Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Super Bowl XLVII Discussion Thread.

Sunday, February 3rd, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII

AFC Champion Baltimore Ravens vs. NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-21-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone even going to watch this game?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Probably a good amount of America. Don't quote me on that though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably the Superbowl I've been least interested in over the past 5-7 years.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bunch of crybabies. I'm looking forward to this game. Though I would've enjoyed watching the Pats lose another Super Bowl.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Definitely. Not excited by this match up at all.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill watch the game as always but the buildup is going to be horrible. Ray Lewis doing his best to make Tebow look like an athiest heading into his last game. Harbaugh talk going to get shoved down our throats.

Game itself could be awesome. Two defenses playing pretty well and Flacco has been great this postseason. Kaepernick has been playing well for the 49ers, and it'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up against that defense. Matchup could be awesome, just don't watch ESPN for 2 weeks.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets not forget that we have the old Cleveland Browns playing in their second Super Bowl since moving, and doing it with "Art" tribute patches on their jerseys. At some point, ESPN is bound to figure out that storyline.

Last edited by WCH : 01-21-2013 at 08:03 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some great storylines in this Superbowl. Harbaughs, Ray, two young QBs, great defenses....Gunna be a great game. Can't believe we made it to the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop it APS. You aren't a Ravens fan anymore.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Some great storylines in this Superbowl. Harbaughs, Ray, two young QBs, great defenses....Gunna be a great game. Can't believe we made it to the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Stop it APS. You aren't a Ravens fan anymore.
LOL (searching for the APS tirade when they drafted Flacco instead of giving Boller another shot.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
LOL (searching for the APS tirade when they drafted Flacco instead of giving Boller another shot.
I had to look up what you were talking about. Funny stuff!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Pretty much this. Just crappy all around. I'm still pulling for the 49ers though. I don't like that team, but I want Moss to get a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I think a bunch of cry babies. None of these two teams no one wanted to be in the super bowl.

Well you know what too freaking bad. Its better then the Pats or Atl IMO. Atl failed to win in big games twice in a row. 49ers pulled it out and is the best team in the NFC as of right know.

It is going to be one of hell of a game though.I bet most of America will be watching for the excruciating offense of 49ers and defense and to see if they take down Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

All for know until Super bowl. I can't wait for Kaep to take it to the big stage and impress everyone and hopefully put on a show.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bunch of crybabies. I'm looking forward to this game. Though I would've enjoyed watching the Pats lose another Super Bowl.
This.

I'd receive greater pleasure in possibly beating Belichick and Brady in the big game than I would the Ravens. I've always liked the Ravens.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this game. Someone said to avoid ESPN for the next couple weeks. People should avoid ESPN pretty much at all times, IMO. I think I may avoid this site as well since 90+% of the talk will be "annoying 49ers homers" and "murdering Ray Lewis" and possibly the other 10% being actual game talk.

Good luck Ravens fans.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl are always the worst two weeks of the year. I don't see how the Harbaugh, Ray Lewis angle makes it any worse.

It always sucks.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Harbaugh story is going to be run into the ground, but I think this could be a good one. I want Ray to win another ring and I'd LOVE Reed to win a ring before he retired, so I'm pulling for the Ravens.

Most of my family (read: 99% of them) are 49er fans, and they're already super annoying.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strangely, I'm not rooting for who many people think I will. I think SF will win, but I am really pulling for the Ravens. Yes, I'm "that guy" who wants Ray to go out with a ring.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
This.

I'd receive greater pleasure in possibly beating Belichick and Brady in the big game than I would the Ravens. I've always liked the Ravens.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this game. Someone said to avoid ESPN for the next couple weeks. People should avoid ESPN pretty much at all times, IMO. I think I may avoid this site as well since 90+% of the talk will be "annoying 49ers homers" and "murdering Ray Lewis" and possibly the other 10% being actual game talk.

Good luck Ravens fans.
That's ambitious

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every year some bitter fan says this and every year people ask act as if it's the worst match-up in years, yet every year more and more people watch. Sucks your team didn't make it, now quit acting like it will be a boring game and you won't watch. There hasn't been a bad Superb Owl since the TB/Oakland game and this one should deliver. I can't see the Ravens D, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Kaepernick, Gore, Moss and the 9ers D having a boring game. Both these teams have had some of the most exciting games this post season, this will be a good game.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Every year some bitter fan says this and every year people ask act as if it's the worst match-up in years, yet every year more and more people watch. Sucks your team didn't make it, now quit acting like it will be a boring game and you won't watch. There hasn't been a bad Superb Owl since the TB/Oakland game and this one should deliver. I can't see the Ravens D, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Kaepernick, Gore, Moss and the 9ers D having a boring game. Both these teams have had some of the most exciting games this post season, this will be a good game.
Haha.

I'm not bitter at all. The Packers loss has nothing to do with me thinking this isn't a great match up. I would've preferred the Broncos and Patriots from the AFC and the Seahawks and Falcons from the NFC. I wouldn't be saying it wasn't a good match up if it was a Broncos/Seahawks Superbowl, for example.

And i'm not predicting how many people will watch and i'm not sure why i'd care. That comment was just a joke based around my belief that this isn't a particularly interesting Superbowl match up, compared to what we could've had.

I'm not sure why you'd get so upset about me not being in love with this game. Does it really bother you that much? If you think it's going to be a good game, good for you. I'm not making long posts attacking people who are saying they are really interested in this game. You can think what you want, I couldn't give a ****.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy if Balti won it but I really want Moss to win one.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha.

I'm not bitter at all. The Packers loss has nothing to do with me thinking this isn't a great match up. I would've preferred the Broncos and Patriots from the AFC and the Seahawks and Falcons from the NFC. I wouldn't be saying it wasn't a good match up if it was a Broncos/Seahawks Superbowl, for example.

And i'm not predicting how many people will watch and i'm not sure why i'd care. That comment was just a joke based around my belief that this isn't a particularly interesting Superbowl match up, compared to what we could've had. I'm not sure why you'd get so upset about me not being in love with this game. Does it really bother you that much?
No no no, you no like game = you bitter fan. #DC logic.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
No no no, you no like game = you bitter fan. #DC logic.
Apparently so :/

I guess i'm just bitter!

RIP themaninblack