Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
His propensity for going on it on 4th down will play a huge part in this IMO. The NFL is not college and the numbers will not transfer. If he comes in and expects to do the same stuff he did in college against NFL defenses he'll be walking a thin line relatively soon. It will be interesting either way because they have so much talent on both sides of the ball but the caveat is at QB. I think you have to keep Vick at this point or hope Geno falls to them, even then I'd keep Vick.
ALL NFL teams punt too often. It is a benefit that Kelly doesn't throw out logic whenever 4th down comes up.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if he'll go for 2 instead of kicking the field ago in the pros. Hmmmm
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wonder if he'll go for 2 instead of kicking the field ago in the pros. Hmmmm
He might try, but the first time it doesn't work out he's going to get killed for it in that market. Philly is as different from Oregon as you can get, they won't accept that he was simply playing the odds. It takes carte blanche as a coach to survive decisions like that, and being an unproven college coach doesn't bode well for him if it blows up in his face.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if Kelly goes with Vick or Foles because that will determine what parts of his system he'll bring to the Eagles. I don't think he drafts a guy. There aren't many QBs in this draft that fit either form of his offense. Geno fits if you're taking the running QB out of the system, but is he a better player than Foles?

There are three QBs in this draft that might fit into Oregon's offense as-is. EJ Manuel, Matt Scott, and Ryan Aplin. Not sure he'd be that interested in any of them.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind taking a mid-late round pick on Scott. As a project guy he offers some potential. People overlook how good of a passer he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Chip Kelly is going to find Darren Thomas and sign him. If that fails, he'll have Jeremiah Masoli as his backup. Calling it now.
These guys didn't make it into the NFL for a reason. Chip is smarter than that...

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
These guys didn't make it into the NFL for a reason. Chip is smarter than that...
Those guys have no business on a team, but Dennis Dixon might be a decent guy to get a look. Guy is actually a decent back up and has experience with the Oregon plays. He spent the year on Baltimore's practice squad and actually turned down a roster spot for the Steelers at one point this year. He isn't a starter but could be a useful player as a backup and to help the other players get acclimated to the new offense.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remember if the eagles bring in Tebow. I said it first.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Tebow is not going to the ****** Eagles...shut up with that nonsense...no one wants that piece of trash.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I was being sarcastic haha. Obviously he can find better talent than that.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know everyone is simply joking about it, but Tebow's release is way too slow to run that offense.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I know everyone is simply joking about it, but Tebow's release is way too slow to run that offense.
9erNation is not joking about it, he is still under the impression that Tebow is a good QB.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kelly is going to convince Juice Williams to come out of retirement
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Kelly is going to convince Juice Williams to come out of retirement
To play safety? The real QB he needs is Reggie Ball.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Real talk guys...hes bringing in Tate Forcier.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson round 2. You heard t here first guys.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They already have LeSean McCoy..

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
They already have LeSean McCoy..
To play qb.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To play qb.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Josh Cribbs can still pass.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Vick isn't even that fast anymore. There's no upside to keeping Vick.
As a Cowboy fan I really hope they do. It's so funny to hear people act like Vick is gonna be good in that system. Because putting him in a system where he runs more and gets hit more will surely fix his issues of fumbling and getting injured too much right? I'd rather keep Kolb for a year even if you can't incorporate the entire offense in as of yet.

Quote:
Actually a ton of people have already mentioned this a bunch. I brought it up in the coaching change thread as soon as he was hired. So while it may happen we didn't hear it here first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope yall are not serious about Denard Robinson as a pro QB. He ultimately couldn't even cut it at Michigan.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I hope yall are not serious about Denard Robinson as a pro QB. He ultimately couldn't even cut it at Michigan.
This. In all the Michigan games I saw from Denard, I never once thought "hmmm...that was a nice throw. I bet he can be a QB at the next level." In hindsight, he probably shouldn't have even been starting ahead of Devin Gardner.

If the Eagles draft him to play QB, I'll die laughing.

Last edited by WCH : 01-28-2013 at 09:27 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson is going to end up as Pat White version 2.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'm not, I don't think he's going to be drafted as a QB nor should he. But I think he'll be an interesting weapon that teams running the spread will want to line up all over the place. I think his best fit would be at RB, but I think Kelly will want to bring in a guy or 2 like him with some speed and athleticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote