Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sweet...

I never realized that Mario's last name is Mario until now. Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. Holy ****.

Why would they be called the "Mario Brothers" if that was just the first name of one of the brothers? That seems really dumb.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm taking Atlanta. People are overrating what the 49ers did against the Packers. Atlanta plays more zone, and Kaepernick won't be able to just run at will like he did last week. I think he's going to have a hard time throwing against Mike Nolan's defense, too.
Regarding Nolan's defense, we shall see. They are fairly high up there in points allowed this season, but in terms of average given up per play via the pass and the run, they are towards the bottom third of the league. And their pass rush isn't been that great this year. Maybe their entire defense steps up though. I'm more concerned about Jones, Gonzalez, and White potentially raping the secondary. Especially if the 49ers pass rush decides not to show up. I'm just glad this is the first time we are facing the Falcons in I think two years. The team has vastly changed since then.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-19-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the WIND is going to play a huge factor in this game tonight. winds could gust upwards of 35 mph+. not good news for the pats, who averaged like 3 ypc in the game earlier this year

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
the WIND is going to play a huge factor in this game tonight. winds could gust upwards of 35 mph+. not good news for the pats, who averaged like 3 ypc in the game earlier this year
Not necessarily, the wind is going to hurt kicking and vertical passing the most. Baltimore throws more vertically than we do, and that just means teams will be less apt to kick, and instead they'll be more aggressive by going for it more on 4th down which also works in the Patriots favor. We definitely do need to try and establish the run against the Ravens though.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 01-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Score predictions for both games.

49ers - 31 Falcons - 17
Ravens - 27 Patriots - 24

I want the Ravens to win, and think somehow they'll find a way. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if The Brady's win by 14+ with the way they're playing right now.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its local radio, but no one in the bay area can even conceive that the 49ers could lose in anyway. Kaepernick is untouchable and there is no way to contain his running ability. The defense is also the most dominant unit ever and it would be shocked if they gave up any points. There is just no way that the 49ers can lose this game and saying otherwise means your stupid.

/rant

I know homers are going to be homers and the 49ers are a damn fine football team, but it just gets under my skin. If the Falcons hit their big play WRs and get up a couple, I don't fully trust Kaep to put the game on his arm and throw them back into the game. Just don't be shocked if a young player plays like a young player.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Score predictions for both games.

49ers - 31 Falcons - 17
Ravens - 27 Patriots - 24

I want the Ravens to win, and think somehow they'll find a way. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if The Brady's win by 14+ with the way they're playing right now.
Nice double-side there.... took the Ravens but also said you're not surprised if NE wins easily.

Future meteorologist?
Mostly sunny with chance of scattered showers.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
I know its local radio, but no one in the bay area can even conceive that the 49ers could lose in anyway. Kaepernick is untouchable and there is no way to contain his running ability. The defense is also the most dominant unit ever and it would be shocked if they gave up any points. There is just no way that the 49ers can lose this game and saying otherwise means your stupid.

/rant

I know homers are going to be homers and the 49ers are a damn fine football team, but it just gets under my skin. If the Falcons hit their big play WRs and get up a couple, I don't fully trust Kaep to put the game on his arm and throw them back into the game. Just don't be shocked if a young player plays like a young player.
Yes, the local media especially has more confidence in the 49ers this season than they did last year at home. LOL people really have no faith in the Falcons. I don't know if it has something to do with their history or whatever, but for some reason they can't and/or don't want to imagine them in the Super Bowl. This goes for the national media as well.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kaepernick is a great promising young quarterback, but he definitely has flaws to his game as well. His anticipation is lagging at times, he has a bit of a wind up, and he's still predominately a 1 read or scramble qb. He needs to work on his ability to read defenses to take that next step.

I don't like when ppl say he's a bigger stronger faster version of Russell Wilson. That's an insult to Wilson. Wilson is far more advanced of a pocket passer than Kaep right now.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Falcons!!

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is gonna be a great game here in 1 hour until kick off !! It is time to get the drink on and watch the game. It will be one for the ages of the season if both teams come into play . I can not wait! GO49ERS !!!!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

In the great words of Bryant Young...lets cook that dirty bird.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Kaepernick is a great promising young quarterback, but he definitely has flaws to his game as well. His anticipation is lagging at times, he has a bit of a wind up, and he's still predominately a 1 read or scramble qb. He needs to work on his ability to read defenses to take that next step.

I don't like when ppl say he's a bigger stronger faster version of Russell Wilson. That's an insult to Wilson. Wilson is far more advanced of a pocket passer than Kaep right now.
Well in regards to physical ability, Kaepernick is bigger and faster.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons and Pats to advance.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish had better announcers in today's game. Stupid fox. ugh .
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go Dirty Birds!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy De Martini of Zac Brown Band is a 49ers fan. He wasn't allowed to wear any 49ers garb.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go Falcons!!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

That was a good National Anthem. Country music people do it right!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Very true. Kaepernick isn't nearly done developing which is good and bad. His mobility is such a great tool to fall back on when he needs it. Its good for him that he will stick with Harbaugh and get properly developed instead of getting a carousel of OCs. Harbaugh just knows what a can and can't handle. If Kaep can't go through 3 rea s then he won't try to force it. He also doesn't abandon the running game or view it as a break from passing like some OCs do. Kaep in 3 years could be great if the environment stays stable, but right now he is the 4th best qb in the playoffs (and the 6th best last week).
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
That was a good National Anthem. Country music people do it right!
Are you going to be here all day?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pants on Erin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no Joe Buck you do not call him a throwback...pocket passing isn't going anywhere moron
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Are you going to be here all day?
Yes I am , Ignore me if you have a problem .
Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
no Joe Buck you do not call him a throwback...pocket passing isn't going anywhere moron
I think it was a joke...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote