Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Malliciah Goodman, 87" wingspan at 6'3.5"!

Look how freaky he looks. I saw a lot of Clemson this year, but didn't focus in on him. Anyone got a quit analysis?

Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just from what I've seen of him watching Clemson: He's not overly athletic, or quick. Bigger body with long arms. He's gonna get a chance at SDE in a 43 but with his length the 34 teams will likely be looking hard at him too
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really disappointing player. I see no reason to draft him.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He really broke out in their bowl game against LSU. Pretty much looked unstoppable all game, if he builds off that game tape and put together some good workouts, he will get some buzz.

If the first time you saw him was in the bowl game, you would have thought he was a stud.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will be a better pro than collegian.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Look how freaky he looks. I saw a lot of Clemson this year, but didn't focus in on him. Anyone got a quit analysis?

He's been basically non-existent. Good enough to hold onto a starting spot, but that's it. Never was a feared pass rusher, never was a quality run stopper either. Much better on paper than on the field. He did have a great game against LSU, but that was basically his first. If he tests well, he wouldn't be a bad option late in the draft, but that's about it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him as a potential DT. Get him around 290lbs and see if he can run past some OGs.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His game against LSU was not his first good game. He was solid through the last half of the season. With him, it's going to be a question of why he never turned it on until then. As a former 5-start prospect, I think there's some reason to cast him as an underachiever, which could justifiably turn some off some NFL teams. He's not as bad in run support as people are saying. He's no Justin Smith, but he's certainly capable of anchoring the edge. He just kind of has a lackadaisical sort of energy sometimes. He's a player that, when I watch him, I watch for flashes, and the flashes are there. On a play-to-play basis, over the course of his whole career, he's not going to knock your socks off but he's had some moments that you see and you can't help but picture him in an NFL uniform.

I'd have no problem at all taking him in the 5th round as a project, but is someone I could see a team liking enough to take earlier. Maybe even the third, depending on how the predraft process unfolds.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I like him as a potential DT. Get him around 290lbs and see if he can run past some OGs.
Have you actually seen him? I noticed you wanting him as a DT, and someone else as a 3-4 end, presumably because of height and weight. If you watch him on tape, he's a liability in the run game with not enough strength to anchor himself, especially not if he's 290 pounds and going against professional interior lineman. I don't see any future for him except as a 4-3 end. Goodman is an edge rusher, plain and simple, not a run stuffer. Maybe in certain packages that shift the defensive end inside he could play there, but he would never survive a long-term move inside.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-21-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Have you actually seen him? I noticed you wanting him as a DT, and someone else as a 3-4 end, presumably because of height and weight. If you watch him on tape, he's a liability in the run game with not enough strength to anchor himself, especially not if he's 290 pounds and going against professional interior lineman. I don't see any future for him except as a 4-3 end. Goodman is an edge rusher, plain and simple, not a run stuffer. Maybe in certain packages that shift the defensive end inside he could play there, but he would never survive a long-term move inside.
Ya I've seen him play. I think he can be a developmental 1 gap 3 tech. He's a late rounder so I would take a flier on him. You don't have to be a run stuffer to be a DT. There are teams that pass in the NFL.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if he could find a role in the NFL ala Chris Clemons. Chris Clemons was undrafted by the way. I don't think anyone here should be so positive that he won't amount to anything given the history of the NFL.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Ya I've seen him play. I think he can be a developmental 1 gap 3 tech. He's a late rounder so I would take a flier on him. You don't have to be a run stuffer to be a DT. There are teams that pass in the NFL.
No, you don't have to be a 330 lb. nose tackle to play defensive tackle. But you still have to do your fair share in the run game, even as an under tackle. There's a reason why teams don't run the 4-3 using simply three defensive ends and a nose tackle as their primary defense. Goodman possesses the size to move inside for special pass rushing packages, but he does not possess the size or strength to move inside on a regular, every-down basis. He may be adequate in run support as a defensive end, but that won't cut it for a defensive tackle.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No, you don't have to be a 330 lb. nose tackle to play defensive tackle. But you still have to do your fair share in the run game, even as an under tackle. There's a reason why teams don't run the 4-3 using simply three defensive ends and a nose tackle as their primary defense. Goodman possesses the size to move inside for special pass rushing packages, but he does not possess the size or strength to move inside on a regular, every-down basis. He may be adequate in run support as a defensive end, but that won't cut it for a defensive tackle.
I never said he was a ready made everydown DT if he gains weight. He has potential though. I like his skill set there.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why some people talk about every prospect as if the only way an NFL team can use him is every single snap of every game. Defenses are becoming increasingly varied and use different personnel groupings as offenses do the same, and you're kidding yourself if you think teams only want players who are well-rounded. In Goodman you've got a rangy, unrefined prospect with obvious natural ability, inconsistency notwithstanding. Once you get past the first few rounds and the players who are viewed as potential starters early in their career have been drafted, teams turn their attention more to players who have high potential, and Goodman belongs in that category. You don't have to assassinate his character because he hasn't put up big sack numbers throughout his career. 5-star prospects can still be late bloomers. He's had some pretty good defensive ends playing ahead of him, too. He also played special teams in college.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I don't know why some people talk about every prospect as if the only way an NFL team can use him is every single snap of every game. Defenses are becoming increasingly varied and use different personnel groupings as offenses do the same, and you're kidding yourself if you think teams only want players who are well-rounded. In Goodman you've got a rangy, unrefined prospect with obvious natural ability, inconsistency notwithstanding. Once you get past the first few rounds and the players who are viewed as potential starters early in their career have been drafted, teams turn their attention more to players who have high potential, and Goodman belongs in that category. You don't have to assassinate his character because he hasn't put up big sack numbers throughout his career. 5-star prospects can still be late bloomers. He's had some pretty good defensive ends playing ahead of him, too. He also played special teams in college.
Agreed. Looks like Philly may be interested.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looked pretty damn awesome in that LSU game
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think he was as bad as somebody else said against the run.

You can see that ridiculous length on tape. His arms are just ridiculously long. Goodman's problem is that he isn't overly explosive or athletic. He's just solid. His bend is solid, not great. Nothing really stands out about his play. I actually thought he always did a really nice job though on stunts to the inside and crashing down the line to make plays on the run.

His body type kind of reminds me of Ray Edwards (again, a guy in the NFL who I always thought was just solid. Got very overrated at one point). It's tricky with Goodman because you can see enough talent to be a solid base LDE in a 43, and that should be worthy of a 3rd (because really, how many starters come from each draft class?). But, his on-field production just wasn't there overall.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth96 View Post
nothing good ever came out of clemson.
CJ Spiller wants words with you.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So does Chris Clemons.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
So does Chris Clemons.
Although his last name bears a striking resemblance to Clemson, Chris Clemons went to UGA.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Although his last name bears a striking resemblance to Clemson, Chris Clemons went to UGA.
Hehe, the "other" Chris Clemons, S Dolphins.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Dwayne Allen, AKA the future best TE in the NFL.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Hehe, the "other" Chris Clemons, S Dolphins.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't look too impressive in the 1 on 1s today.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote