Michael Williams, Cyrus Kouandjio and Brian Vogler. The only success he saw was against D.J. Fluker on a few pass rushes. (D.J. Fluker is awful in pass pro). He was consistently driven out of the play and even worse on his backside. He also missed 3 tackles that he did have a chance to make.
that's an unpopular opinion.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before you say he's overrated you need to state where you think most people had him rated predraft. IMO most people looked at the guy like he was a top 10 prospect.

If that's overrated, what do you think his true draft value is??
He's still a top 20 pick WITHOUT the back issues. With them, who knows??
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost every talking head in the draft buisness has Jarvis Jones as a Top 5 lock. Early in the year Kiper was even talking him up as the clear #1 prospect in the draft. IMO that is a huge stretch thus making him overrated. He could be a Top 20 pick, but I could just as easily see him outside the Top 20 as well. Either way he is not a Top 5 prospect even in this class which is weak at the Top IMO.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think he could fall pretty far. If we start hearing that certain highly respected doctors aren't clearing him, then most teams won't want to take the risk. NFL teams take neck conditions pretty seriously.

Sterling Sharpe was a top-10 player in the NFL. Dr. McKenzie wouldn't clear him, and he never got more than a few tryouts after the Packers cut him.

Of course, if those respected doctors clear him, he's all good.

Last edited by WCH : 01-19-2013 at 08:35 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything else aside, isnt it freaking crazy how a guy like him basically gets by on talent alone if the reports are true? He was a freaking monster in college... imagine if he would have hit the weights and was more into it...
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Sterling Sharpe was a top-10 player in the NFL. Dr. McKenzie wouldn't clear him, and he never got more than a few tryouts after the Packers cut him.

Of course, if those respected doctors clear him, he's all good.
Yeah, the Packers tend to be very conservative about medical issues, particularly spinal ones. Having parted ways with Sterling Sharpe, Tim Lewis, Terrence Murphy, Jeremy Thompson, and Nick Collins following spinal injuries with Dr. McKenzie as team doctor, I would expect the Packers to leave Jarvis Jones off their draft board entirely.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Jarvis Jones is kind of overrated. IMO he's not the elite, top 5 talent people are making him out to be (even in this class). 10-12 would be the right kind of spot for him, assuming he checks out medically.

Athletically, he's not in the same league with guys like Ansah, Jordan and Mingo. Though I do think he's better against the run than people are giving him credit for. And maybe if he could find ways of doing more in the gym, he could become more explosive.

Projecting where he'll go is kind of impossible at the moment. NFL teams haven't even got a hand on him yet. He could go anywhere.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let him fall to 17 ....
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I agree that Jarvis Jones is kind of overrated. IMO he's not the elite, top 5 talent people are making him out to be (even in this class). 10-12 would be the right kind of spot for him, assuming he checks out medically.

Athletically, he's not in the same league with guys like Ansah, Jordan and Mingo. Though I do think he's better against the run than people are giving him credit for. And maybe if he could find ways of doing more in the gym, he could become more explosive.

Projecting where he'll go is kind of impossible at the moment. NFL teams haven't even got a hand on him yet. He could go anywhere.

It's not like this guy can't get it done. When I watch him it looks like he's not even trying. I think the game comes easy for this guy. One of those right place, right time guys all the time. Ed Reed of LB's? Plus people don't talk about this a lot but this guy reminds me of Osi the way he goes after the ball when he's taking down the QB. Which turns a big play into a game changing big play.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He, like Geno Smith, is going to get drafted for his "production."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote